Three King Tigers in winter (mod preview) UPDATED

Since I haven't been heard around these parts for a while, I thought I'd give a quick preview of something I've been working on as time permits. Three Tiger IIs as deployed by Schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 501 for the Ardennes offensive.

First, Tiger "003", of the Stabskompanie (staff company), which was immobilized near Stavelot and set on fire by its crew before they withdrew.

TigerII_003_Preview.jpg

Second, Tiger "204" which was found intact near La Gleize by the Americans.

TigerII_204_Preview.jpg

And finally, Tiger "332" which was captured by the Americans and now resides at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland, USA.

TigerII_332_Preview.jpg

A companion mod with snow covering the vehicles will also be released but I don't have any preview shots yet.

Coming soon to a CMMOS mega-release.

Gordon

[ August 08, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

oh my God...

Tiger had already a go at it, but these look outstanding...must have

Here is a pic of the captured KT 204 at La Gleize. The Americans had a test drive with it, but it broke down a few hundred yards down the road..

caLaGleize29.JPG

[ August 07, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

:eek: :eek: :eek: OUTSTANDING GORDON !!!!

THIS is the KT I was always looking for ( and unlike the original LaGleize KT it has the correct Muzzlebreak :D )

Cheers

Tom

BTW: I hope all of you mod giants won´t stop to produce such CMBO beauties AFTER 20th of September...we are still missing the German truck , the Humber and several pieces of Artillery in " Molek , Bergmann , Fox , ( insert your favorite modder here ) quality.

[ August 07, 2002, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]

Tiger had already a go at it, but these look outstanding...must have
Had a go?! Had a go?! tongue.gif

oldkingtiger2.jpg

oldkingtiger.jpg

BAH! ;)

Seriously, those look absolutely the best Gordon. Makes me glad I stopped modding; can't compete with the super modders like Gordon, et. al., nowadays. S!

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger:

Makes me glad I stopped modding; can't compete with the super modders like Gordon, et. al., nowadays.

NOOO!!!

Let's face it, IMO Gordon, Andrew and Fernando spew out a series of mods with gorgeous paint jobs.

All vehicles look as if they've come straight from the factory though, and not travelled 100m off road or spent any time outdoors.

Your vehicles, Tiger, really have a nice used look to them.

The perfect solution must be for the others to do their mods and then send them to you for weathering.

I, personally, would be willing to spend some money to buy a CD with those mods!

Cheers

Olle

Thanks all for the nice comments (except Olle smile.gif , who I'd hoped would have at least noticed that this mod is more weathered than the "factory" mods I usually do).

Vader's Jester, I'm not sure my wife would approve, but if you send a resume and photos I'll at least see if you're my type. :D

Buckeye, you want to be the one that tells 'em the bad news? ;)

Tiger, I'd be honored (and Olle would be ecstatic) if you'd apply your damage and weathering techniques to any of my mods (I just don't have the knack or time for it) and if they take off, we can start a whole new category of vehicle mods for CMMOS.

btw, here's the snow-covered previews:

sSSPzAbt501_TigerII_003_Winter_Preview.jpg

sSSPzAbt501_TigerII_204_Winter_Preview.jpg

sSSPzAbt501_TigerII_332_Winter_Preview.jpg

Gordon

Olle,

Well, I gave it the old college try (front and side BMPs only - it's just a prototype) but it doesn't seem to work.

DirtyKT.jpg

It just doesn't look convincing to me. Maybe PawBroon will finish up his tutorial on weathering and dirtying vehicles and I'll be able to learn something, but I just don't seem to have the knack for dirt. Besides it tends to cover up all the fine detail I worked so hard to put into the mod in the first place.

Sorry,

Gordon

I have to agree with the others Gordon, that weathering looks great. If the whole vehicle was dirtied (i.e. the "dirty-ing" was finished), I'd probably be drooling with the rest.

I wish I could add weathering myself, I've got a number of mods installed that I'd like to weather.

Dings and such are nice.... but I really like when the vehicles look dirty.

But see here's another problem (of the underlying 3D model that things like weathering tend to exacerbate) which drives us modders nuts.

If you look closely at the image below you'll see that the inside fender which is now dirty is used for the front of the gun mantlet which now looks too dirty for its position on the tank.

DirtyKT2.jpg

Gordon