What will the marines module be called?

Hev

you mean like:

CMSF:ARMAGEDDON

"Terrorists have seized control of nuclear bombs and threaten the civilized world! You command a rag-tag, happy go lucky band of mean, green Marines! Do you have what it takes to stop Armageddon!"

The box art could feature a Abrams tank (since no one would recognize the funny vehicles the Marines use) with mushroom clouds rising in the background. I suggested this to Steve a few months back..but he was not overly impressed with my marketing suggestions.

At the risk of having a title that sounds like "Lord of the Rings:Battles for Middle-earth II: Rise of the Witch King" I think "Combat Mission:Shock Force:USMC" would do nicely.

A more difficult question is what will the British module be called?

[ December 21, 2007, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]

Originally posted by Sequoia:

CM:SF: What The Hell Are We Doing In Syria?

-or-

CM:SF: Stiff Upper Clip

-or-

CM:SF: Dental Apocalypse

...or if it's a British Marine module...

CM:SF: Rum, Sodomy, and The Lash

Originally posted by Homo ferricus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 'Card:

CM:OTSWTLTGITA!

Combat Mission: Our Test Scores Were Too Low To Get In The Army!

Something tells me I'm going to pay for that one. :cool:

hmmm, i got an 86 on my ASVAB, with line scores that qualify me for everything (except band, since i don't play an instrument, and i can't be an armor crew member, oh and about a half inch too tall for the silent drill team).

what'd you get?

edit: you know why the Army says hooah, right... </font>

Originally posted by 'Card:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sequoia:

CM:SF: What The Hell Are We Doing In Syria?

-or-

CM:SF: Stiff Upper Clip

-or-

CM:SF: Dental Apocalypse

CM:SF: Rum, Sodomy, and The Lash </font>

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Don't forget the new toys on the CR2s.

As discussed on tank-net. The RWS is definately out there - I saw a couple of CR2s with them on in the news the other day. Don't know about the toe armour, but i would imagine that it would be fitted prior to any major operation. Especially Syria, where RPG-29s would be a very real threat.

Yes, there is a lot of new goodies being fielded for Challenger2. The downside is that its not clear that all the fleet will be retrofitted with them. Hopefully they will be able to find the cash and continue to develop FRES.

Yes, Abrams v Challenger2 would be interesting. I also wouldnt mind seeing Challenger1 in there. The Jordanians have some interesting MODs in store (such as fitment of a 120mm Smoothbore an new Thermal imaging sights) that with good ammunition might even prove an interesting threat to an Abrams.Even those with the original guns lobbing HESH would make nice holes in buildings. smile.gif

Originally posted by 'Card:

CM:SF: Rum, Sodomy, and The Lash

IIRC, "It is all Rum, Buggery and the Lash" is First Sea Lord Churchill's famous retort when Royal Navy "tradition" was cited as an argument against oil-fired (vs. coal-fired) warships.

"Rum, Sodomy and The Lash", in contrast, is the title of a Pogues album. Evidently the word "Buggery" was unacceptable to respectable music stores. I, personally, prefer the original quote.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that I think that anyone can come up with a better name than Huntarr, but it has to be close enough to have been given a name by now.

Also is it true it will it be download only?

Wait, I know! Combat Mission:Grand Theft Auto IV.

That's sure to generate sales.

Sequoia,

I doubt it - according to some comedians because of CMSF the words Combat Mission = a tarnished brand. Therefore nobody will buy it because Battlefront have 'alienated their core fans' ad sodding nauseum.

They can call it what they want - I've been begging on the streets for weeks now just to make sure I've got the cash.