The Cheery Wafflers Deck the Halls... GRAR RAR RAR RAR RAR, RAR RAR RAR RAR!!!!

Snarker

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pride and joy was a '76 Ford wagon. Ford bought 'em in 76 to use as fleet taxis. They sold them in '77 when they figured out they used too much gas. Ford had dumped some engines they had not been able to sell into them. The biggest V-8 police interceptor engine made. 460 cubic inch, dual four-barrel carb. The rear end gave out I had gotten one from a junk-yard police cruiser with a faster gear ratio. the thing would suck in air below 40 mph, but if you stomped the gas over 40, the thing would fishtail. I have fond memories from high school of passing a 280Z and a corvette that were drag racing at 2 in the morning in my home town. They both got passed up in the family wagon doing about 130 mph. Regretfully, I was a mo-ron and didn't maintain it. Change the oil? What do you mean?

Life is a bit better here. One Mo-ron student has been caught with a knife in my class, and he was upset because "they" will revoke his probation. Awwwwwwwwwwww. Mo-ron.

Turns out to all angryolized maggotty types.

Originally posted by Wallybob:

...student has been caught with a knife in my class,...revoke his probation...

I think we need a kinder, gentler Wallybob. Come now, surely you must see the potential in this fine, upstanding citizen? He sounds like a misunderstood soul who society has cruelly passed by....or maybe just kick him in the fork, stab him in the head with his cheap-ass, liquor-store, piece of crap blade and break the handle off, leaving the blade protruding from his impenetrable dome. :mad: :mad: :mad:

As you are a professional, I think the decision should be yours.

Much angry TNT to you hapless, tree squirrels as Crimina...er, Professional Basketball has pre-empted my Law & Order. Farging maggots the whole lot of 'em. :mad: :mad:

And no, I won't settle for that crappy Law & Order SVU....tonight's plot; someone is raped and killed.....and it's never Axe. :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Maybe we just have a level of suckage about 100 times less than yours.

I mean look at that - thing - that Axe posted a photo of. It looks like it came from the seventies. No car from the seventies deserves to be admired.

1974 Pontiac Grand Ville

Displacement: 455 ci (7,456 cc)

Engine: V8

Transmission: 3-speed automatic

Weight: 4,476 lbs

Top Speed: 124 mph

Horsepower: 250 bhp @ 4,000 rpm

Torque: 370 lb ft @ 2,800 rpm

EPA: 11 mpg

I was two when it made its debut in Detroit.</font>

And to think that all the poor, ignorant Europeans could produce in the 1960s was the Porsche 911, the Aston Martin DB5, the Ferrari Daytona and the Jaguar E-Type.

The Ford GT40 - now that was a car. Probably IMO one of the few worthwhile constructions the US car industry has ever churned out.

<font size=6 font color=blue>Good Friday Morning!!</font>

How is everyone in Cheery Wafflemania today? Time for some MUSIC!! Here's a little tune entitled "My Culture" by Maxi Jazz and Robbie Williams. Enjoy.

I'm the sum total of my ancestors

I carry their DNA

We are representatives of a long line of people

And we carried them around everywhere

This long line of people

That goes back to the beginning of time

And when we meet, they meet other lines of people

And we say bring together the lines of me

When I look back over the years

At the things that brought tears to my eyes

Papa said we have to be wise to live long lives

Now I recognize what my father said before he dies

Vocalize things I've left unsaid

Left my spirit unfed for too long

I'm coming home to my family

Where I can be strong

Be who I planned to be

Within me, my ancestry

Givin' me continuity

Would it be remiss to continue in this way

Would you rather I quit

Come with the other ****

Making people's hips sway

Lip service I pay, but I'm nervous

I pray for all the mothers who get no sleep

Like a lifeline, I light lines 'cause my compassion is deep

For the people who fashioned me, my soul to keep

And this is who I happen to be

And if I don't see that I'm strong, then I won't be

This is what my Daddy told me

I wished he would hold me

A little more than he did

But he taught me my culture

And how to live positive

I never wanna shame

The blood in my veins and bring pain

To my sweet grandfather's face, in his resting place

I make haste to learn and not waste

Everything my forefathers earned in tears

For my culture

Fall back again

Crawl from the warm water

For my culture

Water to air

You're on your feet again

Your feet again

Hello Dad, remember me?

I'm the man you thought I'd never be

I'm the boy who you reduced to tears

Dad, I'd been lonely for 27 years

Yeah, that's right, my name's Rob

I'm the one who landed the pop stars job

I'm the one who you told, "Look, don't touch"

And the kid who wouldn't amount to much

I believe in the senses out of sound

I have always been too loud

Won't you help me drown it out?

I'm what I feel

And what I'm feeling is surreal

I'm a massive spinnin' wheel, always digging in my heels

Now I got the faith

Fall back again

Water to air

Your feet again

Ha, lace up your booty

Going back to the roots, continue my interlude

Feed freakin' for loot

And my spell's been to check what your future brings is now

And your forefathers further know how

But now, what happened to the world without the hatred

Use your head, if the needle is wise, be the thread

And weave ancestral wisdom, yours by best

Spreading the Lord's word over this broad Earth

This is what my Daddy told me

I wished he would hold me

A little more than he did

But he taught me my culture

And how to live positive

I never wanna shame

The blood in my veins and bring pain

To my sweet grandfather's face, in his resting place

I make haste to learn and not waste

Everything my forefathers earned in tears

For my culture

Fall back again

Water to air

Your feet again

For my culture

Fall back again

Water to air

Your feet again

For my culture

Game updates:

I am "fighting" DaveH and Must be Toejam in the Rune bridge abomination. Occasional some arty falls or a tank gets destroyed, but nobody has attempted to cross the bridge into enemy territory. It looks like it will be a war of attrition.

My Kraut forces destroyed Pseudodonkey's troops in a bocage battle. He commanded a company of Brits, a lone sherman firefly, an AT gun and carrier against a Tiger, a gun halftrack, and a half-strength company of infantry. Given what he had, I don't think he had a chance from the start. If he wishes a rematch, he may send it my way.

I am frying Willynilly's krauts with flame-carriers in Sockpuppet's Cheery Waffle scenario. It has been cheery for me, but I'm sure that Wally ain't so cheery.

And last and certainly least there is Axe. I picked a very nice CMBB scenario from the proving grounds. It would make Mastergoodale misty-eyed. TNT, tanks and grunts Oh my! Ask Axe what happens to Kraut tanks leading the way for infantry into a city. I really don't think he liked the last turn. He won't like the ones after that either. :mad:

Aiight Pengers....

I've been silently reading these wack Cheery Waffles threads for at least a year now. They offer me a mixture of entertainment and abhorrence that I cannot find in other wargame threads...and I've looked. Believe me.

But this current fetish involving posting of song lyrics has got to cease. The only song lyrics I want to see are from Generals Patton and McAurthur and maybe a few ballads from Stalin. But none of Mussolini's operatic hard rock. That crap stinks.

So as a Waffles thread stalker, I humbly ask that you guys continue to entertain me with your incessant sarcasm and LAY OFF THE LINER NOTES! Get back to PBEMing each other and tossing TNT-flavord insults.

This silent "fanboi" has spoken. I shall disappear once again.

And I just have CM:BO. And it's not installed at the moment.

(oops, wrong thread)

[ January 14, 2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: J. J. ]

Even if you were bright enough to post in the right thread the first time, we still wouldn't listen to a limp-wristed, skirt-wearing, non-TNT chucking, lurking-pansy, Axe-fanboi like yourself. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRAARHARHGHHRGARHRGHGRHGH!!!

Yes, I freely admit...'tis quite embarrasing. redface.gif

Not off to a rousing start, but from what I read here in this maggot infested wasteland of deranged grognard's it's no big loss. :mad: :mad:

But accusing me of being a fanboi Canadian like Axe...well all I can say I've got shotguns that are brighter than them folk.

OK, Ok...I'm not lurking like I said I would. I shall trouble ya'll no further. :mad:

My local EB has a copy of CM:BB for $10 and it's been slowly decaying on the store shelf for the better part of a year. Should I pick it up?? ;)

(Seriously, you guys crack me up. I appreciate it. Makes for better day at work).

I will admit that when you posted first in the Peng thread, my heart skipped a beat. I've been looking for a new cabana boy.

But since you've defected to the Waffle House and have proven to be lacking in sufficient sense God gave a snow pea, I've decided to let you rot in here, you sad, sorry excuse for a lurkur! :mad: :mad: Now Lurkur has lurking down to an art!

Come back when you know your place! :mad: And not before then!! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by J. J.:

Yes, I freely admit...'tis quite embarrasing. redface.gif

Not off to a rousing start, but from what I read here in this maggot infested wasteland of deranged grognard's it's no big loss. :mad: :mad:

But accusing me of being a fanboi Canadian like Axe...well all I can say I've got shotguns that are brighter than them folk.

OK, Ok...I'm not lurking like I said I would. I shall trouble ya'll no further. :mad:

My local EB has a copy of CM:BB for $10 and it's been slowly decaying on the store shelf for the better part of a year. Should I pick it up?? ;)

(Seriously, you guys crack me up. I appreciate it. Makes for better day at work).

Well, he has at least one neuron. But then again, even a catatonic crocodile is brighter than Axe.

As for spending $10 for CMBB, NO alcohol, drugs or wimin ((not even Mike the hoor) can be had at that price and give one that much pleasure. Pick it up. I'm sure that one of the maggots here would love some fresh meat to feast on.