Has the Challenge Replaced Peng in CMBB? Who to Blame for the Death of the Cesspool

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I (shudder) feel I know Lars. If you met the stupid sod, he'd buy you dinner, and actually lie to you about how big the glass of beer he was buying you. He would buy you a glass of beer twice as large as what he told you.

Where's mine then?

Mace</font>

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hortlund's Quest: otherwise known as the armored car derby.

Since I have neither pride nor predjudice...(is that proper English?), and having accepted his challenge. I wish to report that after a few turns, most of my ill designed Russian armored cars lay in smoking ruin about the battlefield.

I also wish to report that Hortlund is sufficiently Gamey to possibly achieve victory in this battle. All sorts of unfamiliar Minor Power vehicles are zooming around the landscape, under his direction. Half of mine were stopped dead before even moving from their set up zones. This leads me to believe that he is cheating, he being a Swede leads me to this conclusion. Although the last Swede I remember ever winning anything was Ingemar Johanssen, so I think I still have a chance.

[ January 14, 2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

....mindless drivel..... If you met the stupid sod, he'd buy you dinner, and actually lie to you about how big the glass of beer he was buying you. He would buy you a glass of beer twice as large as what he told you.....more mindless drivel....

Exactly where ,did you say, Lars lives?

Originally posted by Speedy:

Exactly where ,did you say, Lars lives?

Hah! I made sure I always met them somewhere else. And went by boat. Didn't want to leave a trail they could follow...

Game Updates:

Agua Perdido: Send a turn.

Dalem: What do you know, massed firepower works. He is being crushed like a hippie's last roach.

OGSF: Send the last file and let's bury this turkey. Oh, and I want to brag about my superior skills in making airplanes miss.

Aussie Jeff: We have now come to grips in the dark. I didn't know Romanians had such big hands. I blame rune for this.

Gaylord: I see him. He doesn't see me. Just the way I like it.

Seanachai: I think I'll buy him a beer or two. Just small ones. As soon as he sends a turn.

Goanna: Send a turn.

Lt. Hortlund: My Squire is in the factory and going ape-sh*t on the occupants. His brilliantly timed flanking maneuver failed though. Seems once Italians start running they don't stop.

Mike: I am building up a T-26 army of invincible proportions. You'll get yours bub.

Papa Kahn: Is down to his last big Kitty-Kat. It seems he wants to keep it as long as possible as he hasn't sent a turn lately.

Leeo: Send a turn so I can practice my l33t stug killing skilz.

Speedy: Gamey basteche thinks its fun to use IS-2's on P-IV's at 80 meters in the dark.

MrSpkr: I have sent off a Armored Car Battle. I took the Russians so I can check up on the Squire.

If I have forgotten anyone, too bad, deal with it.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Ignore “No Smoking” signs.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

RSColon! I am NOT from Minnysnowduh! I am an Ohioan and damn proud of it!

Lovely. Like trying to be proud of a genital rash that almost, but not really, makes it look like you've had the name of your first ever girl friend tatooed on your thingy.</font>

Now lets see...

The quest so far

Nidan1

He is quite correct that I cheated. I used the infamous "outflank" cheat, where you put your units slightly off center to the map, and when your (non cheating) opponent comes driving down the center of the map, you wait until you can see the sides of their cars, and then you open fire. It is a most sinister cheat, I admit, and it takes years and years of practice before you can master it.

Jussi

Decided to bring crack M17s against my mighy Romanian -German lend lease PSW 222s. He will be dealt with soon poor lad.

sgtgoody

Yes, this battle has the potentials of an oscar winner. Sgtwoody does not know this yet, but since I'm fairly sure he cannot read, it should be safe to post it here...By some bizarre twist of fate, the computer would only let me buy conscripts or green troops. Naturally I rejoiced when I realized that, because it is not often you will place all your hopes of winning a battle squarely on the shoulders of a platoon of green Hungarian Armoured cars, while hordes of conscript Italian and Romanian MG armed carriers wander around aimelessly on the battlefield.

You know you have good troops when NO ONE managed to start moving during the first movie.

Mike

Just started this one. But dont worry, I have something gamey in mind as a revenge for our latest battle where Mike used the cowardly "outnumber your enemy 10-1 and have lots of tanks"-cheat.

RS-Colon 1285714

He did the smart thing and sodded off, if only more people could obsess like that about computer pixels.

Now all I need is one more victim to make my quest complete...hmmmm

--edited as a way to show my respect for Britney Spears

[ January 14, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Leutnant Hortlund ]

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Now lets see...

The quest so far

Mike

Just started this one. But dont worry, I have something gamey in mind as a revenge for our latest battle where Mike used the cowardly "outnumber your enemy 10-1 and have lots of tanks"-cheat.

That would be my counter to your "I'll pick the scenario and sides" cheat?

I guess my cheat worked better than your cheat - despite your gamey use of panzerfausts to destroy peace loving tank crews.

Well you'll be killing no T34's in this game Sonny Jim!!

Mind you I reckon you've used the "I'm gonna have lots of 20mm rapid fire autocannon while you're stuck with those daft slow-shooting-can't-hit-a-barn-door 45mm thingies" cheat and I'm not quite sure what to do about THAT except maybe die a lot.....

Mike pointed out:

Mind you I reckon you've used the "I'm gonna have lots of 20mm rapid fire autocannon while you're stuck with those daft slow-shooting-can't-hit-a-barn-door 45mm thingies" cheat and I'm not quite sure what to do about THAT except maybe die a lot.....

Yeah Gaylord Focker is using that one on me right now.

...And before you start Lord Git, the fact that I picked the scenario has nothing to do with it! thhppfffttt

I am busy, but you weak shadows of your ancient selves ought not grow overconfident now that you've managed to run off one of the SSN's. The rest of us are made of stronger stuff (proved in the bowling alley).

I shall return to torment you all again (especially you Berli) and that swiftly.

Vadr

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I (shudder) feel I know Lars. If you met the stupid sod, he'd buy you dinner, and actually lie to you about how big the glass of beer he was buying you. He would buy you a glass of beer twice as large as what he told you.

Where's mine then?

Mace</font>

The SSNs are the only thing keeping this thread alive. Were it not for us it would consist of 3 pages of the Olde Ones blathering incoherantly about bringing back some former master in the vain hope of looking lucid. You know if you all go in together for Depends you could probably get a group rate.

I see that Lt Hortlund is already trying to explain his inevitable defeat. No matter, all glory will be mine even if you are robbing gradeschools for your crews.

Originally posted by Sgtgoody:

The SSNs are the only thing keeping this thread alive.

Sigh. No, you are not. You are merely driving those who would keep the traditions of the MBT alive away, for they have no desire to interact with such pedantic, moronic posters as yourself.

We do not post here just to post. It is not a contest to see who can post the most replies to a single thread. For Berli's sake, even Panzer Leader finally understood THAT point -- I would think you could grasp it as well.

You clearly do not understand the Muthah B and have no obvious desire TO understand it. From your posts, it appears you think this is some grade school playground where you can boast amongst the other lads as to who can pull the largest booger out of his nose, or who was first to make bubbles across the entire toilet while urinating.

Do a search. Spend some time reading the Olde Threads in 2001 and 2000. See if you can figure out what was going on, and understand some of the traditions thereof.

Or not -- in which case it would not surprise me to see the Olde Ones to declare the MBT dead and ask Madmatt to lock up any subsequent incarnations.

Of course, that may be your goal as well -- but it would be sad to see such a tradition go.

Steve

MrSpkr

You have obviously mistaken me for another member of this thread.

I HAVE read your rules and I HAVE read past threads where such wonderful traditions endure such as asking someone which ball they are scheduled to lick. This, of course, is in addition to endless pages of "Dude where's my turn?"

I have come fully appreciating the spirit of the thread and have answered taunt for taunt. I have also happily issued and taken up challenges with no regard to the conditions but simply because the gauntlet has been thrown down. I have never responded with crude references to bodily functions or base language but have tried to add a little venom to my words. While they may not match the wit of the examples I have sighted I have never given in to petulant rantings about how I think everyone else should respect me.

I have presented the members of the thread with a willing and able target for challenges of both games and wit and have answered those challenges in the spirit in which they were given. If you cannot or will not respond to my words in a like spirit then ignore them rather than hiding behind tradition or labeling me a destroyer of all the MBT represents.

James Goodman

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgtgoody:

The SSNs are the only thing keeping this thread alive.

Sigh. No, you are not. You are merely driving those who would keep the traditions of the MBT alive away, for they have no desire to interact with such pedantic, moronic posters as yourself.

</font>

I vote Mrspnkr the "Crotchety Olde Man of the Year" Award, from the drivel that has come from him in the last few threads, one would think he is creating spittle and saving it for a trip in the desert. Try wringing out your pillows, you git, I bet there are pints of drool on them .