Eastern Front corps sized scenario in work..with updates

Im working on a eastern front corps sized 1941-45 scenario. Thought I'd share some screenshots. ANyone out there doing the same maybe we can work together...

June 22nd 1941. Erich von Manstein's 56th Panzer corps poised to strike for the dvina...further south armygroup center prepare to annihilate the Biyalistok-bulge and smash the russian defence before Minsk.

eastfront3.jpg

Southern and southwest front. Note that german 11th army and Armygroup Antonescu have to recapture Bessarabia before the march on Odessa...

eastfront2.jpg

Mannerheim's troops prepared to recapture Vipuri...

eastfront1.jpg

[ May 21, 2006, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Looking good Mondo Scando! :cool:

Lots of clicking around, but, for some

That's no hindrance, and

At least!

You'll have ALL them Soviet leaders

Rated... right on the ruble! :D

Though,

GErman ones, I don't know, we'll have to

Wait and see.

You got Skorzeny in there? ;)

Looks good Kuni! Yep, platesting is the long and difficult part. Maybe start a thread in the design forum for testers when you're ready? Always good to get early feedback once you've played through your own scenario a 100 times.

AGREED!...Get 'PlayTesters' to test the heck out of it!.

There is no shortage of Tester's here!.

By the way Kuniworth ...your effort's and the effort's of anyone else making MOD'S/SCENARIO'S are greatly appreciated by the Fan-Base!.

Feel free to request assistance for information of whatever type as well,...in order to help out in MOD/SCENARIO development!.

That's the way a few of us think 'Fire' ,...you have the right idea as to what 'We-Want!'

I, myself would like a Larger MaP...with perhap's Division Sized Units instead of Armie's,...might be fun to try out!.

I too, do not mind what we have already!, it's just fine, but i would like to eventually be able to explore the game in more detail!.

Basically that will be the Future of SCII... at the moment I think it more an engine than a game... more scenarios to follow. I dream of a Panzergeneral-like campaign.. and I`m pretty sure we will see that sooner or later. I would even buy a scenario or campaign package, because people who do all that work deserve that someone pays them..

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

When will it be ready? Will there be a demo?

It will take a while just to complete all stuff. Then it will need playtesting. </font>

SC2 Panzergeneral!! Yes that is a good way to put it. If i would only have the time and skill to do that......

I think what "we" need eventually is a bigger map like 512*256 as it was planed originally and than Divisions would be good.

At Retributer and "same thinking people" : Do we want to create a project team and search for other skilled people to start this project?

Fireball

Sir Fire!, ... Blashy is one of the 'forefront runners' of much larger Map's and, as well as being a 'SC2 Beta Tester'!...he has the inside information of who can do what with what!.

Also, Edwin P. has a peculiar/particular gift for coming up with excellent scripting idea's [in-Fact he has no end to those and other ideas], as well, im fairly sure he himself...has a desire to create a large WW2 Pacific War Campaign!. [so his talent's would/could come in handy in this project you just mentioned].

We've seen Kuniworth's hand at his next game project depicting massive Panzer Battle's in Russia [using Corp's sized unit's],...i can't wait to try it out when it's finally done!.

Im sure there are other's like the above example's...so as i mentioned, Blashy could really help out here!.

Myself!...i have no real talent's at game creation [Though i've never really tried either], but do have a reasonably good understanding of WW2,...& have played Strategy Games [spanning most of Earth's history] for most of my life!. I also like to look for particular information that is not easy to find,... i like to do research...sometime's i go overboard!.

As well...i have also loved playing 'PanzerGeneral I & II' for all these year's...as it was alway's a constantly evolving, improving game with many people participating to keep the game fresh and interesting!.

Update may 21st;

- Most of the map done.

- Russian baltic and black sea fleets completed as well as the german BB:s and the 22nd u-boat flottila. Cruiser Prinz Eugen will maybe be added to appear either in 1942 or 1944.

- Work in progress on the order of battle. Problems with the russian units as its not really comparable to western standards. I will solve it regarding to infantry to have corps AND armies in which Russia will have both and Germany only Corps. The russian corps-system were in use to winter 1941 and then appear later in the war. So thats how it will be solved, Russia gets both. A russian army will have slightly more power than a german corps.

I maybe wrong (or its a typo) but isn´t the citys name Viipuri (not Vipuri)?

and to me the wartime Finnish border looks a bit weird? maybe move it one square east?

I know U got a ton of work with this but I imagine you want all the help/feedback possible to make it as good as possible.

Originally posted by breezeri:

I maybe wrong (or its a typo) but isn´t the citys name Viipuri (not Vipuri)?

and to me the wartime Finnish border looks a bit weird? maybe move it one square east?

I know U got a ton of work with this but I imagine you want all the help/feedback possible to make it as good as possible.

Yes I will need all the feedback I can get. You are correct on Viipuri, maybe I should use "Vyborg" so all city towns are in English?

And yes the finnish border must be put further east, I totally agree.

• 2 weeks later...