CMBB Modelling contest - Official Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwazydog,

A few days ago, I got to go to Brookhurst Hobbies in Fountain Valley, California. There I spoke to the well informed man behind the counter and gave him the rundown on the contest and related matters, together with contact information and the all-important deadline. He seemed excited and said he would pass it on to the armor modelers. I spoke briefly with the owner, but had to cut it short because he got a phone call.

Brookhurst had some marvelous information resources I'd not seen before. There is a big Schiffer hardback book devoted to Czechoslovakian tanks during and before World War II. DETAIL IN SCALE magazine has some excellent color pictures of a real, mudded up 250/1 that someone restored. It also has high resolution photos of a real UE tankette; photos are much better than what AFV Interiors has. Got to glance through issue No. 10

(in current volume, I assume) of STEEL MASTERS magazine, which is in French, with English photo captions. It has an incredible Eastern Front diorama of an early Marder (Rutch boom) in combat, together with massive photo coverage of French armor during World War II. While it may be only somewhat useful now, it'll be worth its weight in gold when you do France 1940, Invasion of Belgium, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Madmatt:

test...

What? That's it?!? Just a measly test? No cool new CMBB in-game preview pic featuring some of the models shown here? Sheesh. The nerve of some people!

Oh, yeah: Only 5 days left! Get moving soldiers!

- Chris

Heya Guys!

John, thanks for taking the time to do that! Does he have a web page at all, Ill like to see what he has available?

Thanks for the bumps Wolfe smile.gif Just so you guys know, there is a small chace that we may have an extension to the come, as some of the modellers out there have had problems with our comp clashing with others. I will let you know if this is the case!

PL, great stuff, Im recieving you emails now! Ill reply to them a little later today but thanks for all of the help! Great work smile.gif

Dan

sorry if this has been asked already. But I was wondering if there will be anymodels accepted after the contest deadline. I would not expect to win the contest if I turned my models in afterwards, but I am still interested in seeing if my StuG IV is up to par...

oh, just saw Kwazy's last post. i am sorry.

KwazyDog,

I checked last night at the Brookhurst Hobbies site

(www.brookhursthobbies.com) and found all kinds of goodies, including a substantial set of photo

galleries, but amazingly there is no section for finished models actually in the shop. If SCAHMS, Duxford, or the last two Euromilitaire's are of interest, though, you're in luck.

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Good one, Bullethead! With overnight messenger delivery, yours shouldn't be more than a C note.

[ February 26, 2002, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]