Biltongs Campaign Rules for CMBB - 41 South ready for action

Experience Calculation

Q Ok played first battle today without problems generating the QB etc however I am a bit confused as to how Experience and Replacements are calculated at end ?

On Core sheet units are shown as +2 for causing both casualties and KIAs but how do you know which is which in Cmbb ?

Quite right - not clear. Assumes knowledege of Wrecks Rules. Changed Core Sheet: Collumn L & M now headed as : Own Casualty and Enemy Casualty.

Also how are replacements calculated exactly ? as actual men or as Experience points ? I am confused (not hard to do) by how After Battle experience End Numbers are arrived at ?

Right - Expanded Note 5 to read:

Note 5 - Experience Gain

Your Core Force and Scrounged Units gain or loose experience as a whole from each battle.

Overall Experience Gain is Allied casualties x 20 divided by the Purchase Point Total (Parameter Sheet (34) Round down from < .5 and up from .5 E.g.: 2.52 becomes 3.

This Experience Gain gets added to each unit/squad/team/vehicle/armor etc ..including your Scrounged Units.. during the calculation of the After Battle Experience - See the top right of the Core Sheet.

Example: A 13 man squad starts out with +8 Experience Before Battle; During the battle they Panicked -4; had 6 Own Casualties 6 x +2 = +12; inflicted 2 Enemy Casualties 2 x +2 = +4; took out a Mortar +2 = +22 - Overall Experience Gain was, say +3 - So, Exp After Battle stands at +25....

BUT now they get 6 replacement that have 0 Experience.

Using the formula in Note 3: 7 men left x +25 experience + 6 replacements x 0 experience divided by 13 men = 13.46 Round down from less than .5 so After Replacement Exp for the squad = +13

Note that your men earn +2 experience points for each of their Own Casualties… You learn fast when your friends die by being careless.

Hope this clears this up

Biltong

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

It's late, I'm tired I read and re-read teh sheet and Word doc, and finally I think I figured it all ou thow it works. I start working myself through the rules. Finally done and want to start setting up to "Real battle QB" in CMBB....so far so good. As it is the first battle I follow the following sentence:

"You start with a Core Force of Green Motorized Inf Co (Pz) 343 points; Panzer 11C (43 points) Panzer 111G (78 (points); Panzer 1VE (105 points) = Total 569 (Purchase Points) and a Favor of zero."

The panzers no problem but where the heck can I find a Motorised Inf Co (green) for 343 pts?? The closest I can get to is 314 pts (green mechanised inf)..if I buy it as a whole company incl a Co HQ. If I buy them as seperate platoons I get even closer but still no cigar?? Mee doing something wrong or error in rule text??

gr

Screeny

Hahaha,very funny indeed, finally I think I have it all figured out. even the aux thingie..setting it all up...take a first look at the battlefield...mhhhwhere are my core panzers?? mhhh no where to be seen.....stress panic is my CMBB corrupt?? wait a minute...roll f the die: casulties first battle=20% (and that before the whole Barbarrosa disaster started)..Nice way to start the conquest of the biggest nation in the world....But ok I'll give it a try open terrain so my infantery has lots of open space so at least they can see the horizon and see the Rusky coming smile.gif . But now for the question: how do I handle the missing units at the after battle calculation?? MIA?? or just as "not been in action but available for next battle but no experience points??"

gr

Screeny

Originally posted by Scooby2003:

Would it help if I converted the rule sheet into PDF format? Not sure...might make it easier to host on a website?

What do others think?

Yes, please convert the rules sheet to PDF if you're able! [ When I try and translate the .xls spreadsheet to a mac format via a translation program the tables and columns are out of whack ].

[ November 17, 2002, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: UXcva ]

Originally posted by Screeny:

Hahaha,very funny indeed, finally I think I have it all figured out. even the aux thingie..setting it all up...take a first look at the battlefield...mhhhwhere are my core panzers?? mhhh no where to be seen.....stress panic is my CMBB corrupt?? wait a minute...roll f the die: casulties first battle=20% (and that before the whole Barbarrosa disaster started)..Nice way to start the conquest of the biggest nation in the world....But ok I'll give it a try open terrain so my infantery has lots of open space so at least they can see the horizon and see the Rusky coming smile.gif . But now for the question: how do I handle the missing units at the after battle calculation?? MIA?? or just as "not been in action but available for next battle but no experience points??"

gr

Screeny

No tanks at all?! - that doesn't sound right. You could've lost one maybe, but not all 3...

Men/armor etc missing are handled like normal casualties.

MIA/sickness/frostbite/lost/armor broken down etc etc (mostly gonorrhea)

They will get replaced the next time you have a normal replacement (56) and the random number will determine the replacement quality.

Thanx for the question - I'll clarify the rules accordingly

Biltong

PS sent files to all above

Will get to other post later - family get together t'day :rolleyes:

Right Screeny's question above...

Rule 10 - Casualties added:

Men/armor etc missing because of the Casualties parameter are handled like normal casualties.

MIA/sickness/frostbite/lost/armor broken down etc etc (mostly gonorrhea ;~))

They will get replaced the next time you have a normal replacement (56) and the random number there will determine the replacement quality.

Hope that does the trick

Biltong

Heya all,

this is really a challenge playing with this rules!!!!! Mhaaah how frustating yet how much I learn. First battle: open steppe/small hills, nowwhere to hide beside some "low ground". I must admit I'll "cheat" a little the first 2 or 3 battles as the terrains are all new to me, I never played them before (mostly played the usuall CMBO QB ME 1500 against human). So I will play the first 2 or 3 battles a couple of times untill I think the losses are acceptable (lost 40% of my men in the 2 first rounds of my first battle thx to a Rusky Arty barrage .....). So yes it is a big change in tactical- and strategic thinking, plannng and operating, yet still really very cool, exciting and challenging!!!

Thx again mate!!!

gr

Screeny