Passenger capacity of Stug's underated.

tar

Originally posted by DerBlitzer:

Why does the guy on the lower right seem to have his rifle barrel shoved into his crotch? He does seem to be grimacing a little...

Maybe his gun has fired when jarred before and he's a little uptight. Or he's wondering if he's going to slide off and be track grease. I think i'd have scrambled to get a better seat.

Well, you think it's funny, but that's how public transportation looked like in Germany right after the war. Back then they could only dream of busses like the British had.

And those people there aren't really soldiers, neither. They are factory workers on their way home. They wear uniforms, because civil clothing was not available and their helmets protect them against rain and debris falling from destroyed houses. These rifles are also no longer operational. They picked them up because the stock can be used as cheap firewood.

uhh, well maybe you could modify CM to have two different carrying capacities - slightly reduced speed and ability to fire but alot of people on board and waaay exposed

The thing I want to know is how does the driver see and what happens if someone falls off especially if in front of the vehicle?

I believe the driver is looking through that little slit between man on the main gun and the fellow holding his rifle so as to guarentee himself a move off the frontline.

I also believe you can see the tank commander holding perhaps some radio ear phones or some sort of ear protection in the center top basically between the 2 individuals at the front of the tank i am describing. I believe the TC is wearing a cap and has a man on each side of him without their covers on, or so it appears to me.

Regarding the guy on the lower right sitting on his rifle who looks like he's about to slide under the track:

Notice that despite his precarious perch he is not holding onto the Stug at all... I think he has hooked his rifle sling over some protrusion on the hull and is holding the rifle to keep from sliding off the vehicle.

Originally posted by Loaf:

[QB I think he has hooked his rifle sling over some protrusion on the hull and is holding the rifle to keep from sliding off the vehicle. [/QB]

Or he is covering the unit emblem with his riflebutt, shielding it from the camera. This motley crew being frustratingly examplary in the total absence of any other discernable unit symbols. Looking very young there, the vehicle crewmen, whereas the riflemen and officers look a lot like a reserve unit.

As for awkward positions, I am rather more puzzled by the man on the extreme left in the picture. Looks rather like he is walking next to the vehicle than riding it.

Cheers

Dandelion