Peng, I Take Our Challenge Public, Now & Forever, Until the Last Breath Leaves Me

Speedy and AussieJeff:

Apologies if your Etch-A-Sketch's don't have sufficient resolution to read the forum without scrolling. You mean there are people who don't play at 1280 X 1024? Poor buggers. I almost, but don't quite, feel sorry for you. I would feel sorry you know, but I am sure that there are a multitude of reasons why you lot don't deserve it.

Oh Bard-boy, received any cards in the past weeek or so?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR RENT

1 BR - $450/mo + deposit, heat/water/garbage included, new carpet/paint, recently remodeled, no pets, references required.

Also, NO scofflaws, drug addicts, child molesters, deadbeats, felons, drunks, spouse batterers, juvenile delinquents or other good-for-nothing reprobates.

In short, if you do not have the good sense God gave a stoat, don't bother.

Call 952-472-0860 after 6 p.m.

And the paper wouldn't run my ad, something about Fair Housing Laws.

I blame you, MrSpkr.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Misquote.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Lars:

And the paper wouldn't run my ad, something about Fair Housing Laws.

I blame you, MrSpkr.

It's your own fault -- you obviously didn't hire a member of the Judicial Horde to draft your advertisement. Compare:

FOR RENT

1 BR - $450/mo + deposit, heat/water/garbage included, new carpet/paint, recently remodeled, no pets, references required.

Also, NO scofflaws, drug addicts, child molesters, deadbeats, felons, drunks, spouse batterers, juvenile delinquents or other good-for-nothing reprobates.

In short, if you do not have the good sense God gave a stoat, don't bother.

with

FOR RENT

1 BR - $450/mo + deposit, heat/water/garbage included, new carpet/paint, recently remodeled, no pets, references required. Owner requires

background, credit check. $50 non-refundable application fee to be applied towards first month's rent.

See how much better that reads? It doesn't mention the bit about stoats, but you do get to pocket extra cash in the form of 'non-refundable application fees'.

No need to thank me, my bill is in the mail.

Steve

Guest PondScum

Bumped off the bottom of the page, you slackwits.

Gamey Updates:

Papa Kahn's Panzer Armee is trundling through the mist towards Cemetery Hill in June 41. My brave partisan and his dog have dug lots of new graves to welcome them.

MrSpkr is still TOO SCARED to "follow through". I hear they have good therapy for that nowadays. Didn't work on Panzer Leader, of course, but that just meant we could reach for the cattle prod all the sooner.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Leeo:

<font size=-1>I didn't know Bumped was a Kannigget!</font>

He only shows up when the outerboards are really busy, and the Australians are asleep.

Gamey Game Updates:

Brought to you by The Akron Home For The Chronically Rude. Remember, "If you're chronically rude, you must be in Akron."

Flossie Jeff and I are playing the Citadel scenario on the demo as he has the misfortune of being Australian and at last check, was still awaiting the game.

So far, there's been a lot of him driving his tanks over hill and dale right along the right hand edge of the map and occasionally I'll fire my pea shooters at him for awhile. When this happens, he usually loses a clankety thing and I lose several pea shooters. Then it's time for more driving.

Pepper Corn and I have just gotten underway. I'm the jack-booted thugs and he isn't. There are many trees and for some strange reason, I've been given a cadre of mimes with which to assault his flank. And I'm not talking about his infantry flank. I mean his real flesh and blood flank, and it's not a pretty sight! I just hope that this bug is addressed in the patch.

MsStrker and I are playing "A warm place to lay down" or "Baby, it's cold outside." or something like that. I'm the battle weary Germans and he's the off-Broadway touring company of Cats!. I can see the fur flying real soon.

Speedbumb is the Romanians and I'm the Von Trapp family trying to keep him from awaking the undead in the Borgo Pass...or somefink.

R_Late e-mailed me last night that he has a terrible cold and would have to "wuss out" because he was "drinking Nyqil out of a brown paper bag down by the bus stop".

I'm not sure, but he sounded a bit feverish.

That is all.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Gamey Game Updates:

Flossie Jeff ...

Pepper Corn ...

MsStrker...

Speedbumb ...

R_Late ...

Even more examples of the futility of playing with names. Not funny, not recognizable in some cases and not worth the time spent to read them! REPENT YE SINNERS!

CessPoolers should spell the names of CessPoolers properly!

Joe

[ September 26, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Gamey Game Updates:

Flossie Jeff ...

Pepper Corn ...

MsStrker...

Speedbumb ...

R_Late ...

Even more examples of the futility of playing with names. Not funny, not recognizable in some cases and not worth the time spent to read them! REPENT YE SINNERS!

Joe</font>

I'm sorry, that wasn't fair. It could be that you're just a little slow.

That's why at this time I would like to propose that a collection be made to:

<big><big>Buy Joe A New Brain</big></big>

You probably don't even need a "new"new brain. Just something that's got low mileage or maybe is just a bit shopworn. I mean, it's not like you'd use it much.

So, I'm asking everybody to dig deep in the couch cushions (or Chesterfield cushions to our bretheren up north), pony up what they can spare to:

<big><big>Buy Joe A New Brain</big></big>

Don't just give till it hurts. Give till it maims.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Gamey Game Updates:

Flossie Jeff ...

Pepper Corn ...

MsStrker...

Speedbumb ...

R_Late ...

Joe</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

PoppinsGuys.jpg

(with Peng, Seanachai Poppins, Berli and Joe)

How, Berli, how is this happening? Have you driven her to it? Or are you the victim, even as we all are? Or...

But wait! I sense the influence that has wrought this change! Of course! It could only be

YEKNOD! WRETCHED DONKEY! THIS IS YOUR INFLUENCE, ISN'T IT YOU SLUMP-EARED, FLEA-INFESTED THISTLE CHEWING FAILURE OF A FRONT ENTRYWAY RUG!

You whisper your insidious drolleries, your glum, eyebrow waggling non-sequitors into the ears of Persephone, and this is what we see!

Corruption! Madness! Impudence!

I'll do you for this one, lad!

Piffle, piffle, piffle.

Yer little pointy bonnet may perch on yer noggin, it may bounce to a jaunty hop, it may topple forwards astride yer nose but yer cannot deny that me Lady has assembled a menage so grotesque as to border on the sublime. For it conveys both the subtle and fragile beauty of a fragrant bullock with the innocent and yielding softness of a jugged thislte.

So, Seanachai Poppins I've always suspected yer Nobbit ways but never declaimed me suspicions on account that yer words make up for a lack of inches.

But I have me doubts.... *sniff*

OZTRALIAN

*sniff* who's the one on the right, eh? Got a cute spasm.

Yeknod 'o tha Thistle and Defender of the Paddock

[ September 26, 2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

We get plenty of SSNs around here on whom you can practice what you use for wit. We allow, indeed we encourage the mangling of the names of SSNs since they're good for nothing else, but let CessPoolers be CessPoolers say I!

I, for one, hereby state that I heartily and fully agree.

I learned my lessons well during my time as Squire. Not like these upstart Kniggets and Squires we get around here nowdays. Bespeaks a lack of the BOOT if you ask me.

Let there be no more mangling of names!!!

I'm with you Cole Slaw!!!

Gotta go along with Mace on this one. When I access MPEGs online I EXPECT sound ... of course for the most part it's just "Unggghhh, Unggghh, Unggghh, Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd, Yes, Yes, Yes!"

Joe

Of course, in your mpegs, Mace is usually the one MAKING that sound.

Ewww.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Gotta go along with Mace on this one. When I access MPEGs online I EXPECT sound ... of course for the most part it's just "Unggghhh, Unggghh, Unggghh, Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd, Yes, Yes, Yes!"

Joe

Of course, in your mpegs, Mace is usually the one MAKING that sound.

Ewww.

Steve</font>