Check Out the Computer Games Ad!

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

Surprising nobody mentioned that since the ad also features small items for TacOps, SC, and AA, the little "Download Demos" (Notice the plural) most likely is referring to those games. Sorry to throw in a big downer here. :(

{sniff sniff} No, no problem here {SOB} . . .

Steve

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please put the person responcible for thinking that the "R" and the "N" backwards looks more Russian in front of a fookin' firing squad?

The "backwards R" makes for a "Ya" sound in Russian. The "backwards N" sounds like an "E". So now the game is called

"Combat Mission: Bayabayosa to Beyale"

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Commissar:

Can someone please put the person responcible for thinking that the "R" and the "N" backwards looks more Russian in front of a fookin' firing squad?

Has someone undergone a PC cultural sensitivity training lately? ;) Awh, the selective backwards letters looks heavy metal. Very much heavy metal. Now I expect that CMBB will play 'Run to the hills' every time someone is forced to auto-surrender.

But what I do not like is how they have capitalized 'HOT' in the ad. Kinda smells like attention grabbing advertisement that underestimates the prospective buyer. I think that the game will sell good based on its merits, it does not need used-car sales tricks.

But I gotta say that I liked the ad.

*begins to sing 'Run to the hills'*

:D

M

Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

But what I do not like is how they have capitalized 'HOT' in the ad. Kinda smells like attention grabbing advertisement that underestimates the prospective buyer.

I think what you really object too is that the adjective 'hot' does not modify the plural noun 'teens'.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I think what you really object too is that the adjective 'hot' does not modify the plural noun 'teens'.

What is that psycho-analytical term that I am thinking of? Projection? Could that be the one? Yep. Projection it is.

Here the whole bunch of us are climbing the walls in anticipation for CMBB, and you begin to worry about grammar. Does the adjective 'old' modify the singular 'fart'?

;)

M

Originally posted by The Commissar:

The "backwards R" makes for a "Ya" sound in Russian. The "backwards N" sounds like an "E". So now the game is called

"Combat Mission: Bayabayosa to Beyale"

:rolleyes:

first priority get my hands on CMBB ASAP!

Second Priority get rid of the backwards "R" or use some elses Moded CD cover art which will immediately appear following the sale and release of CMBB

The backwards "R" is certianly "questionable" IMHO but what the heck I hope BFC has better things to do than fix questionable cover design issues in their print ad campaign.

Instead of bitching we should all be saluting the fact that they ACTUALLY have a print ad campaign (they are VERY expensive to run) and congradulating them for its timely release in the June issue, (think about it!) I would hope another full page print ad would follow in the July issue.

How about this:

"GREAT work BFC, on the print campaign!

Keep up the solid effort!"

A+ for effort and timing and execution in Advertising and meeting the deadline! (the Deadline for that full page ad in the June issue was likely 60-90 days ago !)

C+ however for Graphic Design and composition on the Print Ad

-tom w

(P.S. sorry .... What can I say? I teach Graphic and New Media Design students at a community college.)

I think we've found them. The great "Bald Hiding" MadMatt. No respond from him or other BTS crew. Why? Because we will see CMBB very soon.... smile.gif

If you remeber, each topic which was based on fictitious claim from us, they responded quickly to deny it. But not now! So logically...

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

But what I do not like is how they have capitalized 'HOT' in the ad. Kinda smells like attention grabbing advertisement that underestimates the prospective buyer.

I think what you really object too is that the adjective 'hot' does not modify the plural noun 'teens'.</font>

Originally posted by Porajkl:

I think we've found them. The great "Bald Hiding" MadMatt. No respond from him or other BTS crew. Why? Because we will see CMBB very soon.... smile.gif

If you remeber, each topic which was based on fictitious claim from us, they responded quickly to deny it. But not now! So logically...

I agree. Why would a small company like Battlefront.com do a full page ad buy unless they were relatively certain that they would be ready to release the game on or shortly after the ad was printed?

Steve

"(P.S. sorry .... What can I say? I teach Graphic and New Media Design students at a community college.)"

Tom, give your students three days to do it from beginning to end whilst montioring a forum, answering dozens of emails and texturing a few hundred vehicles and see how they go ;)

As for A release date guys we cant give anything out there just yet. I am pretty sure Martin confirmed elsewhere on the forum that 'this year' would be a safe bet though smile.gif

Dan

(is that better guys smile.gif )

[ June 04, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

[QB

As for the release date guys we cant give anything out there just yet.

Dan[/QB]

Did you see that? He said they couldn't give any info "just" yet. This is the first time I've seen the use of "just yet". In the vernacular does that not imply imminency? I mean, if he had said "we can't give anything out there yet" then I would be thinking later rather than sooner, but since he said "just yet"...

Grasping at straws here in the heartland...