Peng Challenges the Killer Rabbit.

rune

Originally posted by v42below:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

What the hell is this ... a Village Idiot convention? From whence, pray tell lad, do you come up with THAT?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Pronunciation: 'nach

Function: adverb

Etymology: by shortening & alteration from naturally

slang : of course : NATURALLY

*snip* </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

*snip*

Why are we not surprised that YOU would be familiar with the definition last used in 1913? Oh ... sorry, that's one of those rhetorical questions isn't it.

Joe

Joe, joE, jOe, JOE! I must assume there are a few of you, given that you insist on referring to yourself in the plural. Of course the definition is from the 1913 dictionary. After all, the original use of the word was in YOUR post. Was it not a reasonable expectation, I ask you, that this person:

graphic_pub.jpg

was using the word in it's last century meaning?

Oh ... sorry, that's one of those rhetorical questions isn't it?*

* Note the question mark, Joe, you're the one who made a point of needing one at the end of a rhetorical question in the first place.

Once upon a time, I knew things about stuff but as I enter into the blissful oblivion of geriatricy, I realize that knowing stuff and things was simply an impediment to appreciating reality T.V.

But you see, my dear Iosef, a rhetorical question is no question at all, but a statement--in the same way that the killer whale is no whale at all, but rather a dolphin. Question marks are reserved for questions, not statements, just as Englishwomen are reserved for nursemaiding and stacking, not bedding or lusting after. But I wouldn't expect a baby-stealer and white slaver like you to know those things.

V42below ... which is a reasonable indication of your IQ ... not sure what the V stands for though ... pathetic, lad, pathetic. WE are the CessPool, the collective that is all of us, and WE find your attempt to pass off YOUR usage of the archaic form of the word ... troubling.

You live in Australia as I recall ... that could explain it I suppose.

Shut up dalem and go back to contemplating why you are unable to pry even such a loathsome and sub-standard representative of the species as Lars away from his black and white, rabbit eared TV for the evening. Says much of the company if you ask me.

Joe

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Once upon a time, I knew things about stuff but as I enter into the blissful oblivion of geriatricy, I realize that knowing stuff and things was simply an impediment to appreciating reality T.V.

But you see, my dear Iosef, a rhetorical question is no question at all, but a statement--in the same way that the killer whale is no whale at all, but rather a dolphin. Question marks are reserved for questions, not statements, just as Englishwomen are reserved for nursemaiding and stacking, not bedding or lusting after. But I wouldn't expect a baby-stealer and white slaver like you to know those things. </font>

You live in Australia as I recall ... that could explain it I suppose.

You think that he's a rugged, handsome and intelligent individual like the rest of us Aussies?

Well he's not, because he's a Kiwi.

If you continue to get your nationalities wrong, I will have to start calling you a...

*pause for affect*

...Canadian.

Mace

[ January 22, 2005, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Mumpfelfrumf:

I know your heritage hardly enables you to comprehend what I´m saying, but listen:

Meeks just take your hand out your pants for a second and try to overcome your innated cowardice and accept my challenge already, as rune [bows] has proposed.

Just make sure your facing Rune when you bow.

Don't trust that bugger.

Originally posted by rune:

Spamalot Update

I went to see the play with my wife, who is NOT a Monty Python fan. Any musical that starts with the Finns doing a fish slapping dance is OK in my book. There are multiple scenes from the movie including the Knights who say Ni, the Killer Rabbit, The Black Knight, the Stupid Guards, Camelot itself, bring out your dead, the Holy handgrenade of Antioch, and more. New scenes include the Lady of the Lake, Making a Broadway Play, and a marriage.

It was absolutely hysterical. A lot of sight gags, so you have to pay attention, the musical numbers are there from the movie plus additional ones, including the required for stage love song, which was a song about the required love songs taht never end, and more. I don't want to give stuff away, for those who will see it here in Chicago or on Broadway in Feb.

Hank Azaria was incredible. At two points he ad-libbed lines and even got the cast to start laughing. He plays the Freench taunter, Tim the Enchanter, one of the Knights, A Knight who says Ni, and a couple things I am missing.

Tim Curry had a good voice, and his faking of the horse had the audience laughing. yes, there are coconuts in the play.

My wife was laughing also, and she is NOT a Python fan as I stated. He came off a 12 hours shift from the ER, and was tired, but the play woke her up and had her cracking up.

The theatre was sold out, and the musical received a standing ovation for several minutes at the end.

If you can get tickets, go see it. That's the bottom line.

Rune

Terrific. Now I just need to file a motion in our Chicago cases for an excuse to zip up that direction . . . hmm . . .

Steve

graphic_pub.jpg

Keep movin', movin', movin',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them Poolers movin' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope and throw and grab 'em,

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

My heart's calculatin'

My Olde Ones will be waitin',

Be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,