CMBB Demo Bug Thread

Oh, and if you're making a new waypoint, backspace won't clear it. You have to click to place it, then delete it. In CMBO, if I remember correctly, hitting backspace while placing a waypoint will 'negate' the command, like hitting X when placing a target will get rid of the targetting line.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTS: Sending the saved game file with the message below separately.

I am experiencing a gamestopper bug:

Same problem as below: in the Citadel battle when playing as German, game crashes back to desktop when I click on a tank crew.

Win98se

Gateway PII 400 with 128k RAM (yeah, it's underpowered, but every other part of the game runs fine, no slow-down, no other problems--except weird graphics (blocky white) on river).

My PIV 2.2Ghz 512K RAM etc. is in the mail, but meanwhile....

Great game otherwise, of course, but I don't think I can avoid clicking on those little black suited rascals once in a while.

--Max Molinaro

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

quote:

Originally posted by highlife:

I just came across a possible bug. Playing "Citadel Schwerpunkt" as germans against AI. When I try to click on any tank crews the game freezes and I have to ctrl- alt-del or esc to exit the game. If I ctrl-alt-del I get an "unhandled error exception" message. This happened with both a dead crew and one with survivors. Running WinXP Home.

I was just going to report the same thing. When I click on my German tank crew the game crashes to the desktop. Win98SE

Just experienced the same problem...only booted out completely! Had to restart game.

Originally posted by Beckman:

Snip

Also, I found myself always wanting to get everything bigger, like I could not get close enough to the action, but that's probably just me. Maybe 1024x768 is TOO big, and the game is better under 800x600? anyone?

The sounds were great, just those unit bases.

GREAT GAME!!!!

You could try Shift C to make the units larger.

rvalle

Originally posted by Frenchy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by highlife:

I just came across a possible bug. Playing "Citadel Schwerpunkt" as germans against AI. When I try to click on any tank crews the game freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del or esc to exit the game. If I ctrl-alt-del I get an "unhandled error exception" message. This happened with both a dead crew and one with survivors. Running WinXP Home.

I was just going to report the same thing. When I click on my German tank crew the game crashes to the desktop. Win98SE</font>

Extreme FOW is deliciously frustrating!! I love it!! It's extremely (wonderfully!)disconcerting to have bullets kicking up dirt around your infantry and have no idea where they're coming from.

One minor issue, though:

There's something funky going on with targeting lines and extreme FOW - I was playing the Tutorial as Germans, and I had a red targeting line going to a Soviet squad, but there was no graphic for the soviet squad. IOW, there was a targeting line that terminated in blank space, with at caption that read "Infantry? 11m" Either:

(1) I had lost LOS to the squad, but the targeting line stuck for a while, allowing me to see the squads' movement. This would be a minor bug, IMHO, as it allows me to effectively see the location of an enemy squad after I've lost LOS to it. Alternatively, the problem could be;

(2) I had hadn't lost LOS to the enemy squad, but for some reason the graphic for the enemy squad dropped out. This would make it a minor display bug.

I suspect it was the former as my units in the area had recently gone panicked, and so were losing their spotting ability. The fact that the targeting line "stuck" for a while allowing me to see that the Soviet Infantry squad was assaulting my position, even though I couldn't actually see the squad itself - it's movement was tracked by the shifting target line.

Cheers,

YD

Just finished up the Citadel scenario -- I was a bit apprehensive as I had read about the crew crashing problem.

However, no problems here. I was able to click on my German tank crews to my heart's delight -- in fact, I gamily used them to round up Russian gun crews and take the prisoner.

Am running an AMD 1.1 GHz machine with 256MB RAM and a 32MB video card. Windows XP operating system. NVida video drivers and Direct X 8.?.

Steve

:confused: :confused:

Well I set up the russian attack scenrio agianst

the ai as axis with +3 exp., and 25% more units. Myself as allies, I click on a rifle squad and hit

enter game freezes, I have to reboot pc, try it agian same thing, read this thread. Then try to start the game and it freezes now when I'm asked

what resolution I want to play at. So I can't even

get into the game now?!

Pentium 3 800mhz Win98

nvidia 64 mg geforce2 mx/mx400 video

But it was exciting when the game started up for

the first time with the great intro music!!!!!!

CheerZ!

[ September 02, 2002, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Micheal Wittman ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Let me repost my bug post: When I captured a German mortar crew, I was able to order the captured mortar crew to 'cover arc' - I'm fairly sure that shouldn't be an option for a captured unit. smile.gif

Same for me except i had it with a Maxim MG, i don't think that is right? ;)

Scipio, MrSpkr:

Do you guys have FSAA turned on? I got the crew bug with it turned on and didn't have it when I restarted a new Citadel game with FSAA off.

Just curious.

What is a FSAA???

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Any word on the AT gun in the Tutorial?

(The HE MV being higher than the AP MV)

Cpl Carrot

That's actually normal for the Soviet 45mm AT Gun. Most, if not all, German guns will have the HE MV slower than the AP MV. Not so with Soviet guns. For some reason there are several Soviet guns where the HE MV is faster than the AP MV. In fact, Soviet MVs are all over the map and lack the same consistency that the German guns seem to have. I thought it unusual too when we were discussing gun accuracy in a thread with Rexford about a year or more ago.

Here is another, well, not bug, but a misspelling in the German version.

The unit names are shown as

1 Trupp, 2 Trupp, 3 FHZ etc.

Correct would be

1. Trupp, 2. Trupp, 3. FHZ (=1st Troop, 2nd...)

or even

Trupp 1, Trupp 2, FHZ 3 (Troop 1...)

Scipio,

FSAA = full screen anti-aliasing, turned on and off by your video card. Since I have a corrupted Citadel save file created with anti-aliasing on and a normal one started after AA was turned off, I'm trying to figure out if that could be a factor. I take it you have seen the screen shots of affected german tankers. Haven't heard about any Russian crews being so affected. Anyone had the problem with a soviet crew?

Scipio,

FSAA = full screen anti-aliasing, turned on and off by your video card. Since I have a corrupted Citadel save file created with anti-aliasing on and a normal one started after AA was turned off, I'm trying to figure out if that could be a factor. I take it you have seen the screen shots of affected german tankers. Haven't heard about any Russian crews being so affected. Anyone had the problem with a soviet crew?

Ah, I see. No, I have FSAA always deactivated. Never had a problem with Soviet crews, too.

Had the same crew lock problem, with any kind of GERMAN crew (bailing out, hiding, shaken, pinned, broken, dead)

Striking Alt-Tab, CM:BB screen minimizes and an error message appears on desktop. (Can't remember currently the exact message, but it's obviously from CM:BB). Are you interested in that piece of info, then I'll try to have it sent to you.

Pentium IV 900MHz

Windows XPpro

256mb Ram

NVida GForce 4 MX400

Regards

[ September 02, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Ozzy ]

Originally posted by Fishu:

Just played Citadel and had one crew cause game to crash to desktop if clicked upon.

Every time when I clicked at the crew or near it, game crashed to desktop.

Heres is the save file

The crew which causes this, is next to the road and the retreating PzIV.

I was able to recreate that crash -- mine just locks up when I click on that crew. I get the following error message:

Unhandled exception: c0000005

At address: 737705b9

For what its worth, I sent the error message to Microsoft when my OS asked me to.

Steve