Poll: What fog-of-war level do you play at?

this is the age of extremes. extreme sports, etc. so extreme fog of war is the only way to go. however, now that they've used "extreme" to describe their new fog of war in cmbb, it makes me wonder what term they'll use after the rewrite. absolute? nah, sounds too wimpy. well, i'll let them worry about that. lol...

Partial? Partial?! Why, you're nothin' but a sissy little nancy-boy, aren't you? I bet you like to dress up in yer momma's panties and dance around like a wee fairy, don't you?

Yeah, I kind of enjoy that myself, actually. Quite refreshing.

But I play EXTREME FOW. That's the only way for real panty-wearing men that enjoy flittering about to play!

Aside from some playtesting and bug pinning, I find there to be no point in FOW settings less than extreme. There is also uber extreme, which involves drinking anti-freeze, blindfolding yourself, and sitting in a bathtub filled with ice cubes and mean kittens.

WWB

Originally posted by desertrat1943:

Extreme. But did you guys notice that even in extreme settings you can still tell which is the tank leader by looking at the small icon? Bummer! :eek:

Yeah, but that makes sense. The platoon HQ is going to stand out. EFOW just makes id'ing take more time, it doesn't make your troops blind & dumb ;) . Play any scenario, QB, whatever. Once you get in close (a few hundred meters), vehicles start getting pretty detailed IDs.

And to vote in the poll: EFOW baby smile.gif It is just hair raising to run into a pack of something... and then realize it's a bunch of SMG squads (just did that tonight actually). Luckily they'd all been hammered upon so they ran more than fought.

I will admit to being a "fairy pansy flitting about" or what was it... I *had* only played on "partial", since I tried that for my first game(s), and since, after Saving a game, one *CANNOT* go back and change that stuff, my "Citadel Setup Before Turn One" et cetera were all "stuck" on partial.

Then of course, I read how googly everyone here was about EFOW, so I had to go back and change it- I thought all my games would be like Yelnia-Only-Worse but actually I don't see much difference...?

Eden

There is actually a way to create a kind of "S/M-Ãœberextreme FOW" for the devote connoisseur.

1. Use your paint-program to make the unit-markers invisible.

2. Use EFOW

3. Use only maps you have never played before.

4. Trees and scenerie always to 'extreme'.

5. Look for something called 'Frankos True Combat Rules' (don't know if I remember the name right)

Basically this using only view 1 and always tab-lock on units. View 2 is only allowed if a unit is on a second floor and view 3 only if on the second floor in a church - to simulate the tower; only units with binoculars, german optics or sharpshooters can use zoom, squads are only allowed to use view 6, platoon-HQ can use view 7 -and so on.

Have fun! I recommend newcomers to such 'practices' to start it slow. Begin with a QB-300 on a small map. :D

The greatest pleasures are only recieved in pain!