Worst idea yet for a scenario

Well we have some people here who really need to stop drinking and take those meds!

What is weird is I actually built one of these scenarios, and I therefore declare it the "winner of the worse scenario"

Flammemwoofers or what ever is the hero.

Black Russians

Night, heavy fog, deep snow. A conscript company of russians attacks a german factory complex that happens to manufacture flamethrowers.

I actually made a version of this for CMBO, had Fanatical green Frenchmen attacking a church because they thought it had alcohol in it - yep it was the Army level German Elite flamethrower repair site......toasty

Well donw Flammenwooder, keep those bad scenarios coming!

I like the one about T-26s toooooooo

Mortar Golf:

Map is a full 18-hole golf course. Players have mortar teams, and they may not move to the next hole until one team has landed a round directly in the cup. Player with the most ammo at the end of the game wins. (Game length: 400 turns.)

This is doable...an 18 battle operation, advancing to the next hole between battles. Enemy forces are one bunker at the end of the fairway pointing the wrong way.

Or could you PBEM this with two mortar teams....hmmm, identical courses, divided by a level 19 wall....

That could be fun in a twisted kind of way!

Edit - don't forget to turn fog of war off so you can verify the opponents round.

[ January 13, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

The PBA on CMBB.

Two sets of ten Soviet jeeps. Imobilized with no weapons in triangular formation at end of 100m bridge. Two Sturmtigers with two rounds of ammo each. 10 battle operation. Same OB in each battle.

Sitzkrieg.

Two companies of each side's best armor 100m apart. Flat map, clear terrain. No ammo, bogged. 1000 turns. Player who goes longest wins. In case of tie UN negotiation team will be called.

Gamey Armageddon:

Axis has a full Maus company manned by elite volksturm tank crews. Allies have a mixture of IS-3 tanks, lend-lease Pershing IIs and a battalion of Guards Naval Airborne SMG squads. Terrain is 3km x 3km square, filled-in with water so that movement is possible only along the map-edge. Reinforcements: on turn 30, both players receive atom-bomb forward observers.

Peng Challenge:

Random quick operation with no map, no points and no units. Battle is fought entirely in chat window. Infinite number of turns.

This one I actually tried:

I was doing a 'photo shoot' of a couple recent gun mods so I did a scenario with two Russian 75mm guns on a flat featureless terrain, plus a single German sniper to keep the game engine from going to immediate victory.

I wondered what would happen if I let the scenario run so I hit 'Go'. The Russians caught a brief glimpse of the sniper running BEHIND them. Two turns later both guns were abandoned and the crews paniced. That darned sniper must'a been a regular Rambo!

[ January 13, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I actually tried Michael Dorosh's suggestion for mortar golf (yes I'm bored) and ran into some unexpected results. My elite German 81mm mortar will only fire one or two shots per turn at the allied wooden bunker facing the wrong way. And the shots that hit don't seem to do any damage. I guess bunkers are too much for mortars to take out.

So I thought perhaps an open-topped vehicle as a target would be fun. I gave the Allies a jeep and the option to dig in. The jeep didn't move until he started to get shot at, but I couldn't figure out how to force the AI to dig in so that I would always have a stationary target. Any ideas?

The jeep game was actually fairly enjoyable. I propose a scoring system which rewards the player more for a pretty explosion instead of just an "abandoned" target.

Dr. Rosenrosen

[ January 14, 2003, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Rosenrosen ]

King of the hill

1x1km symmetrical map, open ground except for a one tile wide ring of scattered trees around the map. Terrain rises slightly towards the map edges so basically every spot on the map is visible from everywhere. A single small building with a large flag in the center.

Both sides get a green rifle company with extra ammo. The first player to get a unit into the building wins.

Dschugaschwili

edit: now that I think about it, this one could even be fun...

[ January 14, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Dschugaschwili ]

Speaking of Mortar Golf, I've figured it out! :D

Set up a foursome of elite mortars, each with their own kubelwagen (natuerlich!). Name them after your favorite golfers. Each "hole" is a Soviet jeep whose movement is more or less confined by water (thx Rex_Bellator), barbed wire, etc. Stick a flag there for looks.

For each hole, arrange the players on the tee (probably a pavement tile) so they can all see the target and begin firing at the same time. Whoever gets credit for the kill wins the hole. Double credit for causing an explosion instead of just getting the crew to "abandon" the jeep.

Then each of the foursome gets in his kubelwagen and they drive down the next hole. (The scenery is half of the experience.) The engine supports up to 4 km of map.

I'll post a scenario if I actually free up that much time.

Dr. Rosenrosen

Should I stay or should I go?

In CMBO I created a battle where the Allies had 100 Hellcat tank destroyers on a large flat terrain except for a plateu towards the other end of the field with 10 King Tigers on top. The goal, get as many TD's to exit at the other end of the map, past the KT's. Oh, I scattered mines here and there to keep it interesting. The CPU started smoking after the first round of calculations.

Originally posted by Lindan:

Did you know that Talonsoft never patched the German version? You had to use the bug-infested 1.00 all the time. To make up for it, the US version was cheaper. Only problem was that you couldn't get it in Germany. :rolleyes:

Never, ever will I buy a game from that company again.[/QB]

Don't worry about them, it seems they have faded into the sunset.

BigMik1

Ok, another really bad idea:

Sokoban

Maze-like map (lots of cliffs). Soviet player gets a T34M43 and lots of tank hunter teams with RPGs.

German force consists of a couple of ammoless 221(late) ACs (padlocked and already surrounded by the tank hunter teams) and some other troops in a cut off corner of the map to prevent auto-surrender. The russian player has to push the ACs onto the target spots (marked by wheat fields) before the time runs out.

Dschugaschwili

So I thought perhaps an open-topped vehicle as a target would be fun. I gave the Allies a jeep and the option to dig in. The jeep didn't move until he started to get shot at, but I couldn't figure out how to force the AI to dig in so that I would always have a stationary target. Any ideas?

Entrenched Open top Assault guns (like the Marder series or SU-76) would work, as a mortar round through the top would kill it right quick.