CMAK rulebook design request

I hope it's not too late to put in a plea for the CMAK rulebook to have one change from the CMBB rulebook:

no background image of a soldier on every page. I found it makes some sections hard to read as the background varies.

I remember when the Avalon Hill GENERAL (RIP) tried this and no one much liked it. Just because desktop publishing lets you do something doesn't mean you should :D

[ November 04, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I hope it's not too late to put in a plea for the CMAK rulebook to have one change from the CMBB rulebook:

no background image of a soldier on every page. I fomund it makes some sections hard to read as the background varies.

I remember when the Avalon Hill's GENERAL (RIP) tried this and no one much liked it. Just because desktop publishing lets you do something doesn't mean you should.

My guess is that the soldier watermark might have something to do with preventing illegal copying of the manual.

I wouold also suspect it is WAY too late for them to change the manual know even if they desired.

Steve

My heart is bleeding... (sniff)

But yes, no soldier graphics in the CMAK manual. And yes, there is a full index this time.

As a surprise and bonus, we've secured the permission from Stars&Stripes to reprint half a dozen classic Bill Mauldin cartoons throughout the manual (as you might know, Bill has been in Italy with the 45th ID).

Hm, did I just spoil the surprise? Well, don't tell anyone. ;)

Martin

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Bill Maulden cartoons! That is sooooo cool!

There's a whole generation (or maybe two) who don't know who the man is. Suffice to say he was General Patton's public enemy number #3, just below Hitler and Monty. ;)

_maul50.jpg

"Radio th' ol' man we'll be late on account of a thousand-mile detour."

• 2 weeks later...

Feh! Maudlin cartoons. Just another example of BFC's US-centric-ness if you ask me ;)

What about The Two Types? Where are they to be found?

sandstorm.jpg

Do you remember the week without water at Wadi ZemZem?
pow.jpg

Reminds me of that shower we caught at Mareth.
:D

Regards

JonS

[√] Demo downloaded

[√] Preorder made

[√] Demo installed

[√] Preorder confirmed

[ ] Demo played (still at work)

[ ] Demo played so much it's worn a smooth patch on my HDD (gimme till Sunday)

[ November 19, 2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Rule Book? You mean, like a manual?

From the CMAK Demo readme that nobody reads:

" 32 page printed Quick Guide with removable Quick Reference Card, and 210+ page PDF manual"

I see no manual mentioned here. If I can't take it to the head with me, it ain't a manual.

I'm not happy about this. I don't like PDF manuals. I don't like to read more than 1,000 words off a screen at a time. I don't like manuals I can't underline and dogear. Booo!

:( :mad:

Michael

[ November 19, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

" 32 page printed Quick Guide with removable Quick Reference Card, and 210+ page PDF manual"

I see no manual mentioned here. If I can't take it to the head with me, it ain't a manual.

Treeburst155 out.

Maybe this is the CDV version? Please say so...

Treeburst155 out.

The prodigal son has returned! Welcome back TB155. In the words of the recent Matrix film..."weee've misssed youuu"

smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Guys, there are several reasons we did it this way:

- the price for the game is lower

- the manual is almost identical to the CMBB manual

- the game CD is multi-language (english, french, german) since we're allowed to ship to Europe

Before you judge, wait until you see the printed 32 page "QuickGuide". Personally I think this is much more useful.

Martin