MasterGoodWaffle's Thread of Cheery Ale

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGRGRGRGGG G G GGG GGG!!!!! AAAAAAccccchhhhhh...{thump}

Oh, great. Now look what you've done. All that nitro in the TNT seized MGA's brain. He's gonna be even angrier when he get's up.</font>

PORTABELLA'S GOING DOWN IN A HOT, FURIOUS, MOLTEN BLIZZARD OF TNT FOLKS!! I SEE THE TNT SMEARED ON THE WALL AHAHHAHA AAH AHAHHAHAHH AH AHA !! :mad: :mad:

AGRARARARARARAGRAGAGAGAGAGG G G G G G G G G G G!!!! :mad: :mad:

I can't wait for these next 4-5 turns to play out! There's gonna be a LOT of very burnt, very bloody, VERY unhappy german grunts littering my battlefield when the fat Kraut sings!! :mad: :mad:

This quote by a german veteran of the Eastern Front is from an article I am reading Posted by JaegerMeister (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/2941/articles.htm). I found this particular quote interesting, especially since it's 57 years after the end of the war. Do you agree with him??

"In one of his speeches about the attack on the Soviet Union, Hitler stated that the Soviets had placed a huge number of divisions along the German-Soviet border. What I saw when traveling through that forest were huge masses of well-camouflaged tanks, artillery, trucks, and other war materiel. Slonim was then only some 30 km. from the German-Soviet border and I must believe Hitler when he speculated that he had taken the jump against the Soviets because a few days later, they would have attacked. To judge from that much war materiel, I am inclined to believe Hitler. Remember: the Nazis were not the only ones who lied through their teeth."

Edited for the source mistake

[ December 06, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: MasterGoodale ]

I would like to start by asking how your son is doing?? Hopefully well.

LTH is very slow at returning turns, so believe it or not we are only on like turn 3 or 4 I think. The first contact we made I blew one of his halftracks away in like 2-3 shots and my other tanks are about to engage what appears to be a lone tank.

But the Parabellum battle is awesome. You did a fantastic job with the map and with troop balance . I would like to request that from now on if I PBEM with somebody that you would make us a custom scenario if you want to and have the time. I made one that MikeD is playing with Snarker and I think they are having a good time. I'm almost finished my second scenario which is a real whopper. It's a sequal to the first one but can also be a stand alone. A large and very gorgeous map with lots of variety, 45 turns combined arms attack, defense. About 2800 points I think, with a good deal of armor and inf. Some big arty too.

Anyway, best of wishes to your son's health and thanks for the map! Para loves it too and swears he will play it again with somebody else (after I kick his ass).

If you agree to the above, I may be sending a request within a week or so for a new PBEM scenario (TS)

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thermopylae:

BAAAHHH! Who wants to do push ups in dress gray anyhow..I mean GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY! Free weekend pass! YEAH!

Pfft! Always weinering out on the PT. Maybe you should have gone to the Air Force Academy.

Zing! :D </font>

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I would like to start by asking how your son is doing?? Hopefully well.

LTH is very slow at returning turns, so believe it or not we are only on like turn 3 or 4 I think. The first contact we made I blew one of his halftracks away in like 2-3 shots and my other tanks are about to engage what appears to be a lone tank.

But the Parabellum battle is awesome. You did a fantastic job with the map and with troop balance . I would like to request that from now on if I PBEM with somebody that you would make us a custom scenario if you want to and have the time. I made one that MikeD is playing with Snarker and I think they are having a good time. I'm almost finished my second scenario which is a real whopper. It's a sequal to the first one but can also be a stand alone. A large and very gorgeous map with lots of variety, 45 turns combined arms attack, defense. About 2800 points I think, with a good deal of armor and inf. Some big arty too.

Anyway, best of wishes to your son's health and thanks for the map! Para loves it too and swears he will play it again with somebody else (after I kick his ass).

If you agree to the above, I may be sending a request within a week or so for a new PBEM scenario (TS)

My son is keeping a good attitude. He has been told that they will try and shrink the Tumor with medication. If that does not work then radiation therapy. If both fail then a second surgery will be needed. He barely survived the first surgery so we are looking forward to the new medication they want to try working.

Thank you for the compliments on the maps/scenarios. I enjoyed making them very much and would be pleased to make more in the future.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

This quote by a german veteran of the Eastern Front is from an article I am reading Posted by JaegerMeister (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/2941/articles.htm). I found this particular quote interesting, especially since it's 57 years after the end of the war. Do you agree with him??

"In one of his speeches about the attack on the Soviet Union, Hitler stated that the Soviets had placed a huge number of divisions along the German-Soviet border. What I saw when traveling through that forest were huge masses of well-camouflaged tanks, artillery, trucks, and other war materiel. Slonim was then only some 30 km. from the German-Soviet border and I must believe Hitler when he speculated that he had taken the jump against the Soviets because a few days later, they would have attacked. To judge from that much war materiel, I am inclined to believe Hitler. Remember: the Nazis were not the only ones who lied through their teeth."

Edited for the source mistake

No I don't agree with him.

The Sov's did have a plan for attack, but it was general and timed for 1942 or 43.

The forces were massed on the frontier, but defensively, and against the advice of the remaining Marshals and Geneerals - who may not have pushed the point too hard given the recent fate of many of their earstwhile colleagues!

One person seeing masses of camoflaged gear means absolutely nothing.

If you wander past the transport park for an infatry division you can get an impression that the forces are being massed for attack.

The Russians had a lot of tanks - many of them were parked up as unserviceable.

Did the person writing this examine the serviceability of these vehicles?

The statement on it's own is completely worthless.

It can only be evaluated against the plans and policies of the Soviet state at hte time, and there was no such plan for invasion.

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Page 2 again!! :(

Not much happening in my game with Snarky - he's trotted out a KV-2 - but I think with its rate of fire it'll have plenty of ammo left by the end of the game 'cos he's moving so slow!! ;)

BwaaHaaHaa. I'm behind you...