Grognards

Oh my god...have I ever seen such a pathetic group of people in my entire life? Well, considering that I haven't actually looked very hard i'll have to say yes. "Comeon, fellows!" you scream "let us go to an axis and allies messageboard and argue about the innaccuracies of said game!" And thus do you take up your arms (keyboards) and go to harass the fun loving, ever so happy devs of any particular game that doesn't perfectly model a 24mm shell hitting a Tiger going 36 miles an hour in a slight wind sheer to the south while the sun is setting. "OH!" you wail, "SUCH LAZINESS SHALL NOT BE TOLERATED!" and there is much gnashing of teeth and angry words typed. And thus hell for your average game dev is realised when the grognards came to town.

Seriously people, there are other hobbies out there. There are living, breathing things in the world...with boobs no less. You might accuse me of being a 14 year old kid with alot of anger issues and...well..you'd be right, dad beats me nightly, but still. At least its an excuse for me to get out of the house. You, unfortunately, cannot say the same thing. I pity you.

-Zart

Originally posted by Fart:

Oh my god...

[ *snip* blablabla *snip*]

-Fart

*yawn* I've seen hamsters with more wit than you.

Actually I think most hamsters would be deeply offended if I'd compare them with you.

But then, maybe you're just looking for friends. You're tired of sitting in that dark room with no friends around you, all the girls laughing about you and the big guys always beating you up. In the long, cold nights you look out of the window, hoping someone would finally notice you.

So, you post here.

At least here someone will notice you.

*sniff what a sad, sad story...

:(

Ah, and hi mom!

Zart,

So are you complaining that there are game players who know and care more than you do about history and reality? Some of us have been wargaming in this genre for two to three times your age.

We care about the things you attempt to make fun of because some of our fathers and grand fathers have experienced them. They are reality, they are true. We want things to be accurate.

We want to be sure that when we win it is due to our superior intelligence and not to a twitchy finger.

Your complaints show ignorance. Not your fault. But the flaunting of it is your fault.

May I suggest you inform yourself. First view some movies to increase motivation. Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers come to mind. Other writers will have more suggestions just ask someone on the Forum.

Then read some good books on WWII. Others can again give you tips if you ask.

The percieved "pickyness" of some writers is intended inform and to increase the reality and hence the enjoyment of the game.

Best Wishes...... Toad

What you guy's expect this kid to actually sit down and read a book?Come on,that's expecting to much of today's active and energetic youth{considering that close to 50% of kid's are considered obese and some parent's are considering gastric bypasses for them this statement was meant to be a joke}.To think that they should actually sit down and learn something from the written word is preposterous,reading just is'nt fun,look at the popularity of such program's as "Hooked on Phonic's"designed to make reading "fun".I learned to read in a catholic school in the sixties and it definatly was'nt "fun"those nun's could be downright nasty.The prepubesent statement about "boob's"gives away the writer's secret lusting for Laura Croft's pointed "boob's"in Tomb Raider

Zart -

It's spelled "wind shear". smile.gif

Remember, you can't spell "grognards" without grog, dong, and nads, but not at the same time.

Also:

Seriously people, there are other hobbies out there. There are living, breathing things in the world...with boobs no less. You might accuse me of being a 14 year old kid with alot of anger issues and...well..you'd be right, dad beats me nightly, but still. At least its an excuse for me to get out of the house. You, unfortunately, cannot say the same thing. I pity you.
Your dad beats you with aggression, while playing CM, or - considering the mention of boobs - with the help of some Astroglide? smile.gif

(Mmmmmmm, Astroglide....)

Now, the rest of you -

He has a point, you know. smile.gif besides, you punters don't hold a candle to the WarBirds accuracy police. smile.gif

Well, I couldn't resist reading the profile of the person in question here ("Zart") - "Occupation: Housewife"

If true, that would explain the anger directed at this board... smile.gif

Also, "Birth Date - April 01, 1979". This would make you 23 not 14. The date (April 01) would seem to indicate that somebody is having a laugh here. This is also the first post by this person.

It looks like the moral of the story is "don't feed the Trolls"... lol

Update: I searched the net for this person, using their mail address, which seems genuine ("Greymatt@chartertn.net").

Here's the profile for this person, which I found on a "Ghost Recon" site.

---------------------

Renzatic 000-000-549

United States

Email: Greymatt@chartertn.net

Specialty: Sniper

Homepage

“I be one silent assassin”

----------------------------

'Nuff said... ;) lol

Originally posted by Patrick Moore:

Yup,sounds like teenage angst! lol

With an attitude like that Zart, please do everyone a favor and stay out and away from computers more often. Thanks!

But if you are sincere and have serious questions about CM by all means post them on the board!

Are you saying that there aren't any teen grogs lol. tongue.gif I am no grog but just semi, and too boot, 17 at that.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patrick Moore:

Yup,sounds like teenage angst! lol

With an attitude like that Zart, please do everyone a favor and stay out and away from computers more often. Thanks!

But if you are sincere and have serious questions about CM by all means post them on the board!

Are you saying that there aren't any teen grogs lol. tongue.gif I am no grog but just semi, and too boot, 17 at that.</font>