Public Quickbattle is on

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cpl Carrot leaves me into the village just fine.

I figure he will bomb me out with ISU-152s or similar.

In any case, as contact between infantry is established, movement for both sides becomes very tenacious.

UPDATES: plane kills my 234/1 which is bad since it was guarding the big flag in the left and the MG there is now alone. I guess we will now see how good CMBB HMGs are.

One T-34 down (from IV/70, the gun threatening its side is believed to be downed by the 120mm mortar FO).

[ September 28, 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

The battle will start soon (as soon as the Cpl figures out IRC smile.gif .

Screenshots will be at

http://65.96.131.208/tmp/cmbb-pics/live/

The filenames will have a number in it which indicates the sequence they have been made in. A short text in the filename will indicate what they are about.

As an extra, http://65.96.131.208/tmp/screenshot.cgi

will get a screenshot right off my Windows gaming machine. Whatever I last pressed PrintScreen on will appear on this URL.

PLEASE do not useruse the latter, every 5 minutes or so at the maximum. I will have to switch it off when it interfers with the regular screenshotting.

Bump. Thanks Redwolf, great idea!

OK, that was stupid or bad luck, what ever you name it.

I had one SMG platoon assault an isolated squad, but his buddies hang out right besides the assault line. They get hit in the flank big time. I am also too stupid to time to get a squad to embark the IV/70 and then have the IV/70 drive off. Now the IV/70 is alone.

He rushed the HMG on my left and succeeded. With regular troops (attacker and MG) this is possible.

UPDATE: two T-34 are down for some turns, the third is unaccounted for.

I was just about to turn my Pz IVs to the left because I think my right flank is sucured with the infantry there. But right now he is smoking the position. I is possible that he did not see the infantry in position there and wants to overrun the tanks.

[ September 28, 2002, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by Sirocco:

Is it just me that wants to zoom in and pan the view around? smile.gif

No, it's not.

I've only got the Demo, so it wouldn't help me, I suspect, but wouldn't it be alot more satisfying if the Autosave file were posted each turn..?

Then "we" could actually peek and zoom and spin and everything else, no? It might even be smaller than some of these files...? The Autosave.cme for my last game of Yelnia (Total Vic, thank you, thank you) is only 32K.

Eden

Magic moment coming. Three more T-34 appeared.

My IV/70 was switching sides (from center to left) behind my hill and it will now engage the three.

However, the third of the first platoon is anccounted for and may bite in his flank and/or there might be enemy infantry in the path I use to crest the hill. The IV/70 is totally isolated.

And I have no clue how to handle MGs now and the slow artillery spotter are paniced or nowhere to be seen...

Originally posted by redwolf:

[QB]This may be a crazy idea, but what the hell...

To feed the crowd without CMBB, would anyone like to do TCP battle with me on Saturday, where we both write public reports with screenshots every few turns, in two threads here? That thing probably takes 8 hours or so, but might be fun.<<<

This is proving to be a terrific idea! And more proof that I am correct when I say that wargaming is the perfect spectator sport. Computer wargames, like the CM series, should allow spectators to view that action in real-time, much like it is possible to watch a chess game in progress via the Internet Chess Club, et alia.

TACOPS 4 has the right idea as well. I just wish all wargames would incorporate this concept of a live audience. So much could be done with it---such as "live" championship matches, as well as the ability to scope out the competition---making title matches much more interesting.

Just some thoughts.

:D

The unaccounted-for third tank for the first Soviet platoon in fact tried to shoot the IV/70into the side and it can run faster around the Panzer than that can turn. However, the exact movement places as ordered had the tanks came out front to front and after 5 penetrations the T-34 lost.

The second platoon moved to the center flag but cannot get a real grip on my infantry because of all the woods. I am moving the (meanwhile shocked) IV/70 from my left and the two Pz IV from my right to engage them.

Guest Panzer Boxb

I say, well done to you both. redwolf, what process did you use to transfer the screenshots to your Web server? I really liked the format of how this was done and would love to see more in the future. Cheers, gents!