What are likely to be the most sought after mods at first?

Apache

Commissar: I suspect I might have just been able to work that out. :rolleyes: A lot of people will now have got the game and, while perhaps not to everyone's liking, there are probably vehicles and uniforms less in need of a mod than others. Just wondered if any are vying to be at the top of the queue in terms of a request list to those talented enough and kind enough to spare the time to do them.

Are the skies good? The latter ones for CMBO were excellent. Also, on the snow side, are the textures similar to the Bulge mod or, given the fact that it was a damn sight colder, is the snow more, well, white?

[ September 21, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Hi Gary,

Got yourself sorted with the US version I see. Good oh. I suspect winterized will be top of the list, along with some of the shared texture vehicles.

Have ordered a new PC and the game. Race to see which gets here first. I suppose I must be one of the few on the forum that hopes it's not the game. I'll only be tempted to load it on this machine, not sure it will cope. AMD 2100, 512 DDR RAM, Audigy and Ti 4200 128M should though :D

I like to get realistic scenery. I'm not as versed in uniform and vehicle markings as are many CMer's - I like to get my #4 view and gaze across a majestic panarama of smoke and fire in a land ravaged by war. And now with the trees swaying in the breeze, the landscape is going to be even more appealing.

Might even be worth compiling a most sought after list for the top 20, 30 or 50 (probably have to be indivdiual mods like 'woods' 'wheat' 'house' Pz IV etc and do, dare I say it a poll :mad: It might give the modders a clue as to the most sought after areas of work for their talents in the early stages.

Originally posted by Apache:

Commissar: I suspect I might have just been able to work that out. :rolleyes: A lot of people will now have got the game and, while perhaps not to everyone's liking, there are probably vehicles and uniforms less in need of a mod than others. Just wondered if any are vying to be at the top of the queue in terms of a request list to those talented enough and kind enough to spare the time to do them.

Are the skies good? The latter ones for CMBO were excellent. Also, on the snow side, are the textures similar to the Bulge mod or, given the fact that it was a damn sight colder, is the snow more, well, white?

:rolleyes: Well then, you should have said so and been more specific. Ask a general, unspecific question; get a general, unspecific answer :rolleyes:

[ September 21, 2002, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Hi Apache

Got yourself sorted with the US version I see.
Well actually not as yet as I am waiting to see what BFC blokes come up with ref manual and I got an affirmative answer ref patches so I may yet go the Waffen Grenadier route ;) .

Have ordered a new PC
I will await arrival of game to see how my current set up copes.........

Santa could be asked to intervene eventually smile.gif

Cheers

[ September 21, 2002, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Gary Barr ]

Commisar: If I said what's really good about CMBB would you reply "It does war like stuff" or somfink ;) How about Whats are likely to be the best scenarios "One's with soldiers and stuff in" ;);)

Other than scenery there ain't much else to mod.

It's sort of hard to say, based on the demo only, but I would say: (1) the stuff BTS couldn't fit on the disk (new models, textures, winterized stuff); and (2) new buildings, I think. I don't think that the buildings have quite the high standard of the new tanks.

Of course, tanks with slogans and stuff would be pretty cool.

Za Rodinu!

Originally posted by Jazza:

Hollywood explosions by Juju and some nice winter mods.

New explosions, intended for CM:BB, but compatible with BO will be posted on Tom's site in a matter of days. I've been using them for a week now, And even I am impressed. ;)

I also picked up no pics with weak link.

With regard to Mods, its the eastern front and we need winter mods of all sort. Vehicles and uniforms seem to be numbers 1 & 2. Scipio has already posted winter mods for the the T-34 family and the KVs at the WarfareHQ site. In light of that, some German winter mods to balance things would be a good next move.