There is no Peng Challenge thread, it is all in their sick minds I tell you

Originally posted by Nidan1:

You want a real war story, non-fiction, read "Dispatches" by Michael Herr. I read an historical novel translation by Sienkiewicz many years ago, it wasnt about the conflict with Sweden however, cant remember the name of it now, I'll have to look it up.

BTW as you drift in here from time to time, to dispense timely comments and literary recommendations on the downtrodden, Pearls before Swine, so to speak, remember this is also a challenge thread. (maybe in your sodden dementia you have forgotten). Since I find you such a wonderful person, and have no animosity or hatred to spare for you, perhaps in your graciousness you would care to receive a setup from me. I am so overwhelmed with love and good cheer due to the above postings of that moron lenakonrad that I would deign to ask you for a battle. Whattaya say Seanachai old pal, you want a game?

sadly rusty drunk

rainfall crashes, drunk sightless

passive barflies sneer

Do you know, 'Dispatches' was one of the best damn books I've ever read. I must have read it a dozen times. I first got it as a strip-cover book when I worked at B&N, and I went out and bought it.

Nidan, you useless toad, the Sienkiewicz books you should read are his trilogy of titles that he won the Nobel Prize for: "With Fire and Sword", "The Deluge", and "Fire in the Steppe". It is "Fire in the Steppe" that deals with the conflict between Sweden and Poland.

They read like a cross between Sir Walter Scott and Dumas Pere.

Normally, a faint shadow of humanity like yourself would barely register on the radar of a superiour being like myself, but I was intrigued by the fact that you've actually read 'Dispatches'.

I think a game might be in order. Send me a setup. Nothing more than 1500 points, thank you.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

Winecape's wine showed up.

Come on out so I can push you off the S.S. Boating While Intoxicated and into the ice cold lake.

No singing.

Woot! When, oh Lars, shall you, I, dalem and Papa Khan once again roam the lake, swilling fine South African wines?

R Leete is sending me a bottle of mead which I'd be happy to throw into the mix. I would have drunk it with my good and true friend Jen, but she went and got pregnant, and can't drink anymore.

Might as well swill it down with you useless clowns.

Originally posted by Lars:

Come on out so I can push you off the S.S. Boating While Intoxicated and into the ice cold lake.

No singing.

Woot! When, oh Lars, shall you, I, dalem and Papa Khan once again roam the lake, swilling fine South African wines?

R Leete is sending me a bottle of mead which I'd be happy to throw into the mix. I would have drunk it with my good and true friend Jen, but she went and got pregnant, and can't drink anymore.

Might as well swill it down with you useless clowns.

Oh, and on that note, I wish to recognize the arrival of my Squire, R Leete, to the stature of Knighthood.

In recognition of his singular inability to defeat me in a PBEM (I won the only game we ever played, which was just sad, because he should have swept me into the sea), and his many fine rants of late, I raise him up to Knight of the Cesspool.

R Leete, you're a Knight now. Go piss on some of the lackwits and laugh at their hurt expressions.

Oh, and on that note, I wish to recognize the arrival of my Squire, R Leete, to the stature of Knighthood.

In recognition of his singular inability to defeat me in a PBEM (I won the only game we ever played, which was just sad, because he should have swept me into the sea), and his many fine rants of late, I raise him up to Knight of the Cesspool.

R Leete, you're a Knight now. Go piss on some of the lackwits and laugh at their hurt expressions.

Guest PondScum

Seanachai, why this sudden burst of devil-may-care energy? Have the drugs finally taken hold? Have you coughed up half a lung and found nothing left? Are we to take it that you are, not to put too fine a point on it, WELL once more?

Bugger.

Or is it merely the sudden burst of warmth in Minnesota that brings you forth from your tiny frozen den, blinking in the sunlight and wondering at the wide wide world before you?

I guess we lose either way.

Guest PondScum

Seanachai, why this sudden burst of devil-may-care energy? Have the drugs finally taken hold? Have you coughed up half a lung and found nothing left? Are we to take it that you are, not to put too fine a point on it, WELL once more?

Bugger.

Or is it merely the sudden burst of warmth in Minnesota that brings you forth from your tiny frozen den, blinking in the sunlight and wondering at the wide wide world before you?

I guess we lose either way.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

No singing.

Might as well swill it down with you useless clowns. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

No singing.

Might as well swill it down with you useless clowns. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

So I'm ... I'm not invited then? I'm to be left forlorn and adrift on the shore, waving disconsolately as you power (more or less, I mean we're talking about Lar's boat here) away in a haze of exhaust and wine fumes, shouting something very like "Show us your grits" to the odd passing boat containing women.

Joe

Oh, hell no, Joe! There's no doubt that your cheerful, smiling, almost magically dim face and white hair helped us avoid getting thrown out of that waterside restaurant where Lars kept demanding that the waitress bring him a 'pink squirrel, and put a tu-tu on it!'

While horrendously disturbing as a concept, there's no doubt that you're wonderfully reassuring to skittish young women who are trying to extricate Lars' hand from their undergarments while being polite and hoping for a decent tip despite the rather frenetic slapping they have it indulge in.

Your Justicarial frown is worth it's weight in any substance you care to name, and your soft-spoken but firm demeanour says to all restaurant and bar help: Excuse us. My friends are horrible idjits, and that man who currently has his hand up your skirt is actually one of nature's noblemen. We will now proceed to the lake, where the man who is attempting to immodestly fondle you will drown himself while driving home drunk and stupid.

That sort of reassurance is worth at least two more rounds of drinks after you'd normally be cut off.

Joe, you're a treasure. Don't ever change.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

So I'm ... I'm not invited then? I'm to be left forlorn and adrift on the shore, waving disconsolately as you power (more or less, I mean we're talking about Lar's boat here) away in a haze of exhaust and wine fumes, shouting something very like "Show us your grits" to the odd passing boat containing women.

Joe

Oh, hell no, Joe! There's no doubt that your cheerful, smiling, almost magically dim face and white hair helped us avoid getting thrown out of that waterside restaurant where Lars kept demanding that the waitress bring him a 'pink squirrel, and put a tu-tu on it!'

While horrendously disturbing as a concept, there's no doubt that you're wonderfully reassuring to skittish young women who are trying to extricate Lars' hand from their undergarments while being polite and hoping for a decent tip despite the rather frenetic slapping they have it indulge in.

Your Justicarial frown is worth it's weight in any substance you care to name, and your soft-spoken but firm demeanour says to all restaurant and bar help: Excuse us. My friends are horrible idjits, and that man who currently has his hand up your skirt is actually one of nature's noblemen. We will now proceed to the lake, where the man who is attempting to immodestly fondle you will drown himself while driving home drunk and stupid.

That sort of reassurance is worth at least two more rounds of drinks after you'd normally be cut off.

Joe, you're a treasure. Don't ever change.

Well Gramps you've gone and done it now. I suppose the little lacking - wit will soon be prancing around in all his inglorious pomposity ! Mind you, he will have the very good point that he is out from under your, err, tutelage.

Noba.

Well Gramps you've gone and done it now. I suppose the little lacking - wit will soon be prancing around in all his inglorious pomposity ! Mind you, he will have the very good point that he is out from under your, err, tutelage.

Noba.

Ah yes, and not unlike the large, oafish 17 year old who's finally graduated out of the sixth grade, merely because his teachers couldn't bare the thought of seeing him sitting in his too tiny chair behind his too tiny desk for another year, R_Leete is shoved out the door of Squiredom and into the ranks of Kaniggethood.

Welcome, brother. You do realize that as the newest knight, you need to arrange a sit down buffet for the rest of us, don't you?

Edited because it's early and I'm not awake yet.

[ April 16, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Ah yes, and not unlike the large, oafish 17 year old who's finally graduated out of the sixth grade, merely because his teachers couldn't bare the thought of seeing him sitting in his too tiny chair behind his too tiny desk for another year, R_Leete is shoved out the door of Squiredom and into the ranks of Kaniggethood.

Welcome, brother. You do realize that as the newest knight, you need to arrange a sit down buffet for the rest of us, don't you?

Edited because it's early and I'm not awake yet.

[ April 16, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

R_Leete , welcome to the fold, and whatever other dubious distinctions are involved. Being cut from the apron strings of the Bard must be joyous and horrible all at the same time.

A Haiku in your honor (or your ignominy, which ever is applicable:

depressions soften dryly,

spellbound lustful sting

grains of sand gape, wet

R_Leete , welcome to the fold, and whatever other dubious distinctions are involved. Being cut from the apron strings of the Bard must be joyous and horrible all at the same time.

spellbound lustful sting

grains of sand gape, wet

Now you're making sense. My order is liver and bacon casserole. Please don't overcook it.

If it's early for you BooBaby , then it must be bed time for me. Toodles.

Noba.

Now you're making sense. My order is liver and bacon casserole. Please don't overcook it.

If it's early for you BooBaby , then it must be bed time for me. Toodles.

Noba.

spellbound lustful sting

grains of sand gape, wet

You got a program that does that doncha? Come on, you can be honest with us, we won't think less of you ... we couldn't after all. It's one of those freeware, "Make a Highcoup In Your Own Home" programs isn't it?

As to R_Leete, {sniff} ... it seems only yesterday he was toddling around in his poopy droopy pants ... oh wait ... that WAS yesterday. Nonetheless, congratulations lad, you're a Knight now and nothing less ... of course you're nothing MORE than that either.

Joe

[ April 16, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

spellbound lustful sting

grains of sand gape, wet

You got a program that does that doncha? Come on, you can be honest with us, we won't think less of you ... we couldn't after all. It's one of those freeware, "Make a Highcoup In Your Own Home" programs isn't it?

As to R_Leete, {sniff} ... it seems only yesterday he was toddling around in his poopy droopy pants ... oh wait ... that WAS yesterday. Nonetheless, congratulations lad, you're a Knight now and nothing less ... of course you're nothing MORE than that either.

Joe

[ April 16, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]