Coming Attractions (Mod Previews) UPDATED!

Gordon

Ok, the latest product from Bergman-Molek Productions International will feature the world's first CMAK/CMBB/CMBO mod. Yes, you guessed it, the long-suffering FlaK halftracks (and associated FlaK guns) have finally been given the deluxe treatment (well, Marco did the FlaK 37 and Quad 20mm before, but these are even improved over those), and the mods will be useable across all three games.

First up, the dunkelgrau versions:

Dunkelgrau_FlaK_Track_Pack_Preview.jpg

Second, the desert versions:

Sand_FlaK_Track_Pack_Preview.jpg

Third, how about sand over dunkelgrau?

Sand_over_Dunkelgrau_FlaK_Track_Pack_Preview.jpg

And finally, late war camouflaged.

Late_War_FlaK_Track_Pack_Preview.jpg

Also on the production line are my improved and updated "from scratch" Matilda II textures with caunter camouflage scheme. Of course, I can't do anything without going overboard, so you'll have several different styles to choose from.

This one is designed to blend with the standard CMAK color scheme:

GEM_Matilda_II_Caunter_1_Preview.jpg

The second is based on photographs of the Matilda II at Bovington:

GEM_Matilda_II_Caunter_2_Preview.jpg

And the third is based on other historical sources (that I can't seem to find right now, but trust me)

GEM_Matilda_II_Caunter_3_Preview.jpg

Don't worry, I've also got a caunter version of the captured Matilda II used by the Germans, so if you play the Germans you can still go waltzing in style.

So, look for these at a mod site near you in the near future, and expect lots of bells and whistles when the CMMOS versions are released (once CMMOS for CMAK is available).

Gordon (for Bergman-Molek Productions International)

[ November 24, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Since you are only quite happy with this one, do you mind me asking how much it takes for you to be completely satisfied with your work???
I have not done a mod yet that I consider totally complete, or am fully satisfied with. But I have to stop somewhere, or else I'd only ever do one (unfinished) mod in my lifetime.

[ November 24, 2003, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Marco Bergman ]

Michael,

Yes, I am retired. At least I think I'm the Gordon who retired. It's possible that I'm not actually him, but am really a replicant placed on Earth by the evil galactic empire to undermine the modding community. If so, I'll always miss myself, as I thought I was a pretty swell guy.

But anyway, for the sake of argument, let's assume that I am actually me. Yes, I am still retired. Compared to the time I was spending on CMMOS, modding and helping other modders, it was a full time job. Now I just dabble occasionally (the Matilda was done for CMBB, and just recolored), and Marco took my rough sketch of the FlaK halftracks and really made them a sight to behold. I'm actually still fiddling with a from scratch King Tiger for CMBB, but it's going very slowly as I can't work on it 8 hours a day (more like 8 hours per month).

But anyway, enough about me. Here's another preview of Marco's exceptional FlaK guns, with improved, accurate gunshields.

FlaK_Details.jpg

Gordon

Originally posted by redwolf:

Excuse the interruption, but the flak halftrack dudes do not sit directly on top of their ammunition, do they?

The box-thing is a BFC 'simplification' which I think was added to allow the gun to traverse 360 degrees without fouling the cab. On the real vehicles those boxes aren't there, and the ammo was stacked all around the edges of the tray. So the flak dudes didn't sit ON their ammo, they sat in the middle of it.

The challenge was to make the base boxes look as if they actually belong on the vehicle, which hopefully we achieved.

• 2 weeks later...