Is that a CMBB Bone I smell????!!!!??? Nah, couldn't be...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Xavier:

Very nice!

Is the soldier with the binocular a special unit or are we going to see all the 3 guys in a squad with binoculars?

I was just thinking about that. Only officers and FOs had binos as far as I know, so that leads me to believe that the Landser with the binos is a platoon HQ. And that makes me think that the officer with the cap must be a company or battalion HQ...which must mean that there are different bmp sets for the different levels of command, at least between platoon level and higher level officers. This makes good sense, because chances are most platoon level officers (Leutnants) are not going to be wearing a cap in the trenches anyway.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Diceman, I actually sent you an email letting you know it was in...I was wondering why you didnt reply, hehe. I guess you didnt get it ;)

Dan

Nope I'm afraid not; which reminds me, I've got to figure out how to salvage my inbox and address book from the hard drive I'm getting ready to reformat. Don't let "Gator" on your machine. It gets into everything.

Three notes:

1) HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

2) Why does the gallery say, "Adobe Phototshop 6.0 web Photo Gallery" on the top bar? Perhaps somebody *Cough* Matt *Cough* has been stealing code? ;)

3) HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Three notes:

1) HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

2) Why does the gallery say, "Adobe Phototshop 6.0 web Photo Gallery" on the top bar? Perhaps somebody *Cough* Matt *Cough* has been stealing code? ;)

3) HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

no not really that is the default heading when you use the automated feature in Photoshop to make a Web Photo Gallery, it is a form of advertising, so really it has nothing to do with stealing code, nothing at all, its just the default heading for the web page.

-tom w

This stuff looks great! Die hard WWII fanatics like myself love this kind of attention to detail. Especially like the Elefant. One of my favorite WWII tank destroyer's. German uniforms are also extremely impressive. Keep up the good work and many thanks.

We had a chance to look at the factories at Rune's Sneak Peak get together and they are definitely big and unlike anything previously seen in CM:BO. It might not be a 100% translation, but the enveloping sense of enclosure reminded me of the best part of the factory fighting that happened in the 'Close Combat III' urban map.

I walked into a scenario Spanish Bombs was playing and the factory setting gave a much added boost to the urban feel of the environment as the cacophony of bullets flying and explosions going off in enclosed areas almost make you duck instinctively. The LOS in and out of the factory led me to think that the action of assaulting these buildings against proper defenses is going to be a brutal task. The added functionality of the machineguns alone will tweak the tingle of anticipation and tension upon hitting the 'GO' button.

The doodads give a much needed sense of these buildings having clutter and a real purpose outside of just being a big box. I am hoping there will be a good variety of doodad types inside the buildings but what I saw was very nice and a welcome addition to the gameplay.

BDH