you know you've been playing too much CMBB when...

When, after crawling into bed after 6 straight hours of playing and with visions of putting some molten TNT to your loving girlfriend, you stealthily slip a hand over that way and she says,

"Fuggedaboutit. I'm hull-down."

this is true:

- when there is a company-wide town hall meeting, and i am responding to this forum secretly behind the cubicle.

- when i wake up 6 hours after the last game the previous nite and doing a review of the games and what lessons can be learnt from them. (eg. KV-1 is deadly).

- when my son takes an interest in tanks because of my incessant playing of cmbb.

laxx

…when you wake up at 3:00 AM and keep replaying the last few turns of your most recent PBEM in your head – I should have used “advance” with that platoon…damn tank bogging in the scattered trees…if only I had plotted that 150mm barrage one turn sooner – HELP I CAN’T FALL BACK ASLEEP!!!!!!

When you find yourself wasting hours of your work day reading the BFC forums for hours as a substitute for playing because:

1) Your work comp won't run EITHER CMBO or CMBB.

or

2) You can't think of any projects that you can "work on" at home.

or

3) You can't think of any tasks that can reasonably explain your absence for the rest of the afternoon.

When you watch war movies, (the one that brought this to mind was Stalingrad), and you try to figure out the status of the squad onscreen, OK, cautious, panic, routed, etc.

Incidentally, if you watch this movie closely you can see that sneaking does in fact look *very* tiring, as does advancing, assaulting, etc., especially with bullets twanging 3 inches from your ear and you shootin' your buddy who you thought was a Russky jus' come around the corner.

Re-watching this movie really made me appreciate the realism in CMBB, down to the detail that went into the uniforms of the sojers.