Is it just me, or do the birds in the demo sound like U.S. robins?

Originally posted by Moriarty:

For old times sake, I was just wondering.

Geeze Moriarty do TRY not to be such a flaming idiot on the outerboards okay? I mean we're used to you in the CessPool but you come out here and say something stupid like that and ... well, it's just embarassing us.

The robins were clearly stowaways on all those P-39s we sent the Russians.

Joe

Well, you know, if they can get such authentic Muscovite voices to curse for them, you'd figure the BTS boys could also capture a few unsuspecting Russian birds for them and get the buggers to chirp into a microphone for them.

Tell you what, I have it on good authority that most of the migratory birds of Russia actually stop off in Oman as they make their way to South Africa to winter. Now I just happen to be going to Oman in migrating season this year and could press gang a few into chirping for AIFF translation if a certain amount of "consideration" were made on my behalf....

BTW, does anyone recall the average velocity of an unladen swallow?

[ September 06, 2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Goanna ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The robins were clearly stowaways on all those P-39s we sent the Russians.

So they are U.S. robins! And all this time I thought they were manufacturing defects in Soviet tanks. Who is the idiot now, hmmm? :D

And, hey, Moriarty, what do I have to do to get you to finish kicking my butt in the Son scenario??? Need some old-fashioned paratrooper taunting, like, "Hey, Fritz! Take my parachute - should be just enough material for HALF a mumu for your schatzi!"

Goanna...

Shep is short for shepherd. I am the pastor of a church by profession and calling, and many in my flock use Shep as an affectionate and respectful nickname.

I'll take no offense at your jest. Good men have called me worse names than that, and likely for better reasons.

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by Shep:

Hey!!!

The American Robin thread is my original thread and intellectual property!!!

Give proper reference or be tortured at the Castle Perilous!

Bring out... The Comfy Chair!

BTW I checked out THE ULTIMATE NIGGLE and this truly is deja vu all over again! LOL