Patch for CM2

Sounds like you need to find yourself a copy of Duke Nukem!

Me, I don't just want to see every platoon member, where's the representations of traffic police, office staff, supply personnel, the cooks? I want a 3-D representation of latrines and medical aid stations... oh, and by the way, I want it all to run on my 300mhz G3 mac.

;)

I <big>really</big> want a ferrari and a beachhouse. Can I get a patch for that?

BTS, pleez fix or sum dofink!

Oh, and some more beer. And cheese. More cheese would be good. Can never have enough cheese.

Edit: added 'really'

Edit2: italicised 'really'

Edit3: bolded 'really'

Edit4: made 'really' big (it's a work in progress. Think of it as performance art. You guys should be paying me for this)

Edit5: forgot a closing bracket.

[ November 06, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

I will be this civil one this time (I think it is my turn).

CM games are not about gore and blood. They are not here to sensationalize violence and gore for gores sake. At the level at which CM games take place blood is not really a factor and its inclusion would be purely "wallpaper" and somewhat disrespectful.

As far as all the members of a squad shown, well actually personally I am against this, the scale does not work right. But others agree with you. We will see in the engine re-write.

The concept is superficially enticing to the new CM player. I remember thinking the same thing years ago, however...

Can you really imagine 9-12 of those chunky figures crammed into a 20x20m square, moving along in rough formation? It would look ridiculous and wouldn't add anything to game play. Also how would you cram all the gun and team crews into those small spaces. The soldier models are just too stiff and clunky for that. The current soldier models are suitable for use only as symbolic placemarkers. Really cool placemarkers, but still only that.

As far as the bodies, i'm not even going to go there...

Now if they can one day model seperate AI for each man, a wide range of animations, and independently tracked movement and poses, it might get interesting. But the members of a squad are often going to spread out over much larger areas than mere 20x20m squares depending on the situation (buildings vs open), so you would have to model that somehow. Probably with a true vector-based map (no tiles). I think I'm up to CM5+ already so I'll quit now...

On the plus side you can see progress is being made even between cmbo and bb. soldier counters are no longer locked into that familiar 'formation' of cmbo squads. They now change positions relative to each other. So they ARE working on it.

[ November 06, 2002, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Renaud ]

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

I demand that patch. However, when you leave the dead men on the map, don't have them lying next to each other in case people think they are gay.

Like so:

What.jpg

At least leave a seat between them.

[ November 06, 2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

I have eth cheese already - please don't waste time on putting cheese into the patch 'cos I think we shouldn't have to wait for the Ferrari's & beach houses 1 second longer!!