Why only Charles?

GSX

I've been around these forums for a while and it all seems that the game revolves around Charles ad his ability to cover everything. I have asked this question before but never got an answer.

Is it only Charles that can code the game, the modules and everything? Surely on a project so big and so important extra help can be hired to do a Module or such while Charles continues on with the coding of the next game or patches to the current one.

If it is a one man show, what happens if you ever lose your one man? God forbid he gets ill or something???

Or do I have the stick totally by the wrong end.

I think you are vastly overestimating the size and success of the CM franchise.

It has been fairly successful *in its niche market.* But the numbers are nothing like the mass market games that the big boys put out.

I'm sure BFC would love to be selling enough copies that they could afford hire a competent assistant for Charles, to spread out the workload.

Who knows, maybe someday it will happen. . .

Is there any proof that Charles really exists ?

They may just receive a disk with the code from a beam of light from outer space and decided to call it Charles, instead of calling him a beam of light from outer space. :D

Are you buying that line of " A super programmer called Charles does all the code on himself ", yeah right.

They just needed a nice name to put in the tax declaration, beam of light wasn´t accepted has a viable tax payer.

Even supernatural entities have to pay taxes you know. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MikoyanPT:

Is there any proof that Charles really exists ?

They may just receive a disk with the code from a beam of light from outer space and decided to call it Charles, instead of calling him a beam of light from outer space. :D

Are you buying that line of " A super programmer called Charles does all the code on himself ", yeah right.

They just needed a nice name to put in the tax declaration, beam of light wasn´t accepted has a viable tax payer.

Even supernatural entities have to pay taxes you know. :rolleyes:

I've heard that Norm Koger is in fact coding all games but Fedex guy who takes code in and out is named "Charles"

So it's just big set up tongue.gif