Sept. 1, got it...but what time?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this brings up a question of mine. Can the server handle 10,000 hits at once? Does BFC have suggestions about a neat and orderly download, or would they prefer shouting, pushing, clawing and trample-them-if-they-fall wide-eyed desperation, just so they can watch and gloat? Either is fine with me, I just want to be prepared.

Lurk

Couldn't they put it up at midnight between the 31st and the 1st. That way the night owl yanks could download for a while, then the Euros, then the Yanks wake up and download some more.

The Aussies...god knows...it's probably on the other side of the international date-line for them (not to mention the equator). They'll have to just figure it out for themselves.

[ August 29, 2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

What time? Why when you least expect it of course.

...After a few hours of idling away the day posting nonsense messages, perhaps ou will decide it's safe to go to the movies.

...Five minutes after you fall asleep, head on the keyboard, exhausted by the wait.

A half second before your provider crashes. You will refresh the screen just in time to se "Demo Now Avail..."

...As your wife exclaims "Honey it's time! Grab my bag and bring the car around..."

...Five minutes BEFORE you refresh the screen. By the time you get there, the bandwidth will be sucked so dry you can't even load the page.

Basically, you lose, man. Give up now.

Oh, and one more thing, when you finally DO get the demo, we will all have played it, both solitary and TCP, and will even have a few PBEMs under our belts. Our conversations will be lofty and you will be excluded.

Even though you now have the demo, and are scrambling to play it, the learning curve is too steep and we are too far ahead. You suck now, and will always suck, one step behind those of us who were ON TIME!

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

You suck now, and will always suck, one step behind those of us who were ON TIME!

Speaking of which...what time do you get home from work? Any chance you can send a turn before I sack out?</font>

"...Sometime during the day..."

For cryin' out loud, Madmatt you'd think on at least THIS, the most important day of the year (so far) you could roll outta bed before noon and get this crap done during the morning, like those of us with REAL JOBS have to do. Sheesh...

[EDIT] I know he has probably been working long hours, so perhaps his joke-o-meter is running down, so I better add a smilie, even though I'm morally opposed to them. :D

[ August 29, 2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

For cryin' out loud, Madmatt you'd think on at least THIS, the most important day of the year (so far) you could roll outta bed before noon and get this crap done during the morning, like those of us with REAL JOBS have to do. Sheesh...

I agree...though what the hail, they could post it at midnight and then celebrate with champagne for all I care.

Originally posted by gautrek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />We are on EST here so keep that in mind

I would keep this in mind but i am on GMT so am i forward or behind you?

SO if you do announce a time can some clever person please convert it into GMT for me

I just had a brilliant idea. BFC should start allowing downloads earlier, to reduce the strain on the server. But the dowloaded 60 megabyte files won't work until you get a teensy weensy PATCH, which goes out on the 1st.

Clever huh?

No?

Oh never mind.

I can see it now. Much lauded independant game company crashes the internet.

I have to work monday, that is I have to go to work whether I actually do any is another matter, so it is patently unfair that they won't post the demo until 'sometime' during the day Sunday. I'll be cheated of my full day of CM:BB. I demand immediate satisfaction like my life thus far has taught me to expect. I'd challege one of you to a duel but you folks are way to hard core and we all know I'd lose.

I just want to play the stupid game. Criminy! is that so wrong?