RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part V)

Evening all...

I hope the games are going well. I have just about done with all mine....

H

Ok before the Cpt explodes... Yep I have finally sent you a turn....

:D

As for Ratty I await the experiment to begin, when are you going to attack me? I am sat here waiting....

tongue.gif

H

Nabla System News:

Nabla has requested the scoring program input files for all the scenarios ever scored with the Nabla scoring system. This amounts to 17 scenarios. He's going to come up with some statistics he thinks I will find useful for determining the shape/flatness of the scoring curve for the new program. IOW, I don't think he likes my first proposal. smile.gif

He never tells me what he thinks the curve should be because there is no right and wrong with it. He just points out things I should consider. He's great to work with. Have I mentioned he has a PhD in Computer Science & Engineering? Combine that with my 11th grade math, and we're quite a team. He couldn't do it without me. :D

As the scenario database grows with each tourney, the curve may be tweaked from time to time. The more scenario fingerprints we have to look at, the better. The scoring system will just get better and better over time.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ October 14, 2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

TB,

Just a quick question, do we have to write AAR's for points in the finals?

I have read the first post and it does not make it explicit if we do have to.

Also as I know you are busy can my current opponents send me your AAR's for your previous games. You have not posted them and while I have posted mine I feel the need to read yours...

Cheers

H

Hi H!

That sounds fair.

I will post you my AAR's as soon as I get home from work. Though I only wrote 2 (I'm lazy), but I can give a briefing on others too.

Capt and Lopaka, do you want this mail too?

- Ali

ps. I attack nice and defend poorly :D

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Yes, Holien raises an interesting point. Is there a link or site where all the AAR's have been posted? I would certainly love to read other players views on the various scenario's and how they tackled the challenges they presented.

Regards

Jim R.

______

Jim, check out the ROW 2 AAR thread in the 'Scenario Talk' forum... I will post my five AAR's there as soon as I return from hols late this month.. there are a number of AAR's submitted to that thread already.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other finalists in my section on the field of combat..and apologies for my ill-timed overseas trip. Not only am I going through CMBO withdrawal but I can't sample the pleasures of CMBB.. assuming that it has arrived in my absence.

Mick

Mike8g,

Send your TabPub files to me. I will forward them to him.

On AARs for the Finals round, there will be no extra points awarded. This does not mean Boots & Tracks does not want AARs. It means that I would prefer the prize winners be determined by score alone, once in the Finals.

AARs would be VERY much appreciated. In fact, I told B&T leader, Scott Boston, that I would start giving points for AARs in the Finals of future tourneys if we don't get much feedback on these three scenarios. So, give us an AAR or a scenario review, please. There is no such thing as too much feedback. It's a great way to say "thanks" to Boots & Tracks.

Fight On!

Treeburst155 out.

[ October 16, 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by Mick_Oz:

Jim, check out the ROW 2 AAR thread in the 'Scenario Talk' forum... I will post my five AAR's there as soon as I return from hols late this month.. there are a number of AAR's submitted to that thread already.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other finalists in my section on the field of combat..and apologies for my ill-timed overseas trip. Not only am I going through CMBO withdrawal but I can't sample the pleasures of CMBB.. assuming that it has arrived in my absence.

Mick

Thanks for the tip Mick.

I look forward to our little stoush on your return but don't worry, your setup file is not sitting in your in-tray at home as I had been told you would be away until around the 23rd. Instead I'm concentrating on my battles with Spanish Bombs & Combined Arms where we are testing out each others force placement and utilisation of said forces to try and find a weakness.

Regards

Jim R.