10 Best mods for cmbb

You're too kind Mike.

I judge 'must have' by how ugly and how widely used the original is.

If it were just most ugly I'd grab the Lend-Lease Stuart mod first! If its most widely used I'd either start downloading Andrew TF's Soviet Infantry Uniform sets or my PzIVs.

Oh, for '43 yellow German armor mods you may want to check out both the CMAK and the CMBB side of cmmods.com, since they share a lot of textures.

So far

1 Grid ok

2 Mikey D (AVF's) ok

3 Andrew TF (Sov Inf Uni)ok

4 Total Interface mod ok

5 german inf uniforms?

6 terrain?

7 Buildings?

8 clouds/sky?

9 Faces?

10 small arms & explosions/smoke?

whats your recommendations for the remaining fellas.

[ August 10, 2006, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: para ]

Originally posted by para:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The ASL total conversion interface mod, including all the terrain. For reasons too obvious to describe in detail here.

got a link Michael please </font>

I also have to vote for Andrew and Mikey.

My current fav is the one which made my T34s look like this:

tanks.jpg

They look alot more intresting then the bland ones (imo) which are default.

Cant remember who actually made that one.

I think the other tanks are modded, cant remember for sure now what the orginals look like.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by para:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by para:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The ASL total conversion interface mod, including all the terrain. For reasons too obvious to describe in detail here.

got a link Michael please </font>

Mikey D's AFVs, guns etc.

Andrew Fox uniforms, halftracks etc.

Gurras later german vehicles

Undaunted's skies

Tanks A Lot's buildings, some terrain

Vossiewulf's soviet vehicles

Juju's small arms mod

David I's late war german stuff

Items from Heinzbaby, Limey, DEY, Patboy, Navy, Makjager, Mike8g, Gordon Molek & Marco Bergman mixed & matched to suit ....

... you really shouldn't restrict yourself to a 10 must have - the scope of the game is just TOO BIG for that!

:D

there is that many and i'm not that clever when it comes to historical fact etc..the other thing is i don't really know how they fit in...what i mean is does the game have all the model variants of the panthers/stugs/shermans etc in the game to start with ands you guys are just redoing them better.or does the game just have a generic model which it uses over and over again.

do you know what i mean? i never know if im updating with each mod or downgrading again

lol

cheers guys

either way i love the games

Sorry to ask a mod question inside somebody else's mod question, but I have a CMMODS query which is a little related. I have used CMMODS for practically everything except the vehicle mods, and some uniform mods. What I have never figured out is whether, for example, if you use CMMODS to install a winterized vehicle mod, you have to replace it again when you are playing a scenario that's not in set in the winter, or can the summer and winter mods happily be installed together. As people have used CMMODS such a lot, you must be pretty nifty at knowing how cope with different seasons. I have notice that mods can sometimes share the same .bmp file numbers. I'm a bit confused. Sadly, this in not uncommon! smile.gif

Thanks,

Martin

Hi all, I just purchased CMBB (I've had the first CM for years) and I was hoping to give it a nice high-res facelift.

Are there any mod packs out there? I'm looking for a nice high res overhaul and I would like to avoid DL'ing one unit at a time if I can.

The cmmods DB is pretty nice, but there is an awful lot of stuff to choose from - more than I really have time to sort through.

HEY! Where is it? Let the rest of us search impaired sods know please!

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

quote:

got a link Michael please

cancel that found it..

thanks

Don't say you haven't been warned. Heh.

i love it