Friday Night Mod-O-Rama!!! (Image Intensive)

So I actually, finally decided to finish a few of the incomplete mods that have been languishing on my hard drive for a while now. They're all posted now at the usual place.

First up: Winter Commonwealth uniforms. Leather jerkins and gloves worn with battledress.

winter_brits.jpg

Set includes all Commonwealth Italian theater uniforms including Canadians.

Next: North Africa theater Luftwaffe mechanized uniforms.

lw_desert.jpg

And now: Afrika Korps Sd Kfz 250s! All four of them. Nice and dirty and weathered with a neato "tan over Panzer gray" effect, just like you like them!

250s.jpg

Here's a couple detail shots of the 250/1.

250_1.jpg

250_2.jpg

Each vehicle mod includes options to remove the numbers and add the infamous aerial recognition banner!

But wait, that's not all! Also posted are the mid- and late-war Sd Kfz 250s (neu)!

250s_2.jpg

Again, some beauty shots of the 250/1 250neu1.jpg

250neu2.jpg

These mods also include a "no numbers" option. Enjoy!

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

So I actually, finally decided to finish a few of the incomplete mods that have been languishing on my hard drive for a while now. They're all posted now at the usual place.

First up: Winter Commonwealth uniforms. Leather jerkins and gloves worn with battledress.

winter_brits.jpg

Set includes all Commonwealth Italian theater uniforms including Canadians.

Yay!

AndrewTF,

Great work! Would be even more excited about your newest mods were I not more or less buried by the demands of RoW IV! I do have a question, though. Why is it that the Stahlhelms are so nicely curved and fairly realistic looking in terms of shape accuracy, but the classic tin pot CW helmets look so markedly unlike their real world counterparts?

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Noticed something that sent me haring off to my limited SdKfz 250 references, in this case the Bellona booklet by Doyle. Your mod shows the tires as having what appears to be a tread pattern based on trimming the SdKfz 250 track graphic. The handful of pictures I found which show the front tire pattern show a staggered herringbone pattern like a chevron, but with each bar stacked atop its fellow, rather than meeting at a common point. The common point is the tire's centerline, and the treads all angle up toward it.

[ March 06, 2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Yes, I know the uniforms a too clean. As I'm sure I've repeated numerous times: I'm too lazy to go through the work dirtying them up :D .

Seriously, if anybody would like to try to mess them up a bit then be my guest. Oh, and address any 3D model concerns to the BFC boys, cuz I can't do anything about them. ;)

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

and i suppose you (juuuust like everyone else) just skipped the 250/9 right? *sigh*

oh well...

The 250/9 is still a "legacy mod" leftover from CMBO, and the BMPs for the new versions won't fit the old 3D models without some serious alteration. Eventually I think I'll tackle it and the 250/8, and maybe even the 251/9.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Bogdan:

Dear Andrew,

Your Sd.250 serie is an ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE !

...and I'm calm ;)

What about a Sd.251 serie ? Be sure that your halftrack mods will roll over CM battlefields by dozens... ...and for a long time !

Thanks smile.gif

(a fan)

251s are on the way, but still need a little work before I show them off. These are all based on my SPW 250 and 251 series mods for CMBB, BTW. smile.gif