All Quiet On The Patch Front

Hmm, it's been a while since our last patch. I understand this next one will most likely be our final one for CMAK, but it's just that there doesn't seem to be much recent news about it. I was just wondering if the BFC team could give us a small progress update and spoilers in what is expected to be fixed. Of course the best would be a release date too, if that's not asking too much. :D

And even better if they released it after reading this post, but somehow I don't think so...

Much appreciated! smile.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

The patch release date is the same as it always has been. When it is done, and not a moment sooner. smile.gif

Rune

Sorry I have been away...

is it official that a second patch is in the works?

will they 9at some point) actually release a second patch for CMAK?

I thought that some time ago the general feeling was the first patch was the only patch? (none more to come they considered CMAK finished? maybe I am mistaken because I have not read the forum here lately)

thanks

-tom w

Originally posted by Moon:

You're mistaken, aka_tom_w. We're working on a second patch indeed, just taking our time to make sure that none more will be needed after that.

Martin

Oh smile.gif

OK! (happy to be wrong about this one!) smile.gif

Thanks sorry for the question.

I have not been around for a while.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer the question and set us all straight.

I think this is the important part:

"We're working on a second patch indeed, just taking our time to make sure that none more will be needed after that."

The CMxx faithful know and love that part about BFC, just do it right! smile.gif

Thanks

-tom w

2nd. patch?...Okay great!

Just three reminders "to make sure that none more will be needed after that":

1. Houses on pavement in various orientations, please?

2. Right now, Quick Battles are generated with AXIS set up at WEST side and ALLIES in the EAST. This means that when a map, where the orientation is set different, is imported in a Quick battle, the units are put on the map by the AI, facing the wrong direction, which results in quite funny situations, like attacking pillboxes that are pointing backwards. Please let the definitions of friendly sides of imported maps overwrite QB-parameters.

I even experienced in such cases, that during the set-up turn, my units were incredibely bunched up together in some corner of the map, outside of the set-up zones.

3. If in parameters, the area is set "combined", I found out that trees are still green in winter :eek:

Oh yes... and I support the motion of introducing KT's :D

And else...yeah, you know already by now, read the sig.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pheasant Plucker:

I know I know, I shouldn't but...

Any developments since Moon's comments a month ago?

Sorry ;)

What, you mean the comments where Moon said that my lamenting the lack of direct discussion between the community and developers on this issue was simply me sulking about not having the patch thread stickied?

None that I am aware of. ;)

Perhaps they are working on a Strategy Guide to sell to purchasers of the new computer card games they are championing.

None that I am aware of.
Which doesn't mean much. Michael Dorosh, you're not even funny any more.

Currently there is an ongoing discussion in the beta forum about some new armor penetration research (and conflicting information) concerning the Panther mantlet.

The patch is on track, we're still planning to have a 1.02 (at least), and to release it sometime this year. Michael Dorosh's unfounded jabs at us nonwithstanding, it won't be sooner than we think we're ready, and the new projects we announced so far have nothing to do with it, since we're not involved in development of those titles.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> None that I am aware of.

Which doesn't mean much. Michael Dorosh, you're not even funny any more.

Currently there is an ongoing discussion in the beta forum about some new armor penetration research (and conflicting information) concerning the Panther mantlet.

The patch is on track, we're still planning to have a 1.02 (at least), and to release it sometime this year. Michael Dorosh's unfounded jabs at us nonwithstanding, it won't be sooner than we think we're ready, and the new projects we announced so far have nothing to do with it, since we're not involved in development of those titles.

Martin </font>