All Quiet On The Patch Front

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth noting that one person, or a few, saying "CM is outdated, I don't play it anymore" is just one person, or a few. A vocal tiny minority.

A few people who are tired of CM post here. The vast majority are too busy playing to rebut. If I wasn't waiting for turns, I would be too.

So one or a few people complaining can make it sound like a problem when it's not.

BFC do make a fine product, and support it well.

I guess if they could afford to hire a PR person, they might come across better in this forum than is currently the case... but maybe we'd rather them spend their money on cranky, rude-but execllent- programmers & researchers than slivery tongued lying sales persons, eh?

GaJ.

I'll take the gritty "go away and let us bring you more games ya dolt" style over unctious oozing lies anyday. Anyday.

That being said, it is nice to see a bit of a status report. Whether Steve & co. meant to or not, they did spoil us, their customers.

-dale

Originally posted by Panzer76:

CM is dying anyway now.

That's a matter of personal opinion.

There's nothing on the market that even comes close to the CM series in quality or enjoyment.

CM will be staying on my HDD for quite some time yet.

Mace

Well, it would certainly help in keeping CM for Quickbattles alife (for people who like some realism) if the Axis wouldn't get heavier artillery than the Allies.

And this is not asking for a heavy feature, reducing ammo and lowering prices for spotters seems like something that wouldn't have to wait that long.

If that is corrected 15 months after the game comes out it will damage the community pretty decently.

Other change request that I support also don't appear out of line and are nice tradeoffs between realism, playability and implementation effort: artillery targetting/smoke/dust fix, kill points counting, concrete pillboxes not dying easier than wooden ones, heavy weapon setup time missing reset and the Pz IV turret.

FWIW,

Moon, usually beta teams are used during the beta-testing period. For CMAK, that time ended quite a while ago. Your policy of having the product available for all customers yet informing primarily only the beta team of forthcoming bug fix details seems like non-productive approach (or that is how I read your responses in this thread; I do not have access to your beta forum).

Your customers _did_ get together to combine feedback to further improve the quality of your product. Simply acknowledging the effort and keeping everyone informed of what is and what is not considered an issue for correcting seems quite reasonable.

IMHO, the product doesn't have any flaws that I care about. Then again, many of your customers are much groggier than I am. Keep them happy and they will keep contributing.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by junk2drive:

well nobody is complaining lately. the game must work.

I like that line of reasoning.

Damn if you say something, damn if you don't. I would call you names to get some spice into the discussion but then, there are other games to play.

It would be nice to have an some sort of update as it's been literally ages since any further information has been released. Hopefully mention will be made when (and if) an update is provided that the lack of infantry anti-tank weapons for early war Commonwealth & Italian squads will be addressed as I recall seeing a number of posts confirming the existence of sticky bombs, AT grenades etc.

One can only hope I guess.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

but maybe we'd rather them spend their money on cranky, rude-but execllent- programmers & researchers than slivery tongued lying sales persons, eh?

If those are the only choices, I agree with you. However, it's not difficult at all to be polite and to treat people with courtesy and respect. We all have busy lives, with work and with family, but it's not hard to take a few minutes, every so often, to post an update or to say, be patient, it's coming.