Please bring back the shockwaves......!

Guest Sgt. Emren

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer how it is right now. Especially the "nuke-like" explosion of buildings IMO looked very cartoonish in CMBO.

Same with arty. Although it's now a bit harder to spot light arty rounds.

IMO the battle looks more realistic with the new explosions and tracers. I think it's personal preference. Some like it, some don't.

I also miss the old exploding shell domes. Without them, it's very tough to tell whether my tanks are shooting HE accurately, unless I go down to Cam2 or 1 and sit right next to the target point. In the old way you could see the hit-points quite clearly from almost any Cam view.

DjB

Ditto on bringing back the HE explosion shock "sphere". I don't miss the nuke building explosions. They got it in the way and were somewhat "over the top". But I think I want more visible explosions so I can see clearly what is going on from view 3 and up.

If not, then at least some modder could take up the task.

IMHO.

-Sarge

I was hoping to find that they were just modded out, but after looking individually at each and every bitmap in CMBO, I oculdn't find any!

(BTW, after downloading all those mods, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the artistic ability of all the modders. Their ability REALLY shines when they are looked at individually. GREAT job guys. Thanks to all the modders.)

Are the shockwaves hard coded? Does anyone know for sure?

Ya know, when I was watching some 75mm artillery fall in CMBB, I couldn't help have the feeling that something was missing. I mean that artillery was downright wimpy. Maybe it was done only for the DEMO to save on the download size and that they really are in the final product.

Keep yer fingers crossed guys!

Hey, everybody start chanting......"SHOCKWAVES........SHOCKWAVES.........SHOCKWAVES........SHOCKWAVES......"

Begin banging anything metallic in time with the chanting. Let it build until it is a roar and don't stop until the shockwaves are back.

[ September 02, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

How about some compromise? Having seen many a 155mm Arty round or 105/120mm tank round impact, you can usually see one heck of a lot of dust kicked up. Not the shockwave (which I love) of CMBO. Dust. A lot of it depending upon the size of the round, and if it was airburst or impact.

Love the demo, and have my credit card charged up and waiting to line up to buy CMBB!

On the way!!!!

CMBO: explosions are visible.

CMBB: tanks are firing with pea shooters. We get an animated effect if a gun is knocked out, but that's it.

If realism is such a concern than hardcode the damn trees into the map. I bet everyone would then say "I love it! It looks crap, but I'll get used to it!"

Originally posted by Warphead-:

Do not change it. It simply does not look like that in reality. And there is no problem in spotting the point of impact of the bigger rounds.

Yes but when its all said and done its only a game. smile.gif

So when i am playing against somebody i want BIG explosions.i know how much this pisses me off when arty is coming in on my side.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring them back

Vader, I have seen such shots, but only from vietman material and beyond. I have dozens of WW2 documentaries Ive bought over the past couple of years and have never seen such a shockwave. Im guessing the explosive filler in more modern ordanance has a faster reaction, and thus produced the pronounced shockwave.

Personally I prefer it without. It was requested that we take them out due to lack of realism and they were making it hard in CMBO to take descent screen shots as the bubble looked ugly.

Guys, as a suggestion give it a little time to get used to CMBB before trying to turn it back into CMBO. smile.gif I initially had a lot of the same thoughts you guys are having as the new features were added, but once I got used to many of the new features I couldnt go back.

Dan