CMBB demo on september 1st ?

From gamershall.de, translated from german by me.

Cobra, the editor of gamershall.de stated the following:

"As I said earlier, the demo of CM2 will be released on September 1st. Gamershall has the english and the german version. We'll give you a first preview and a detailed report then. Are you interested in downloads? With approval from CDV we could offer both versions here for download. If there's any interest we would do this. Size is 68.4MB and 69.9MB."

So, could someone from BFC maybe give a short statement and clear this up?

[ August 21, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Guys, what do you want us to confirm? The editor isnt being untruthful as far as I am aware, if that is what you mean? smile.gif CDV is handling European matters though as you know.

Martin has a press release in the works to bring you guys up to date. Im not sure when he will be done but Im guessing it will be sooner rather than later. Bumping threads continuiously cant make that go any faster unfortunately, as usual smile.gif

Dan

[ August 21, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Guys, what do you want us to confirm? The editor isnt being untruthful as far as I am aware, if that is what you mean? smile.gif CDV is handling European matters though as you know.

Martin has a press release in the works to bring you guys up to date. Im not sure when he will be done but Im guessing it will be sooner rather than later. Bumping threads continuiously cant make that go any faster unfortunately, as usual smile.gif

Dan

Thanks Dan, I think that that is the kind of answer we were looking for. We just wanted to know somefink!

If the demo is only coming out in German from CDV, then I am getting out my german translation book smile.gif

Thanks agian Dan and keep up the good work.

Chad

Before you guys go and get too excited at the moment its important to note that I honestly have no idea if our release date of the actual game will coincide with the demo *or* if our demo will be released at the same time as the CDV version.

Ive been so buried in graphics I havnt had time to notice such things, so I think it best to wait for the press release before making any such conclusions, it should answer all your questions. I just wanted to let you guys know that info will be coming smile.gif

Dan

[ August 21, 2002, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

I am SO going to download that demo ! :D

You and about 9,000 other CM fans. Which means the server will probably go through a complete breakdown.

:(

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Kurtz:

PERFECT!!!

My current employment ends August 30. :D

Save your day job; the first demo scenario is two Heer platoons taking on a smattering of partisans on a 300 metre square map in the Ukraine. It's called Little House on the Steppe and is so named because the whole map is wheat with one house that both sides have to fight to get for the winter.

The second scenario features the Finns, which means it is unplayable as the Soviets as they will always lose.

Not much replay value there, I am afraid... :(