Cheery Waffles hate angryolized Maggots like you. Yes you.

Wallybob

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

(snip of hot air)

Oh sure, now that I have finally wrapped up the BDLRM you suddenly resurface. I guess we'll soon be seeing Keke and Lurkur around again, too. You can proclaim yourself victorious all you want, but we know better. :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

No new games yet, as I'm still mired in the deepest bowels of TurboTax and the IRS tax code. Anyone know the income tax implications of two houses sold on contract (installment sales) in 2002 that were suddenly given back by the buyer in 2004? How about a house we lived in until we rented it out in 2002, sold it on contract in 2003, and sold it outright (refinanced by the buyer) in 2004? As if anyone else here had their first clue about anything. tongue.gif :eek: :D

I know you are an idjit...that's gotta be worth sumfink.

Oh, right, everyone knows that. Well I do know this...Snookums, Pseudohominid, and Sillypop are all gonna be veeeeerrryy unhappy that I broke the Goodale-esque, no-turn-sending streak. And here is why....

-Snookums drove his clankies right into harm's way. Popped one with zook, one with my clankie and one just took some very angry, molten TNT from on high.

-Pseudohominid does not yet know how badly he will lose, does he?

-Sillypop continues to lament the fact that I talked him into a game that was listed as 'completely unsuitable for PBEM'. I gave him a 0.00025% play bonus.....dunno what he is griping about.

Congratulations to Watson & Crick for a 61-39 victory in rune's Bridges at Le Muy. He battered my armor the entire game, and actually was able to get three AFVs across the bridges. At the end I wasn't able to press him back away from the VLs on the bridges. My shrewd tactics managed to get a couple of powerful German units immobilized too far away to even see the bridges. I also ended with three useless AFVs with damaged guns, which is really aggravating. GRARRGRAGHRARRGH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I honestly didn't think anybody could survive a trip across the bridges, but W&C proved that it can be done. Rune, the scenario has more depth to it than I thought. It's a tough nut for the Allied player to crack, but it is possible. It's a tough scenario for the defending Germans as well, because finding a good firing position to cover the bridges tends to be suicidal. I recommend the scenario to anyone who can tolerate a long stalemate for most of the battle. Again, great job W&C, and a great game - as always. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

My shrewd tactics managed to get a couple of powerful German units immobilized too far away to even see the bridges. I also ended with three useless AFVs with damaged guns, which is really aggravating. GRARRGRAGHRARRGH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah, Either you suffer from hoosier luck or gamey area firing :D When you get untaxed, send me a rematch.

And I agree with you and Weener it is a conundrum, typically of Rune.

Speaking of Rune scenarios, I have not received a turn from that auto-surrendering monkey named Axe in three days. :mad:

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

B0002NY8XA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log

:D

Mace

<font size=5 font color=blue>Good Monday Morning, Cheery Waffles!</font>

It has come to my attention in another thread that BFC is willing to sacrifice the PBEM capability in CMX2 for greater realism and correspondingly larger files. If that indeed becomes the case, will any of you Wafflemaniacs continue to play CMBB and/or CMAK? I'd hate to lose my excellent PBEM partners, especially those of you who are kind enough to lose to me on a regular basis. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

If that indeed becomes the case, will any of you Wafflemaniacs continue to play CMBB and/or CMAK?

Fear not, my precious lil bit of walking history. Soon we shall have T-72 and, god willing, a WW2 expansion pack. Then I can shoot that T-34 from right under you live and personal like. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wallybob and I have started an infantryesque game, which contrary to goodaleian norm, has neither hordes of clankies or more splosions than a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.

Its ok though, because it means my pixeltruppen can revel in gutting his face to face with trench knives and other pointy objects, and then having spilled their guts and other internal organs over the Italian hills, reflect profoundly on it all in a book that sells decently, though is never a big time hit. Mostly history teachers will buy it, as well as grogs. Then someone claiming to be scholarly will discount it all as a a farce. :mad:

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Fear not, my precious lil bit of walking history. Soon we shall have T-72 and, god willing, a WW2 expansion pack. Then I can shoot that T-34 from right under you live and personal like. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I suppose that means if I have a single T-34 that you will have a couple of T-72 companies. Maybe M1A1s. Possibly Apaches or A-10s. That's just based on your gamey history of gamey unit selections for gamey QBs. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif:D

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

(snip)I will gladly thrash your arse in ANY 'puter game of your choosing-especially CMBB and CMAK. :mad:

Ever played MULE, sonny boy? :eek:

How about Diplomacy? :cool:

I'm pretty good at Reversi/Othello, too. ;)

Or are you still trying to figure out how to count the petals on the rose from the GF? :D:D