2:1 Representation in CMX2

Sergei

I'm aghasted that people are suggesting a 1:1 representation of men in CMX2 claiming this to be the pinnacle of realism. Just shows what kind of materialists they are. What unites every right-minded individual <font color=grey"><font size=1>apart from killing Sgt.Viljuri's with axes</font></font> is the unhesitating belief in the separation of the soul and the Corpus. But these atheists are happily neglecting the SPIRITUAL side of every soldier. While this might be well true in modeling the godless Communists, of course we all know that the next game will be situated in the Pacific Theater, in a war between the Bible-Abiding Americans and the Devil-Worshipping Heathens of Nippon.

To ACCURATELY model this conflict as a struggle between the Good and the Evil, 2:1 representation is required. On surface, it'd look just like 1:1 representation. But! there's more to it. With the press of a key you would get to see the OTHER side of the battlefield - the SPIRITUAL side of war. Yes, the souls wandering on the map, with angels and demons fighting amongst them. You could see the souls of American soldiers fly to the Heavens (the Japanese pagans have already sold their souls to Satan, so they've got nothing), with the exception of Pope-worshipping Catholics and Christ-killing Jews (see www.godhatesnonprotestants.com ).

Also, army priests could protect the souls of soldiers from the tricks of the devil, while the Bad Guys could resurrect their slain men as ninja zombies (this also is a documented phenomenon from WW2, although the atheists tried to explain it as the Japanese pretending to be dead - but a God-fearing protestant knows better).

I hope BFC understands how critical this is! If not, they might be added to the boycott list at www.godhatesvideogames.com !!! :mad:

Rereading Homer's 'The iliad' last night (MUCH more fun than that lame Brad Pitt movie) I couldn't help notice how one god or another would often ride into battle at the right hand of a hero. That would necesitate a 3:1 representation of men in CMx2. What would Aeneas have been in battle without Aphrodite at his side?

I have a particular fondness for Aeneas. In Virgils 'Aenead' our hero decends into the underworld, and who should he bump into but an ex-girlfriend! Talk about being in hell! That's something we can all relate to!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Rereading Homer's 'The iliad' last night (MUCH more fun than that lame Brad Pitt movie) I couldn't help notice how one god or another would often ride into battle at the right hand of a hero. That would necesitate a 3:1 representation of men in CMx2. What would Aeneas have been in battle without Aphrodite at his side?

I have a particular fondness for Aeneas. In Virgils 'Aenead' our hero decends into the underworld, and who should he bump into but an ex-girlfriend! Talk about being in hell! That's something we can all relate to!

Pff going to the underworld has been done to death, not to mention sooooo passé.

Peng is where it's at.

As starters, I would want to bring few things to discussion:

1) Some russian infantry troops (green and conscript variety in CMBB terms) had a bad habit of smoking mahorka (a tobacco substitute made from diseased plants). This is a proven fact.

Incidentally, one was able to smell mahorka smoking russians from few klicks away. Given that the one is situated leeward of the mahorka smoking russians, of course.

So I was wondering, shouldn't a player be able to locate or maybe even spot(!) a russian squad well before any LOS is being achieved.

This mahorka spotting method (MSM) differs from the other ways the russians used to give out their positions (like noise, firing their weapons or simple abstraction).

However, if MSM was already implemented in CMBB, it would have had something to do with Borg spotting. What, I don't know. At least it didn't have anything to do with trainspotting.

2) AI troops and especially right-minded player individuals shouldn't get axes in CMX2. Shovels should be sufficient.

I think you might be on to something there, Viljuri. We demand smell contacts for CMx2!!!

(Actually, it was not just mahorka. Sometimes the stench was contributed by Finns to bad hygiene, but later it turned out that the opposite was the case: the smell was caused by the black soap substitute that the men used to scrub themselves clean and which is also mentioned in many Gulag memoires.)

I'm also in support of replacing Axe2121 with a shovel.

Originally posted by Sergei:

I think you might be on to something there, Viljuri. We demand smell contacts for CMx2!!!

(Actually, it was not just mahorka. Sometimes the stench was contributed by Finns to bad hygiene, but later it turned out that the opposite was the case: the smell was caused by the black soap substitute that the men used to scrub themselves clean and which is also mentioned in many Gulag memoires.)

I'm also in support of replacing Axe2121 with a shovel.

BACK OFF - I mentioned Smell-o-Vision in the 1:1 thread....