Appreciation

smile.gif I just placed an order Order Number: 95131, for the combo package after downloading the demo(s).

Gentlemen, I cannot wait to receive the games. Frankly, I found your product quite by accident and I cannot believe it.

I am a 49 year MIS Manager with 25 years experience in the computer field, from programmer, SA, systems integration and management,with 6 years active military (end of Vietnam to 1978). More importantly, I am a former player of numerous Avalon Hill games from Tactics II, 1914, Gettysburg up to ASL. Played actively from the mid 60s thru late 70s.

I gave up this interesting, but time consuming hobby around 1979. I have always wanted to integrate this interest with computer systems, but have always been disappointed in the commercial efforts by most mass market software/game developers. Sure, they push the envelope in 3D technology and modern hardware, but are lacking in realism, playability, customization and general strategy and tactics.

Now that I am a little older, with more time on my hand, I can find a resurgence of this hobby in your unbelieveable products.

For what it is worth, thank you for a product that I always dreamed possible, but until now was not realized.

WELCOME sir!

Do not, I repeat, do NOT wade into the Peng Challenge thread as gentlemen can become just...men smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla </font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

PS: Yup, I'm afraid that Combat Mission is really that good that I part with some of my very best cellar wines without losing a tear. All for a good cause...

Welcome to the club Ed.

I'm of a similar age to yourself, with a long-time interest in matters military and wargames.

I have become completely immersed (or assimilated as they like to say around here)in CMBO and now CMBB. They are a cornerstone in my leisure time.

Come to think of it, they, and this grand forum community, are a cornerstone in my social life, work life, married life.... a bit worrying!

Yes, they have the power to take over completely and they eat up time like nobodys' business.

Enjoy smile.gif

I am a 49 year MIS Manager with 25 years experience in the computer field, from programmer, SA, systems integration and management,with 6 years active military (end of Vietnam to 1978). More importantly, I am a former player of numerous Avalon Hill games from Tactics II, 1914, Gettysburg up to ASL. Played actively from the mid 60s thru late 70s.

My introduction to Wargaming came from spotting Squad Leader on a Toys 'R' US shelf while shopping for my children. I was 18 years old, (1976). Many boardgames, computer games and miniatures battles later I landed here. My hand painted armies have been doing nothing but gathering dust for the past several years. Welcome aboard sir.

I would also like to welcome you to the forum. It is a rare day indeed when I don't at least visit this forum or play the game. Hope you enjoy it even half as much as I do and that will result in many many fun and happy times for years to come. Yes these guys can do no wrong in my book. To produce this kind of game blows my mind. Enjoy my friend and good hunting.

Meet another computer guy (20 years in the business) who started playing wargames at 8 (Dad bought Luftwaffe for my brother and me).

CM is a dream come true. Next best thing to Tractics on the sand table we used to have in our basement when I was 15. But a lot easier to play nowadays, whenever I want, without having to get a bunch of gamers over to the house :)

Welcome to the club!

Jim