ROW Vets: Who's staying with CMBO?

If you are staying with CMBO, and you're interested in more CMBO tourneys (ROW style), post here. I'm curious as to how many tourney vets we're leaving behind by moving to CMBB. If there are enough of you, well....something might be arranged.

Treeburst155 out.

[ November 04, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Treeburst155,

I'm not a ROW veteran, but have been playing CMBO for a few years. I've only recently begun to play against human opponents ( last 6 months ) but have never found my way into any of the tourneys I see on this board. I've read the rules of ROW style tourneys (from previous posts)and would love to join in if there is another one.

If there's room for an ROW newbie, I'd be interested...

btw - I'll be getting CMBB, once I get my new machine put together.

Strontium Dog,

See the first post to the thread called, "ROW II: Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part VI)". It's not far below this one.

Green Hornet,

There will be a CMBB Rumblings Of War tourney kicking off in early January with signups in early December. Acceptance of newbies will depend on how many tourney vets sign up. Vets get first crack at a slot. I will need 72 players.

I will also need replacements for the inevitable dropouts. These will be called to active duty in the order they were put on the replacement list. Vets will again have the first shot.

With the ROW II tourney I actually had to recruit to get 72 players. This may or may not be the case with the upcoming CMBB tourney.

The_Capt,

Yeah, I'm beginning to think of CMBO fondly as "CM Lite" or "beer & pretzels CM". I just wish I didn't have to keep swapping my CM disks in and out all the time. I'm PBEMing both CMBO & CMBB you see.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Yeah, I'm beginning to think of CMBO fondly as "CM Lite" or "beer & pretzels CM". I just wish I didn't have to keep swapping my CM disks in and out all the time. I'm PBEMing both CMBO & CMBB you see.

Treeburst155 out.

I'm actively playing both games right now and would cheerfully participate in a tourney with either version.

One tip for TB and other who are playing both games: The CD for a given game only needs to be present when the game is launched--not the whole time you play it. This is for copy-protection. All the essential game elements are actually on your hard disk. Thus, if you start in CMBO, then switch to CMBB, as long as you keep the CMBO game open (i.e., don't quit), you don't need to have the CD in the drive to keep playing. So if you can remember not to quit either game, you don't need to switch CDs until you reboot.

Jim L.,

Yeah, I'm thinking of you technologically challenged ROW vets. :D Whether I can do anything for you guys is another story. It depends on how many of you there are. You would probably have to put up with fictional scenarios designed by me too. :eek: Then again, we could raid the huge selection of scenarios at the Scenario Depot instead. FOW would take a hit, but it could still be fun. Each player chooses one scenario from the depot. Out of that pool I draw five at random from a hat. Sides are determined by the Nabla scheduling program.

How does that sound to you?

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155,

Sounds good to me. There are a ton of scenarios I have not played from the Scenario Depot. I would love the chance to play them against other RoW players. No need to let all those good scenarios go to waste.

The only thing I would add is sometime before the final scenarios are drawn the players should disclose which ones they have played before so you can eliminate them from the pool. Requires more work for you, but...it's up to you.

I'd pretty much be interested in playing anything and let Nabla handle the rest. That's the beauty of the RoW tournaments. :D

Come on people! We need more players who are interested (seems like it anyway)! Post a reply now! Pretty, pretty please... smile.gif

Another idea is to just edit existing scenarios enough so that we have brand new scenarios. IOW, only the map would be the same. Would they be balanced? Who cares? We have the Nabla System.

I've read enough feedback about scenarios now that I'm fairly certain I could put together some fun fictional ones. The only problem is time. Take now, for instance. I'm supposed to be writing a manual for the Nabla Scoring System. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

WineCape,

Hi, Charl! Good to see you posting around the various BFC forums. I'm just seeing what kind of interest I have in a CMBO tourney here. I'll be in touch with you via email within the next few days. We haven't chatted lately.

Kingfish,

I will send you a copy of the Nabla Scoring System manual when it is completed. Nabla is going to put it into pdf format, add graphs and formulae,etc.. It will be a team effort. I'm going to send him the first draft sometime late tomorrow. IOW, tomorrow is the day I'm going to ignore the forum and get it done. smile.gif

Kanonier and U8led,

Great to have you two pros still interested in CMBO. So far we have some stiff competition in the mix with The_Capt, Jim L, Holien, Kanonier, U8led, and Combined Arms. Did I forget anyone? We also have some interested newbies. I'll be watching this thread. Nothing is going to happen real soon however.

Treeburst155 out.

[ November 01, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

I'm currently in the Fellowship of the Newbie Tournament and would be interested in playing another CMBO tourney. My system has been challenged with CMBB and the long timeframes between each turn's processing. Have to stick to small battles which can be a drag if I'm in the mood for some all out slugfests.