MasterGoodWaffle's Thread of Cheery Ale

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here, bitch. How about when Parabellum's finished greasing your turret ring and penetrating you with his 75mmL48, you let me show you how us forum veterans fubar up a game of CM:BB. Once, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Edited to make it sound worse than it did.

[ December 04, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

The edit was in response to somebody making a comment about something missing from my post!!!(the usual GRRRR :mad: ) maggot! And you're ON wussy pie!! I'll chuck, sling, slather, toss, spew, and blast so much god damn hot, bitter, furious, angry, and psychologically disturbed TNT in your general direction you scum-sucking, cowardly-kraut-loving, bloated sack of foul-smelling cusk cock warrior wannabe!! :mad: GRRRRRRRARARRARAGRAGRGRAGRGGGG!!!! :mad: :mad:

You have no idea what you're up against when you challenge my fury!! :mad:

The only caveat is that I will only play scenarios created by Abbott specifically for PBEM. I have had such great experiences so far with the 2 PBEM maps he made for me that I want that same balance, variety, and sweet-looking maps in all of my PBEM scenarios.

He has many maps he has made we just have to tell him what we are looking for when he comes back around and he;ll send us a setup. I HATE random maps they have been ****ty in my experience and down-right dull. I like a map and scenario a human being has put some heart and soul into. I have a really nice one I am almost finished making myself. I have about 10 hours in it.

So anyways, let me know your preferences and I'll send an email to Abbott when he gets back from seeing his son (he has a recurring brain tumor). I don't want to bother him until then. Right now I'm quite busy with Parabellum and Hortlund anyways with my 2 PBEM games. Having a blast though (and so are they . . . .on me smile.gif

GGRRRRR!! :mad:

[ December 04, 2002, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: MasterGoodale ]

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

The edit was in response to somebody making a comment about something missing from my post!!! etc., etc.

That would be me. I was certain something awful had happened. Either a wannabe was posing as you, using a simple declarative sentence, no TNT, no melted faces, no GRRR, and no smiley faces. Or, even worse, you were turning mellow on us.

Glad to see it was but a momentary lapse.

Master GrrrGrrr,

I have a nice, medium sized map I've been working on. It's a meeting engagement (armour + 1 comp of infantry) on a hilly steppe town. I designed it for head to head play, but it has yet to be tested as such yet. I'll mail you the map tonight and parameters (w/out the units as I want that a surprise for both parties) for your approval or disapproval. If you like it, I'll send you a tournament saved version, complete with units. I think you can serve up plenty of TNT in this one. If anyone else is interested let me know (email is in the profile).

I'm think about starting a website!! :mad:

I need to know if anyone thinks anyone will use the site. I thought it would be cool for me to create dynamic campaigns for PBEM opponents on custom maps that I make. Here's the nitty gritty:

You send me an email through my website or directly to me, whatever you want. You tell me what preferences you have for PBEM games in terms of map size, terrain types, arms, force size (units or points), mission type (attack/defend, meeting engagements, probe, etc), and # of turns. I start creating PBEM TS scenarios that match as closely as I can. They will be balanced with well thught out and balanced maps that are also nice looking. I will send the setup to you with custome briefings. You play the scenario and send me an AAR (both sides) including a few screenshots. I take the AARs and create the next scenario for you both based on the AARs (in other words it will be dynamic based on what happened in the previous scenario. They will be linked by ME. I thought it would be cool to provide this kind of setup for people. Anyone who wishes to do this will get their scenarios on a first-come-first-serve basis. I will post the progress of each "campaign" and AARs on the website. Anyone who does this has my word that it will be balanced and that I will put a great deal of effort into each scenario/map.

I probably will only be able to handle about 3 campaigns at a time so i will take the first 3. That's if anyone wants to do this.

What do you think?!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRRRRR

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Master GrrrGrrr,

I have a nice, medium sized map I've been working on. It's a meeting engagement (armour + 1 comp of infantry) on a hilly steppe town. I designed it for head to head play, but it has yet to be tested as such yet. I'll mail you the map tonight and parameters (w/out the units as I want that a surprise for both parties) for your approval or disapproval. If you like it, I'll send you a tournament saved version, complete with units. I think you can serve up plenty of TNT in this one. If anyone else is interested let me know (email is in the profile).

That sounds cool crick. send it and I'll get to it as soon as I dispose of my current victims in PBEM. I don't want to get too many going at once. I prefer to focus on just one or two. Send it to jlgdrg@metrocast.net and I'll take a look. I will admit I'm picky about maps I play on. I HATE flat maps with little cover. Give me mountains, forests, rivers, etc and 'm happy!! Thanks!!

The molten TNT has begun to flow!!

Well more accurately the [spoiler removed by PissPoor Censors Unlimited] - but it's close enough.

Who knows - some of them may have actually hit something!!

Certainly the comments from my opponent about BBQ's indicate that dinner has been served!

Hey Snarker - rmember there's only 35-40 or so turns - shouldn't you get a move on?! ;)

Originally posted by Abbott:

This thread started from a humorous comment made to MasterGoodale by Soddball. After MasterGoodale arrived at our forum he began posting the usual newbie items. Then posting more of the same. Then posting more of the same. Etc…etc…etc.. At times entertaining, sometimes irritating. When we finally came to the realization that MasterGoodale was going to post if we found it entertaining or irritating or any other way. I saw no choice but to give Soddball’s idea a try.

MasterGoodale with his huge amount of enthusiasm and good nature jumped right in. The thread kind of took off from there. In no way was it intended to compete with the MBT , nor could it. It seems to have opened a welcoming door though to different posters then the MBT thread. If some of you have not noticed yet the regular Peng’ers are graciously supporting this thread as well. That should show some folks (that seem to have difficulty understanding) the true character of the Peng Challenge Thread and its posters.

Nick,

You are truly a gentleman, the world needs more men like you.

Edited cause I'm getting soppy.

[ December 04, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Snarker:

I'm hurrying as fast as they can. Scaling Mt. GoodHeight takes a lot out of pixelated men.

Disassembling the clankety things on one side and reassembling on the opposite side takes a some time too.

hehe. . .I figured those mountains would add a new "element" to any strategy. I hope you two are truly making good use of all the furious TNT I gave you!! :mad: :mad: That TNT was so furious and bitter I had to prescribe 75 mg pills of Paxil for it before I dispatched it to the field.

:mad: