Can I pre-order the Russian Combat Mission?

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Likely look like Vegas when all the bikers arrive. :D

More like Sturgis in South Dakota in mid August when all the bikers arrive. smile.gif

have you ever seen that

its CRAZY!

-tom w

[ May 07, 2002, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Likely look like Vegas when all the bikers arrive. :D

More like Sturgis in the South Dakota in mid August when all the bikers arrive. smile.gif

have you ever seen that

its CRAZY!

-tom w</font>

Originally posted by aka kingtiger:

I would like to pre-orser the Russian campaign. Is that possible?

Send 50 dollars US to

Mr. Michael Dorosh

1210 Refinery Road

Calgary, Alberta

T2M 0C4

Canada

Cash, personal cheques, money orders all acceptable. Sorry, no credit cards.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Send 50 dollars US to

Mr. Michael Dorosh

1210 Refinery Road

Calgary, Alberta

T2M 0C4

Canada

Cash, personal cheques, money orders all acceptable. Sorry, no credit cards.

Looks like someone got his pre-release copy. ;)

[ May 07, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka kingtiger:

I would like to pre-orser the Russian campaign. Is that possible?

Send 50 dollars US to

Mr. Michael Dorosh

1210 Refinery Road

Calgary, Alberta

T2M 0C4

Canada

Cash, personal cheques, money orders all acceptable. Sorry, no credit cards.</font>

When they open the preorder, it will be more like that: four lone gunman looking through a pillbox slit...early morning, June 6, 1944, Normandy.

After one hour they will also feel that way.

Originally posted by Scipio:

Yeah, hundreds and hundreds of people desperate to give you money. It's terrible, I tell you. The more money they give you, the worse it gets. Poor poor BTS. :D

Originally posted by Terence:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scipio:

Yeah, hundreds and hundreds of people desperate to give you money. It's terrible, I tell you. The more money they give you, the worse it gets. Poor poor BTS. :D </font>

Originally posted by Scipio:

When they open the preorder, it will be more like that: four lone gunman looking through a pillbox slit...early morning, June 6, 1944, Normandy.

lol! good analogy. actually after one hour it will be more like animal house during the food fight scene, except it will be with money. lol..

It's 0300hrs 11 January 1945, and in a frontline trench opposite a certain Soviet bridgehead centered around a city called Sandomir, two German soldiers try to stay warm - and awake ...

Yeah, it's going to be rough for BTS. Ahh, but the perk$$$$$ ;)

Bring it on!

Originally posted by Grisha:

It's 0300hrs 11 January 1945, and in a frontline trench opposite a certain Soviet bridgehead centered around a city called Sandomir, two German soldiers try to stay warm - and awake ...

Yeah, it's going to be rough for BTS. Ahh, but the perk$$$$$ ;)

Bring it on!

I don't think those two Germans had to worry too much about staying awake. They were soon going to experience Stalin's alarm clock that rings with a very big kaboom.....

I think the past several months have been rough for BTS, and I'm sure they are not planning any vacations until several months after they make the final delivery (whenever that may occur).

I don't need to pre-order the game, I understand why they don't want to institute that process. However, all I ask for is that we receive some form of advance warning that CMBB is being released.

(By the way guys, excellent work I am looking forward to the CMBB delivery. CMBO redefined my view of PC games and CMBB will do far more. I'm sure the product will impress all- despite their constant grumbling about a product that they have not even seen. Now, stop reading my praises and get back to coding/system testing ;) ).

I hope I don't log in one day and find a bold message CMBB is now available. I would like to see a message two weeks before its release stating that CMBB will be available for purchase on MM/DD/CCYY.... (then I can log in at 12:01am that day and pay ~$50 to lose all my free time).

Originally posted by Zitadelle:

I would like to see a message two weeks before its release stating that CMBB will be available for purchase on MM/DD/CCYY...

Except if they announced a specific time to begin ordering, the rush to the ordering server would resemble the opening assault of Barbarossa itself

The will probably do something that produces less of a "gamey server rush"

like begin the ordering window when many CM'ers are asleep.

such as 1am Eastern / 7am European time

on a Monday morning

So you Aussies and Kiwis may actually get a shot at ordering CM:BB

before Europe and the Americas

[ May 09, 2002, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

I recall in a previous posting BTS said there'd be no pre-orders like CMBO because they've now got the distribution system set up so an order comes in - a game goes out. Not the lag time of the CMBO initial release.

And if I may speculate (based on no fact whatsoever), I doubt that BTS needs that pre-order "seed money" to keep the light bills paid while they finish the game this time around. A CMBO disk ordered a month ahead of time meant $45 bucks in THEIR bank account for a month, not yours! :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think BTS charged anyone's credit card until the game shipped. I think I saw on the board once that their problems ran the otherway, that because they did not charge the credit card until the game shipped problems arose because in the interim some customers' cards expired or was renewed with different numbers which created some logistical problems. But the preorders may have given them a good fix on their initial orders.

However, I'm eagerly awaiting the allclear sign to get my order in. Anyword if we are still looking at a second quarter release (ie. by the end of June)?

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I recall in a previous posting BTS said there'd be no pre-orders like CMBO because they've now got the distribution system set up so an order comes in - a game goes out. Not the lag time of the CMBO initial release.

And if I may speculate (based on no fact whatsoever), I doubt that BTS needs that pre-order "seed money" to keep the light bills paid while they finish the game this time around. A CMBO disk ordered a month ahead of time meant $45 bucks in THEIR bank account for a month, not yours! :rolleyes:

As I recall they didn't hit the credit card until the order was ready to be shipped. Now there were some "issues" in which the charge hit and game didn't actually clear the door for a week, but they certainly didn't intend that and the money wasn't in their bank account for longer than a week except for some bizzare few cases.

Not sure how they did the checks but they were a pretty small minority IIRC.

As to setting an exact time for purchases, that would make the Night of the Refreshing Monkeys look like a slow Sunday on the Permanent Cave Dwellers Forum.

I still think they should reserve a spot in the order queue based on low member numbers :D

Joe