What has the CM:BB demo in common with Casablanca

For non-German-readers, here's a computer translation of that link:

"CDV supplies on 20 September supply for strategy fans: On this day come both the round-based Combat mission 2: Barbarossa tons Berlin and the real time strategy ADD on Cossacks: Bake tons was into the trade. You find the demo to Combat mission 2 in the anniversary PC Games, expenditure 10/02 (starting from 4 September in the magazine trade)."

Christ, computer translations are funny.

Actually, I saw an ad for CMBB in the September issue of Computer Games magazine, which arrived last week - second week in August, that is. The ad is written as though the game is available for sale at the website. Probably the mid September date and the ad buys happened at the same time, perhaps without realizing that the "September" issue of some magazines is out by the second week in August...

[ August 21, 2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: JasonC ]

Originally posted by JasonC:

Actually, I saw an ad for CMBB in the September issue of Computer Games magazine, which arrived last week - second week in August, that is. The ad is written as though the game is available for sale at the website. Probably the mid September date and the ad buys happened at the same time, perhaps without realizing that the "September" issue of some magazines is out by the second week in August...

Yes. Noted that myself. I believe the ad also represented the demo was available for DL.

Originally posted by Wassermann:

"Germany first" :D

There is the CM:BB demo announced to be on a German game magazine CD coming out on September 4th....

PC Games

September 4th.....demo

September 7th.....Panther and StuG in action and rolling in Koblenz

Germany rulez ;)

DAJKHA)OEJN KALD ( no, that's gibberish, that )!!!! :D:D:D:D

Can someone from Germany send this magazine for me PLZ PLZ PLZ ?!? Or will the demo become downloadable anytime soon ? Dang, we want answers ! :confused:

I found something in the CDV-Forum

http://www.cdv-download.de/vb/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=20542&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

(Second post, from 'Kobra')

This is a part from the posting written by a guy, who seems to be a beta-tester and the webmaster of www.gamershall.de

Ich habe nun die US Beta mir sehr genau angeschaut und auch schon die deut. bzw. engl. Demos von CDV, die ab 1.9. erscheinen werden und diese laufen prima. Wir werden ab Anfang September dieses Demo bei uns zum Download anbieten, aber ich denke auch CDV wird es auf ihrer Seite hier tun.

Translation:

I just had a closer look at the US beta version and the German and English demo from CDV which will be released starting with Sept, 01th and they all run fine. We (www.gamershall.de) will offer this demo for download at the start of September, but I think CDV will do the same from their site.

Just to get this right:

This was not an official statement from BFC or CDV and has not been officially confirmed.

But it looks like that at least you guys outside from Germany won't have to wait for someone to send you a copy of that PC magazine.

Marcus

[ August 21, 2002, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Where is BTS nowadays anyways? Its an encouraging thought to think that they are busy getting CMBB all ready for release! Better yet, getting the english demo ready for DL from Battlefront.com!!!!

Two missions like CMBO Gold Demo? Any guesses? I just hope atleast one of them is early war with Mark III's vs. BT's and T26's!!!

Chad Harrison

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Maybe if the title were edited to something that might catch BFC's attention? Like, for example "Demo Out on Sept 1st?!?!"

It was only by chance that I checked this Casablanca ****e.

Quite - I still can't see the connection with Humphrey Bogart.

The biggest laugher of all, also from the announcement at PC Games Online - Products that can be compared with CM:BB :

- Panzer General Unternehmen Barbarossa

- Panzer Elite S.E.

- Heroes of Might and Magic 4 (!!!!)

BTW, has someone already seen the first five screenshots on this CDV Page

[ August 21, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Okay, I'll be the first to broach this.

1) Demo comes out 1st September.

2) BFC has previously stated that the gold demo will not be released until the game has gone gold (I think).

3) From gold to release is usually about 2-3 weeks.

4) Release date is on target, and maybe a little early...

5) The availability of the demo on 1 September or so is not out of line with previous statements.

Quite - I still can't see the connection with Humphrey Bogart.[/QB]
Maybe it's just a SYMBOL for something else? Maybe not the movie... the movie contained so much implied violence, so I can't imagine that's what Wasserman really meant to refer to... I think maybe he had something more ARCADIAn in mind.

As for Bogart, the most relevent thing might be "I'll have a cup of Joe."

[ August 21, 2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Tarqulene ]

Originally posted by Shep:

Okay, I'll be the first to broach this.

1) Demo comes out 1st September.

2) BFC has previously stated that the gold demo will not be released until the game has gone gold (I think).

3) From gold to release is usually about 2-3 weeks.

4) Release date is on target, and maybe a little early...

5) The availability of the demo on 1 September or so is not out of line with previous statements.

No ofense Shep, maybe I missed something back in the day, but how reliable is this information? Is it from the great Creators mouths or is it speculation?

SO THE BETA DEMO WILL BE READY FOR DOWNLOADING ON SEPTEMBER THE FIRST?

Could someone PLEASE re-confirm that this is reliable information!

Waiting Anxioulsy in Suspense,

Chad

Just doing a little deductive reasoning. It seems everyone forgot about the gold demo being available when the game goes gold. That's usually 1-3 weeks before the release date.

And we may still get the game before September 20th, because no one at BFC denied the significance of the grammar "...by the 20th." as opposed to "...on the 20th."

I really don't want to rumor monger here, and I definitely have not heard anything except what has been posted here. And none of what has been posted has been confirmed by the powers that be.