New mod: concrete and wooden bunkers

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed,

I was using Pud's wooden bunker and your CMBO concrete bunker, but those are just, WOW. Juju told me you had some in the works. Snow those babys up and I'll tank one order of each please. :D

The sandbags look great. You should do a trench mod and release it with the bunkers!

[ September 30, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Just a remark : aren't the wooden ones too "greyish" for wood planks ? I don't know, perhaps they were just painted grey usually... :confused:

Wood exposed to the elements, especially untreated wood, generally quickly weathers to a greyish tint.

-dale

Speaking of bunkers, are they harder to spot now than they were in CMBO? Haven't tried em yet.

They were so easy to spot in CMBO that I couldn't find a use for em really, except in completely hidden positions with keyhole fields of fire.

I've always considered CM 'bunkers' to be pillboxes rather than true 'bunkers'. A bunker is typically mostly below ground and built into a house, ridge or hill such that it can barely be distinguished from the surrounding terrain, even if you are standing right next to or on top of it. Maybe someday CM will get concealed underground bunkers which squads/teams can enter/exit (in much the same way as they currently mount vehicles). I was hoping for that in CMBO, but seeing the final product I know they already had their hands full.

Ren

[ September 30, 2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Renaud ]

Speaking of bunkers, are they harder to spot now than they were in CMBO? Haven't tried em yet
I'm not sure but I just played a QB with a 75mm bunker. It engaged 9 T-34s/Su-76's throughout the battle at ranges of between 700-1100m and destroyed 7 of them - damaging the other 2. Brutally effective.

At no time did I see the enemy return fire but that may be down to other reasons than the bunker being generally harder to spot. Perhaps they may not think it's worth their while trying to hit the vision slit at that range, or they may not have seen it because they were low quality greens and conscripts.