***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I think Tourney I, Section Three may be the roughest section of all. The "underdogs", based on prior performance, would be Tero and White4. Also, based on prior performance, these two I would consider strong players. It's definitely a tough section to be stuck in.

Treeburst155 out.

Nah, I'm a pushover.To my opponents, there's no need to scout, just roll on up, it will be a quick victory, really!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by White4:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I think Tourney I, Section Three may be the roughest section of all. The "underdogs", based on prior performance, would be Tero and White4. Also, based on prior performance, these two I would consider strong players. It's definitely a tough section to be stuck in.

Treeburst155 out.

Nah, I'm a pushover.To my opponents, there's no need to scout, just roll on up, it will be a quick victory, really!</font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by White4:

Nah, I'm a pushover.To my opponents, there's no need to scout, just roll on up, it will be a quick victory, really![/qb]

He's being honest. I just played him.

</font>

Visom,

You will be getting the game files and/or briefings throughout the seven day period following the day I receive the scenarios from Boots & Tracks.

To all,

VACATIONS and BUSINESS TRIPS

Now that we have the sections established, it would be nice to find out if there are going to be any major vacation/business conflicts between any pair of players that results in several weeks of inactivity. If there are some severe conflicts I will do some section switching. I should have addressed this issue immediately after I posted the sections, but I forgot. :(

If you know you won't be able to send turns for ten consecutive days or more, anytime between June 15 and October 1, please email me. Just give me your forum username and the time period you will be gone.

It would be better if you didn't post the dates here. Email is easier for me to work with than forum threads. Also, by keeping the info off this thread, the possibility of any "hanky panky" to manipulate one's section placement is removed. smile.gif

Only severe conflicts of several weeks or more will result in section reassignment.

BACKUP PLAYERS

Here is the list of backup players in the order they will be called to the front if needed.

1) Nemo

2) Beckman

3) Yankee Dog

4) Diceman

Backup players should know that they may have to take up games already in progress. Both players must agree before a game can be restarted. Also, backup players should not feel obligated to accept a transfer to the front. You will not get on my blacklist for declining an opportunity. The list simply represents the first people that will be given an opportunity to participate should we lose somebody.

Backup players who are called up, accept the offer, and finish the tourney, will become Rumblings Of War tourney vets in good standing even if they only play the last few turns of the games. This status simply means you will have priority over newbies for all future tournaments.

NOTE: I will never be able to handle more than 72 players. I may very well have more than 72 vets in good standing at the conclusion of this tourney. Therefore, entrance into the upcoming CMBB tourney is not guaranteed, even for vets. However, future tourneys will not be open to newbies until vets have had a chance to sign up if they wish.

It won't be long now. The invasion of Normandy is imminent. The Boots & Tracks guys are hard at work designing your little piece of the war, your own private hell. Can you emerge victorious?

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst, Winecape and gang,

John Kettler might not be able to participate in the upcoming ROW II tourney. I received an e-mail from him, via a friend, informing me that his computer has bought the farm, and that he is on the lookout for a new rig. This isnā€™t a definite withdrawal, just a heads up that you might want to get someone warming up in the bullpen. Iā€™ll keep you informed as soon as anymore info comes my way.

Treeburst, if I may ask a favor here, can you cut the rocket man a little slack and allow him a delayed start? He is a tourney vet of good standing, with both the invitational and ROW I under his belt.

Let me know what you think.

Section Four

1) The Capt

2) Juha Ahoniemi

3) von Lucke

4) Wreck

5) Mattias

6) JonS

This would be the Group of Death. I am sure most of you in this group are aware of what you are in store for. If not, have fun. I look forward to reading about the rematch of the Row I finals between The_Capt and Wreck.

Kingfish,

Tell John "Katyusha" Kettler that he will not be relieved of command unless and until, in his best judgment, he feels he should step down to prevent holding up the tourney. As a guideline I would say he should have his command post fully operational not later than June 20 so he can keep up.

Treeburst155 out.

Due to Real Life we have lost Pilgrim from Tourney III, Section Three. He has been replaced by Nemo, the first on my backup list.

Good luck to you, Pilgrim; and welcome aboard, Nemo!

It appears the invasion of Normandy has been postponed due to bad weather over the Channel. The rock solid, official invasion date will be June 6, 1944. smile.gif

On this date you will begin receiving briefings and game files(if Germans). You will get your contact list and schedule of games within the next few days.

Treeburst155.

Mattias (Tourney I, Section Four) has had to withdraw due to real life. He has been replaced with the next officer on the waiting list, Beckman.

Good luck with your new situation, Mattias. Have a great summer!

Welcome to the tourney, Beckman!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

LAUNCHING THE TOURNEY

If you are playing the German side you will also receive a secured saved game file in addition to the two briefings and password. By 'secured' I mean that the briefings have been stripped out, the game begun, and the passwords entered.

By "stripped out", do you mean no briefing at all whatsoever? I ask because I would imagine there would be a briefing. And what is significant about a .cmb file as opposed to a .txt file. I understand .txt means text but what is .cmb?

[ June 01, 2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: gunnersman ]

A cmb file goes in your ā€œsaved gameā€ (or scenario) folder and the txt file would go in your PBEM folder.

(what cmb stands for exactly Iā€™m not sure but cmb are scenarioā€™s and cmc are operations)

If youā€™re the Germans, Treeburst will probably start the game choosing the Axis side and entering the password that you are to use and then save the game sending the saved game cmb file to you. (This way you couldnā€™t inadvertently ;) choose the Allies see what they have, close the game, restart, and choose the Axis.)

Youā€™ll open the saved game choosing the PBEM option do your setup, press go, and mail the txt file to the Allies.

Iā€™m sure in the email you receive there will be both the general briefing (if there is one)and the Axis briefing either attached to or in the body of the message.

[ June 01, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Ricochet ]

I understand the above.

However, what is the protection from the German player, having that protected file, completing his turn and then mailing the file to the Allied player. All he has to do is open the file on his PC himself and get the Allied briefing. I hope there is a solution to that. Not that anyone would do that smile.gif

Beckman,

The briefings will be mailed to players separately, outside the scenario file (.cmb). The .cmb file the German player gets to start the game will contain no briefings at all. The .cmb file will be a saved game. Nothing can be done with it by anyone, unless they possess the German password. Even with the password, all the German player can do is start the game at the German setup phase. He can go no further because the saved file will ask him for the proper Allied password, which he will not have. Only a hacker type could cheat.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Enoch:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Section Four

1) The Capt

2) Juha Ahoniemi

3) von Lucke

4) Wreck

5) Beckman neƩ Mattias

6) JonS

This would be the Group of Death.</font>