CMMOS v3.02.001 Previews (muchos pics!)

Part 1 of 4:

Ok, the release of CMMOS v3.02.001 is just around the corner, so I thought I'd let y'all know what's in store for you. We've got an update to the basic program (for bug fixes) and updated Allied, German and Terrain RuleSets to encompass all the new stuff you'll see and read about below. So, let's get right to it.

Allied vehicles:

We've got Andrew Fox's Cromwell mod for CMMOS in 11th Armoured Division, Guards Armoured Division (camouflaged) and Polish versions.

cromwell3.jpg

cromwell.jpg

cromwell2.jpg

To overwatch them, we've got my Challenger (based on Andrew's Cromwell) in 11th Armoured Divsion and Guards Armoured Division (camouflaged) versions.

ChallengerPreview.jpg

We've also got Marco Bergman's M10/Wolverine, M36/Jackson "full-monty" pack (sorry no previews yet, but if you stop by MODs & MODers there's lot's of previews of these and additional images of many of these mods).

We've also got winter versions of the Cromwell, Challenger and Comet (there's not a summer CMMOS version of Andrew's Comet since only 11th Armoured Division deployed Comets).

Winter_Cromwell_Preview.jpg

Winter_Challenger_Preview.jpg

Winter_Comet_Preview.jpg

[ June 28, 2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2 of 4:

For Terrain we've got a bunch of new Ed Kinney mods, including a second wall, 2 types of grass, hedge, brush and tree bases, as well as a fix to remove some "pinkies" from DD's scattered tree bases.

Winter Wonderland is also updated with new pine trees for the Abominable Snow Mod, a new road option for Tom's Battle of the Bulge mod, and the ability to flip snow-cover from "more snow in the valleys" to "more snow on the hill tops" (way cool!).

We've got additions to the German Uniforms with a second, more brownish wool Heer uniform by Fernando J. Carrera Buil. Fernando's Heer brown feldgrau is an update to the already released Heer green feldgrau uniform. This uniform has more of a brownish tinge to it common of late war feldgrau uniforms. This mod is identical to the green feldgrau uniform with the same options except it is a shade darker and would be more common of the uniforms present in the CM:BO time frame (for the uniform grogs amongst us). Here's a look at his original mod:

Fernando_Heer_Green.jpg

and here's a preview of the new mod:

Fernando_Heer_Brown.jpg

mchlstrt's Volkssturm uniform is based on the BTS original and some bits-and-pieces of some other mod artists (mainly the gear). This mod attempts to have more of a "pick-up-team" look to the Volkssturm uniforms and make them look less like solidiers and more like the civilians they were (which it does a good job of). Included are optional armbands for the BTS original yellow or the red armband used with Andrew Fox's Volkssturm mod. This mod also is also compatible with several different face mods for color and hue (subdued face mods).

mchlstrt_Volkssturm_yellow.jpg

mchlstrt_Volkssturm_red.jpg

And last, but not least, we've got tons of heavy German metal mods. First, just about every significant Pz VIE mod that could be tracked down by Pud. You may recognize some of these.

Graal.jpg

greytiger.jpg

tiger_m_killrings_preview.jpg

Plus many others that I don't have previews for.

Part 4 of 4:

And finally, last but not least (certainly not in my opinion :D ). King Tigers. Mono-color (with and without Zimmerit and my usual plethora of options).

TigerIIPreview.jpg

An update of my original (low-res) s.Pz.Abt 503 mod (one of my very first ever mods), with both an original color scheme

sPzAbt503TigerIIv1Preview.jpg

and a more historically accurate color scheme (based on information I've acquired since my original version was released).

sPzAbt503TigerIIv2Preview.jpg

And of course, winter versions of these (plus whitewashed):

SnowCoveredMonoColorTigerIIPreview.jpg

sPzAbt503TigerIIv1WinterPreview.jpg

sPzAbt503TigerIIv2WinterPreview.jpg

WhitewashedTigerIIPreview.jpg

Whew!

We're just wrapping up the release now and should have it to Madmatt for posting very soon.

Gordon (on behalf of the CMMOS Cabal)

Gordon, gorgeous. I thank you, thank you, for the snowed on effect. You know I'm a sucker for those.

Exceptional work. Looking mighty forward in downloading and installing these wonderful mods, post haste.

Does anybody notice how the snow cover has the same 3D effect like George-III's static lighting? Other than that all the mods are uniformly shaded! I hope that this will change some time, because it is boring and physically wrong!

The FlaKs look particularly good, by the way!

Regards,

Thomm

Gordon, first let me say that I am extremely grateful that you decided to put this .001 out instead of going racing. ;) Now as far as these mods. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express enough or too often how lucky we are to have modders like you guys. I mean you guys are simply awesome. That Cromwell by Andrew is just plain breath taking. That's the prettest damm tank I've ever seen. I mean it is perfect - period! Just look at it the coloring it is just perfect. I just want to look at it over and over. And Gordon you certainly outdid yourself on those King Tigers. They are just outstanding!!! Man, I am all excided just looking at them. That plain tan one is, well - just fantastic - with a capital F !!! The detail is more realistic then a real one. And the way it's shaded just blows my mind. I am truely amazed and awed at them. God guys. You are just plain awesome. Thanks ever so much for all you hard work and what you have done for this game. Truely outstanding! Damm! guys you are good. Thanks a million and I mean it - a Million! Sorry to keep going on like this but this is so exciting to me I can't help it. Well, I could go on and on but I better stop at least for now. I got to go look at these mods again. Man o man!

Originally posted by Gordon:

An update of my original (low-res) s.Pz.Abt 503 mod (one of my very first ever mods

Way cool, Gordon! One of my all time favorites, and one of the best looking low-res mods ever! Thanks!

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gordon:

An update of my original (low-res) s.Pz.Abt 503 mod (one of my very first ever mods

Way cool, Gordon! One of my all time favorites, and one of the best looking low-res mods ever! Thanks!</font>

Pvt. Ryan:

Thanks, but I think they've got it covered.

ryddle:

If you've only been playing around with grass mods, you've got a whole world worth of mods (both CMMOS and non-CMMOS) to catch up on.

Rollstoy:

Sorry, but I'm just not in the "George-III static lighting" camp. I attempt to make all of my mods realistically but subtly shaded so that the 3-D effect is enhanced but they still blend with the rest of the game's graphics. All of my mods come with blanket permissions for anyone to further mod them as long as they properly attribute myself and any other authors who have contributed to the mod, so maybe somebody will create versions that better suit your tastes.

lcm1947: You're welcome.

AndrewTF: Glad you like the results.

Manx: Good to hear you're still around.

sitzkrieg: So get those Allied Uniforms done already!

Feel free to sprinkle the above with smile.gif:D;) :cool: , to taste and serve warm.

Gordon