Sept. 1, got it...but what time?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CMplayer:

You aren't on GMT, you silly sod, you're on GMT+1 because it's daylight savings time. You know, the summer? Unless you happen to live in the middle of the atlantic. But in any case you are 5 hours later than East Coast USA.[/QB]

OH yes i forgot about summer.Thats because i blinked and i think i missed it.

I havn't been called a silly sod for a long while and it made me smile.Its nice to see good old english piss taking going on here

smile.gif

[ August 29, 2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Kiwi's will get it last. Well I know I have to go to work on Monday and thats when it will be released :(

Alas, you poor Kiwis won't get any demo coz all available copies will have been downloaded by then. BFC only manufactured 5,000,000 ya know! Tough luck guys... :D:D

AJ

Do any of you REALLY believe you'll be in possession of the demo sometime on the 1st? I mean really. The refresh monkeys will crash out MadMatts supercomputer by the crack of dawn EST (GMT-4). Madmatt will be dealing with smoking HDs and melted modems. Battlefront's ISP will no doubt go down too. Since it is a Sunday AND a holiday, no capable technicians will be on duty to fix the ISP's problem. In fact, it will be Tuesday before some hung-over technician even stumbles into work.

By then someone will have written a "refresh monkey" program that continually hits the refresh button on people's browsers. Thousands will download this freeware on Monday evening since two days of manual refreshing is all they can stand. With refresh programs installed and operating, BFC will be down for a week, drowned in automated refresh monkeys. :D

Treeburst155 out.

[ August 29, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Do any of you REALLY believe you'll be in possession of the demo sometime on the 1st? I mean really. The refresh monkeys will crash out MadMatts supercomputer by the crack of dawn EST (GMT-4). Madmatt will be dealing with smoking HDs and melted modems. Battlefront's ISP will no doubt go down too. Since it is a Sunday AND a holiday, no capable technicians will be on duty to fix the ISP's problem. In fact, it will be Tuesday before some hung-over technician even stumbles into work.

By then someone will have written a "refresh monkey" program that continually hits the refresh button on people's browsers. Thousands will download this freeware on Monday evening since two days of manual refreshing is all they can stand. With refresh programs installed and operating, BFC will be down for a week, drowned in automated refresh monkeys. :D

Treeburst155 out.

ROTFLMAO

Now thats a Thing of Beauty! smile.gif

Whats so beautiful about that post it must be Damn close to the Real Truth!

Watch and see....

For the record I will be away on the weekend and I hope all will be in order (after the soon to be famous Crash/Server Meltdown of Sept. 1 2002!) by Monday evening or Tuesday morning, when my turn to download comes around!

-tom w

OK No-one speaks for BFC/BTS but themselves...

However let me speculate a minute here

When Combat Mission was young so was BFC/BTS

they could afford the occasional "Night of the Refresh Monkeys"

because they were small and few people would notice

We all grimaced and laughed and waited a day or two to order or download

That was Then, This is Now !!!

BFC/BTS while still small and very responsive to their customers is no longer a "Start-up"

I am willing to bet that in order to protect their investment and not jeopardize the incredibly proffessional nature of their operation or the significant contracts they have entered into:

They have used a considerable amount of the resources available to them to insure that Server Crashes and Refresh Monkeys are a thing of the Past

[ August 29, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

I am willing to bet that in order to protect their investment and not jeopardize the incredibly proffessional nature of their operation or the significant contracts they have entered into:

They have used a considerable amount of the resources available to them to insure that Server Crashes and Refresh Monkeys are a thing of the Past

Anybody want to take that bet? There are fortunes to be made here, boys!

As an added incentive, just consider what a great sig line is lurking in that statement!

:D

Michael

[ August 29, 2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

OK, I want to know what time it will be when you all

<big><big>GET A FRICKEN LIFE!</big></big>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled simulacrum of decorum.

[ August 29, 2002, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

I'll take $25 of that action.

Steve

Originally posted by gautrek:

OH yes i forgot about summer.Thats because i blinked and i think i missed it.

Having one of _those_ sorts of summers in the Little Kingdom again?

I havn't been called a silly sod for a long while and it made me smile.Its nice to see good old english piss taking going on here
Yes 'silly sod' is calculated to sting to the quick

smile.gif

Originally posted by numskll:

I take it you meant that as a barb. What exactly got your dander up anyway?

It's just that, well, it's just that I've been refreshing since yesterday just in case the demo goes up extra early. And I recognize YOUR type when I see it. It's like I'll be waiting outside the ticket shop for 72 hours for my Two Towers tickets, with wig cuttings glued to my feet, then you come 2 seconds before they open and cut in line. Then you excuse yourself with some excuse like, 'sorry mate, I'm in my second year of college, you know — exams and all'. Sod. Friggin College boy. Hope you get beat up by REAL people next time you venture off your little idyllic campus.

Oh and I do have a rash, btw. You probably caused it.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gautrek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />We are on EST here so keep that in mind

I would keep this in mind but i am on GMT so am i forward or behind you?

SO if you do announce a time can some clever person please convert it into GMT for me

Would it help to rent a boat somewhere, sail out into the Pacific and through a GPS gadget make sure your just on the right side of the international date line. Then when the clock hits 12 on the 1st establish a satellite uplink with a fancy mobile phone and then with an antagonizing slow connection start download around the 60 Megs. Off course this will cause a humongous telephone bill, but he the demo is in your possession by then anyway, so who cares! ;)

Mies

Might be simpler just to walk into the BFC offices and grab any computing equipment they have lying around on the chance that there's a disk among them that has the demo on it.

Of course, if that delays in any way the release of the full version, 9,000 of us will be hunting you down and the rest won't be pretty.

Michael

Am I right that cdv will also be offering the demo on Sept1 ?

If so at what time will this be made available-----bearing in mind that Germany is 6 or so hours ahead of East U.S time

Any clarification on this........please :eek: