Gamespy interview with BTS about CMBB

follow the link:

http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=2923

Lots of good stuff makes me want to play CMBB even more now.

-john

ps~ wondering about that MG ball-mount on the rear of the KV-1 in that screenshot. How did they aim it? Was there a vision port/slit/block in the rear turret? Looking out the back of the cupola?

Anyone know?

[ February 11, 2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Guest ckoharik

I love that last line:

However, we have included the possibility to play such "Ãœber-Huge" battles, primarily with an eye on the future, but also simply because people wouldn't stop whining for it :)
Now, whoever could they be referring to? :D

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Hide your Kubelwagons, the Russian tanks are coming!!! It looks like NVidia has timed the release of the GeForce 4 to coincide with the anticipated release of CMBB.

Well, in "Up Front" Bill Mauldin relates an incident where some of the first prisoners captured at Anzio were drunken German officers who drove their volkswagen through the doors of a landing ship tank. Maybe something similar happened here. smile.gif

Gordon

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Matt, dont forget that in CMBO there were visually less trees in a scattered tree tile, so youd probably end up with a tree on one side of the road or the other, but not both smile.gif

Dan

Yeah I was actually just thinking that. I am pretty sure that shot is with "Extreme Tree Density" set, which is the only way to fly. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

"Even the most hardcore grognards out there won't be able to memorize all the strengths and weaknesses of each and every unit."

JasonC, Doroshling, Slapdragon and Andreas, do you sense a challenge here? ;)

What do "game stats" have to do with being a grog? I see no challenge at all. I am a below average CM player with above average interest in uniforms...I couldn't care less how many FP a PzGrenadier squad has in Oct 1944 - much less bother memorizing (or, in the case of at least one of the people you mentino, making up) statistics. Card counting was important to Up Front but really took away some of the fun...

Hi,

All sounds too good to be true.

Great to see the option of bigger battles. I am not sure I will be using it much; battalion V battalion is fine for me, but still great to know I will have the option. Will not be able to resist the odd mass attack.

On another issue, for me the graphics are not the most important, but given that I do have a new machine I greatly look forward to using the extreme terrain/graphics settings.

Waiting, is indeed, becoming harder and harder.

All the best,

Kip.

And one that I wanted to ask- will there be onion dome churches? Lots of the villages on Kodiak have them from when we were a Russian colony. They sure would make the CMBB world prettier. Hint, hint.

Dorosh, you are absolutely correct. I forgot to classify the different varieties of grogs, and lumped you in with the stat-grogs instead of the historical research-grogs.

[duckforcover]I'd better leave now.[/duckforcover]

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Dorosh, you are absolutely correct. I forgot to classify the different varieties of grogs, and lumped you in with the stat-grogs instead of the historical research-grogs.

[duckforcover]I'd better leave now.[/duckforcover]

You better - calling me a stat grog is likely to land you in a salmon net with a gutting knife sticking from where it was never supposed to be faster than you can haul a load of hairy crabs, you Mac using fishmonger.

Pvt. Ryan. Is the GeForce 4 the latest one? The reason I ask is I am due an upgrade so was trying to decide what it should be. Maybe the video card I'm thinking to help run CM2. I could get more and faster hard drive but don't know if that would be better than getting better video card. What think if you have an opinion? Oh I have a 32 viper card presently but only 20 - 5200 rpm hard drive. Hope I said all that correctly.

Tiger thanks for the review I wouldn't have saw it without someone pointing it out. I now have that site even tagged as a favorite. Hey, nice to see you're back man! What a review by our heroes. Blow me away!!!!!!! It sounds like one killer game coming up. Man, my hat is off to BTS for the type of game it's going to be. Those guys are BOSS!!!!