DEDICATED CMBB MOD FORUM??

I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea for BFC to start up a standalone "CMBB Mod Forum", with initial "base threads" created to cover all conceivable mod types eg: CMBB GENERAL MODS {to cover terrain, grass, trees, fortifications, roads etc} CMBB RUSSIAN MODS {all Russian weapons etc} CMBB AXIS MODS {all Axis weapons etc}, and OTHER CMBB MODS {for anything not covered by the above categories}.

The CMBB mod phenomenon is going to be simply HUGE with this great new game, given the big increase in units AND also the sheer numbers of newbies wanting to join in the fun!! :D

At least with a dedicated forum, all the discussion and ideas for mods could then be found grouped under one easy to find location. At the incredible rate of posts coming into the CMBB General Forum, I am seeing new mods getting buried within a few hours!

What do you think?

AussieJeff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see this. I think many if not most folks here would love to see this, but unfortunately, I bet it doesn't happen.

Adding a "Mod Forum" almost encourages people that have purchased the game to either create or install modifications to the game that aren't neccessarily endorsed by the company. Silly thing yes, and maybe BTS doesn't care, heck even supports it. And if so, maybe they will open up a mod forum?

The other reason that they may not though is because of the simple "if we now make a mod forum, we'll have to make a forum for every other major topic in the general discussion area". Or something like that.

I should of just kept this short and said "yes, I would love to see this". :rolleyes:

Well, put me down as all for it. To be honest I don't see any downside but certainly see plenty of upside to such a forum.

Plus, it encourages people who simply love the game to maintain their interest through modding, knowing that their precious creation hopefully wont be buried in a sea of posts before seeing the light of day to the general community.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Bump- agreed, a Mod Forum would be very helpful. Maybe with a "sticky" thread that is an Index of "all" mod sites?

Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking of Silvio. I'm into all sorts of PC sims and have seen plenty of other forums where mod threads are separate from the general forum and have "sticky" topics to make it easier to find important links at a glance.

Almost everyday, some one comes into the general forum and starts a new topic like "Where can I find the mods?" or "Does anyone know what mods there are?" etc, etc, etc..

How many more of these "I'm lost and can't find the mods" threads are gonna be started over the coming 12 months by the 1,000's of newbies still getting this game?? :rolleyes:

AJ

[ October 11, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Yup, I like the idea of a mod forum, too.

Recently it has become quite busy on the CMBB board, often new threads are being pushed back to page 2 or 3 within a few hours.

And with many europeans just starting to get the game I think it will get even more difficult.

Hell, one day even the Canadians will get their copies! :D

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Yup, I like the idea of a mod forum, too.

Recently it has become quite busy on the CMBB board, often new threads are being pushed back to page 2 or 3 within a few hours.

And with many europeans just starting to get the game I think it will get even more difficult.

Hell, one day even the Canadians will get their copies! :D

Uh-oh! The Canucks are coming! The Canucks are coming!! :D

AJ

Originally posted by gunnersman:

This one was done before, but I still say that we turn the CMBO forum into the Mod forum. I know I dont go there anymore. :D

If it's a problem for BFC to make a "new" forum, (doesn't seem possible, but just "if"), then, seriously, do we really need a separate Scenario-Forum? There are few people there, and I honestly don't understand why we can't talk about Golzow or whatever here...?

Eden

Originally posted by gunnersman:

This one was done before, but I still say that we turn the CMBO forum into the Mod forum. I know I dont go there anymore. :D

Wow! What a great idea. Same here about CMBO. It's even off of my HD. Yet, I'm sure that some still go there. How would they feel if the CMBO forum got hijacked?

Even still, a MOD Forum is a great idea.

Originally posted by Epée:

I haven't heard of anyone against the idea.

Madmatt, please give us a yes or no.

It need not be exclusively CMBB, it could be a 'CM' mod forum.

Christian

I agree with Epee ..... Lets have a Mod forum ... but lets have it for BO & BB.

BFC - do we get the forum ?

Lou2000

Originally posted by Lou2000:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Epée:

I haven't heard of anyone against the idea.

Madmatt, please give us a yes or no.

It need not be exclusively CMBB, it could be a 'CM' mod forum.

Christian

I agree with Epee ..... Lets have a Mod forum ... but lets have it for BO & BB.

BFC - do we get the forum ?

Lou2000</font>