What are likely to be the most sought after mods at first?

Apache

Originally posted by Apache:

lewallen - It might be just my browser but there are no pics at the link?

I tried geocities and netfirms to host the file, but geocities has a 5MB max file size limit and won't allow .exe files (like self-extracting compressed files), and also won't allow outside sources to pull links from their page, and netfirms has a 256k filesize limit...

does anyone know of a good free hosting site???

the screenshots are still up on geocities, though:

HERE

~Sam

[ September 22, 2002, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: lewallen ]

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

I'd like to see an English translation for the voices mod (with appropriate accents). I know it's a huge job, so I'll wait until I actually have CMBB before I start really whining for this :D

Ace

This is easy, use the Hollywood-Enemy-At-The-Gates route - take the American voices from CMBO and substitute them for the Germans, and the English accented voices (just like Jude Law!)for the Russians....

Hehe, just for the record guys the Russians like to paint their buildings quite vibrant colours. In fact, all of the buildings in game are from actual digital photos from many Russian villiages thanks to some of our beta guys, and these were the more subdued ones at that smile.gif

Have fun modding them though guys, I expected not everyone would like them that way. I think many people seem to feel Russian should look somewhat dreary and run down, even if technically it may not be totally correct. smile.gif

Dan

[ September 22, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by Apache:

Juju, how could I forget GUNNNNNNNNNS!!!!!! ;)

Hehe - I'd like to see someone improve on the guns in the game. That is a really tall order. Probably the most difficult one to improve on you picked there.

The Churchill III needs one, IMO, but apart from that I don't think I will mod anything except for unit insignia and slogans, since I think the game is in good graphical quality, and mods often have a problem to 'fit' in with each other, because they have different levels of brightness etc. etc.

Originally posted by lewallen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Apache:

lewallen - It might be just my browser but there are no pics at the link?

I tried geocities and netfirms to host the file, but geocities has a 5MB max file size limit and won't allow .exe files (like self-extracting compressed files), and also won't allow outside sources to pull links from their page, and netfirms has a 256k filesize limit...

does anyone know of a good free hosting site???

the screenshots are still up on geocities, though:

HERE

~Sam</font>

Andreas - I tend to agree. This time I'm going to be REALLY choosy with mods. I ended up spending more time modding CMBO than playing at one stage. Mind you it did look pretty darn spectacular when it was done. Trouble is Ihad to keep back tracking and putting in mods I'd took out to make them match new ones I was putting in :mad:

I think BFC have really gone to town on CMBB too. Like you I'll need some persuading before I start swapping. Doubtless a few will come along thogh. I shall definetely wait for the cream of the winterized stuff.

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jazza:

Hollywood explosions by Juju and some nice winter mods.

New explosions, intended for CM:BB, but compatible with BO will be posted on Tom's site in a matter of days. I've been using them for a week now, And even I am impressed. ;) </font>

Andreas - I tend to agree. This time I'm going to be REALLY choosy with mods. I ended up spending more time modding CMBO than playing at one stage. Mind you it did look pretty darn spectacular when it was done. Trouble is Ihad to keep back tracking and putting in mods I'd took out to make them match new ones I was putting in
Ain't that the truth!

Hopefully, I'll just have to pick up some nice winter vehicles this time around..

Whats with guards T-34/85 and white stripes on the turret??
Could this be the white stripes painted on Soviet tanks during the battle over Berlin so that Allied planes wouldn't mistakenly bomb them?

I've bought a number of books on armor on the east front in the last year; all three "Panzer Color" books; Books on the Elephant/Sturmtiger; quite a number of books on Soviet tanks.

It's going to be modding over-load I'm afraid.

:(

I'm open to suggestions as to what to mod. Been working on some practice winter mods with the demo stuff and need more practice to get the procedure down.

-john

[ September 22, 2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Originally posted by Tiger:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Whats with guards T-34/85 and white stripes on the turret??

Could this be the white stripes painted on Soviet tanks during the battle over Berlin so that Allied planes wouldn't mistakenly bomb them?

-john</font>