Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion Goes Gold!

Fury Software and Battlefront.com are excited to bring you the news that the long awaited expansion pack for Strategic Command 2 has now GONE GOLD!

barbarossa.jpg

The Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warefare Expansion raises the bar even higher in the WWII Strategy wargaming arena with all new game options, improved artificial intelligence and mind blowing expandability with its included full game editor.

We will start taking Pre-Orders for the Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion later this week and expect the game to be released at the end of this month (October).

The Weapons and Warfare Expansion requires that you already have Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg installed and licensed on your computer! This is NOT a stand-alone game, but an expansion.

We will be offering Weapons and Warfare in two versions.

For those that already own Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg, you can buy just the expansion pack for $25.

For those that are new to the Strategic Command 2 game or want the original game and the new expanion together, we have a bundle pack which includes BOTH Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg and the Weapons and Warfare Expansion. That bundle will have a special sale price of just $45.

While you wait for the Pre-Orders to go live, be sure and browse through the new Screenshot Gallery as we have just posted over 40 new pics showing off some of the many new game elements including the expanded maps, updated unit graphics, enhanced editor functions as well as some of the new multimedia capabilities the game now boasts!

Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion

Madmatt

[ October 08, 2007, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Retributar:

'asgard!'..."Better Late Than Never!".

Just curious, why is this game poorly advertised? Personally I think it's the best strategic ww2 game, though I admit I only played making history and hearts of iron 2. I like the simplicity of managing resources and the emphasis on strategy. And it doesnt take forever to play.

Back to the original question, I think someone should go around ww2 forums like axis forum and such and post screenshots of the game. Just a suggestion. Oh and don't post the standard pics which are used on the website itself. It makes the game look fixed.

Originally posted by asgard:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Retributar:

Just curious, why is this game poorly advertised? Personally I think it's the best strategic ww2 game, though I admit I only played making history and hearts of iron 2. I like the simplicity of managing resources and the emphasis on strategy. And it doesnt take forever to play.

Back to the original question, I think someone should go around ww2 forums like axis forum and such and post screenshots of the game. Just a suggestion. Oh and don't post the standard pics which are used on the website itself. It makes the game look fixed. </font>

Hyazinth von Strachwitz, there will be a new German retail combo package for Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare out later this year.

It will be available through Kalypso Media but unfortunately with the demise of Walkon, the original publisher of SC2, it will not be compatible with the Walkon version as it is a new release.

Originally posted by asgard:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Retributar:

Back to the original question, I think someone should go around ww2 forums like axis forum and such and post screenshots of the game. Just a suggestion. Oh and don't post the standard pics which are used on the website itself. It makes the game look fixed. </font>

Originally posted by Konigs:

Will this be a digital download as well as a hardcopy purchase?????? I still like to have the hard copy, and the manual, old habits die hard... smile.gif

Yes, but no printed manual, just the CD in a jewelcase.

Martin

I think there is a slow but steady revival of WW2 strategy games. I think this good, keep it up Battlefront. You must fedd the machine (us) to keep the Genre alive!

This package rocks, artillery, rails, roads, more places, tactical bombers. I'm going to have more challenges and more to learn, as I've not even Mastered SC2 Original this will give me something to do with my down time.. Been sick for the past while and this will be kewl smile.gif

Question on the upgrade. I have SC2, patched up with many custom scenarios & campaigns. If I get WaW (which I will), does that mean starting over with all the custom scenarios? Will it port them all over automatically?

rleete, SC2 WaW will not affect SC2 Blitzkrieg as the installation protects the original one.

Essentially once installed both games can be played without interference of the other. In terms of compatiblity with the Blitzkrieg files and the Weapons and Warfare files they are unfortunately not compatible. This is mostly due to all the additions to Weapons and Warfare so it was of course unavoidable.

For reference though there will be a short write up included from Bill Macon that advises modders on how to migrate their custom campaigns from Blitzkrieg to Weapons and Warfare as some of the campaign data files are in fact transferable, just not the entire campaign.

What about future patches? One thing that's been frustrating with Blitzkrieg is how each new patch breaks the old scenarios. I know there's workarounds for re-building the scenarios, but many authors don't so the scenarios end up abandoned and incompatible up on cmmods.com. It would be nice to have a conversion feature built into the scenario editor to patch old scenarios to the new version.

Cool, I hate when you have to lose all the old just for the new.

But, I suspect that WaW will soon become the default anyway. I know that I haven't played a game in a very long time unless it's on Thrawn's map - going back to the original is too crowded. But I spent a lot of time making my N.Africa game, and I'd be sad to see it gone.