NEW CMAK MOD: " 1941 - Blitz over Greece " WIP

Gentlemen,

while working on the " Beyond the Siegfried Line - Germany 1944/45 " CMAK mod ( and...yes , a new Battle of the Bulge winter mod will also be included ) I stumbled over some historical accounts about the Italian/German invasion of Greece in 1941. Since I don´t like the CMAK desert stuff , I thought it would be a nice idea to replace this stuff with a " Greece & Crete " mod. So far , 50% of the work is done: new bitmaps for rocky- and grass terrain ,new trees and tree bases , new skyboxes etc. I am currently working on new buildings ( wait for some nice surprises)and new uniforms. Some early impressions:

GREECE00.jpg

GREECE01.jpg

GREECE02.jpg

GREECE03.jpg

GREECE04.jpg

GREECE05.jpg

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: End of August I´ll spent my vacations at Stavelot (Ardennes) and will take some digital photos of wartime buildings in Stoumont and LaGleize. So you can expect some REAL building and terrain bitmaps for the new Battle of the Bulge mod.

Thomas!

What an exquisite experience!

A marvelous exuberance of details! I am especially fond of being able to see the sea as part of the background.

Thomas, I am looking very much forward to inplementing your labour of love onto my installment of CMAK. I am part of a Sicily 1943 campaign and I think that Sicily terrain is closer to Crete/Greece terrain than mainland Italy.

Wonderful stuff Thomas! And good to learn that you are still working wonders!

All the best

Oooh, that looks sweat. Now the German vehicles must be grey not desert yellow but who is nickpicking?

Not sure about the British vehicles. Now how about vacationing in Malta and working up some terrain mods. I would love to see a Matilda in that Maltese rock pattern.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Oooh, that looks sweat. Now the German vehicles must be grey not desert yellow but who is nickpicking?MikeT

Hi Mike,

you are correct about the German vehicles, maybe some friendly soul here will do the job of recoloring the tanks and guns ? Unfortunately I haven´t found any references about the color of the British tanks... I guess the British soldiers had the usual khaki uniforms ? BTW: I need more informations about Italian and Greece uniforms ( yes , Greece soldiers will be included in the mod ). As you can see... there´s a lot of work left to be done. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

Hi,

“End of August I´ll spent my vacations at Stavelot (Ardennes) and will take some digital photos of wartime buildings in Stoumont and LaGleize. So you can expect some REAL building and terrain bitmaps for the new Battle of the Bulge mod.”

Sounds great:)

The Bulge is my favourite Western Front battle and I greatly look forward to using your mods.

Great stuff.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. I am fortunate to have been to the Ardennes for a number of trips, hope… to be there for the sixtieth anniversary.

Additional point

If we are going to be creating a number of Greek scenarios may I suggest that we add an identifier to the scenario name, ie we are using SCW for Spanish Civil War, 1940 for the early war battles may I suggest we begin to label Greek scenarios with 'GK'. i.e.

Psoli Pass GK

Additional point

If we are going to be creating a number of Greek scenarios may I suggest that we add an identifier to the scenario name, ie we are using SCW for Spanish Civil War, 1940 for the early war battles may I suggest we begin to label Greek scenarios with 'GK'. i.e.

Psoli Pass GK

Additional point

Psoli Pass GK

Additional point

Psoli Pass GK